Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Woody Should Only Make 2 Changes

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Woody Should Only Make 2 Changes

1. Fire Mike Tannenbaum outright
    2. Hire a new GM that will make all further decisions including whether Bradway stays, who the head coach will be, etc...

Unfortunately I think Woody will completely hedge again, trying to retain Tannenloser in some role, forcing Rex on the next GM. We will not wind up with anything good in that scenario.

Fire Tanny, hire new GM and get out of the frickin way

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny is too valuable to completely kick out of the organization..

I would love to keep him in his original role as "cap" man.. as he is probably the best in the league in making space and reworking contracts..

But not as GM. He does not evaluate talent well.. And is best in his reduce role...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post

I would love to keep him in his original role as "cap" man.. as he is probably the best in the league in making space and reworking contracts..

But not as GM. He does not evaluate talent well.. And is best in his reduce role...
    Tanny does nothing special. He is easily replaceable

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

He has that reputation, but all he really does is borrow from future years expecting to be covered by the increase in the cap. Eventually that plan does not work and catches up to you as it will for us next year. I just want hiim gone, there are plenty of smart accountants that can easily fill his role.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Valuable?

Yes, that is why we have players being vastly over paid with no ability to cut them and bring in more talent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    He has that reputation, but all he really does is borrow from future years expecting to be covered by the increase in the cap. Eventually that plan does not work and catches up to you as it will for us next year. I just want hiim gone, there are plenty of smart accountants that can easily fill his role.
    Is he running for Congress in 2014?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Exactly he is for all intents and purposes an accountant. Not exactly hard to come by.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Sure. Lets just hire some kid from H@R Block!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

why do jets fans think tanenbum is some cap genious. what has he done? has no SB's to show for all his work

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

He knows the cap and the pages of legalese it contains. He is terible at reworking contracts or making space. Please name one reworked contract you are happy with- Revis? Pace? Scott? Smith? Sanchez? Moore? The only one that hasn't bit the jets in the ass is Dbrick's so far. You can make space as easily ah he did

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He knows the cap and the pages of legalese it contains. He is terible at reworking contracts or making space. Please name one reworked contract you are happy with- Revis? Pace? Scott? Smith? Sanchez? Moore? The only one that hasn't bit the jets in the ass is Dbrick's so far. You can make space as easily ah he did
    I can??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, Tanny found a poison pill that got us Curtis Martin. He's been living off that deal for over a decade now. The fact is he has done nothing inventive since then that all 31 other teams haven't been. This whole idea that he has some incredible talent above all others that we must keep him here is nonsense.