Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: myers to rex stop the sobbing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex riding on the coattails of Mangini's core talent base (similar to the Dungy/Gruden situation).

Then Rex starts to make the team his own with personnel changes.

Result: 2 disappointing seasons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In 09 the Jets added Greene, Edwards, Sheppard, Scott, Sanchez, Woodhead, Hartsock, Mulligan, Douglas, Weatherford, Strickland, Cole and Leonhard...at least 5 of these were crucial core players in 09 and 10 that I can't seem to find in Mangini's rosters anywhere

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    In 09 the Jets added Greene, Edwards, Sheppard, Scott, Sanchez, Woodhead, Hartsock, Mulligan, Douglas, Weatherford, Strickland, Cole and Leonhard...at least 5 of these were crucial core players in 09 and 10 that I can't seem to find in Mangini's rosters anywhere
    Interesting that out of those 13 "core" players as you call them, only 3 are still here 3 years later and have been with the team since they were acquired.

That tells me that they were more complimentary. Added pieces. And now 3 years later, the majority of them are gone and have been replaced with parts and pieces. By the way, LOL @ Mulligan and Woodhead was brought in during Mangini's tenure.

When I think of "core," I think of Revis, Ellis, Pace, Harris, Thomas, Mangold, Ferguson, Moore, Woody, Keller, Richardson, Cotchery, Coleman, DeVito, Pouha, B. Smith, E. Smith, Turner, Jenkins, Lowery, Jones (2009).

That's 20 players who were here when Ryan arrived and were here through the 2010 season.
    Last edited by Jordy; 12-29-2012 at 08:07 PM.