Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: myers to rex stop the sobbing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He can sob all he wants, I just want him to stop the coaching.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myers looks like Templeton the rat with plaque in his teeth.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    rex is obviously hated by the ny media. he brought this all on himself and deserves everything and anything they give him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still can't get past the entire premise of this story. It's questioning if Woody is going to pay to increase the offense.

Paying two high-priced QB's is a football decision NOT a money decision.

There is a SALARY CAP and Woody Johnson has always, basically, spent the max they could.

Either Gary Myers completely doesn't understand the way the NFL works or he's just making Sh-- up!....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its Rex's fault really for trying to dignify be nice and try and honestly answer question from this herd of hack jackals.

Hopefully he learns by spending a few weeks of the offseason watching Belichick Coughlin and John Tortorella and the way they treat their jackals

One word answers

Gotta review the film

Not sure

Dont know

Thank you..exit right

Don't ever treat them like decent human beings (only exception....if Sooth is the questioner)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    rex is obviously hated by the ny media. he brought this all on himself and deserves everything and anything they give him.
    The media in NY will publish anything, the truth doesn't enter into it. Do the Jets need to be fixed? Yes. Is the media helping the situation by constently writing negative articles on the Jets? No. It's going to be tough enough to fix the Jets, without clowns in the media publishing half truths , misquotes and out and out lies.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    The media in NY will publish anything, the truth doesn't enter into it. Do the Jets need to be fixed? Yes. Is the media helping the situation by constently writing negative articles on the Jets? No. It's going to be tough enough to fix the Jets, without clowns in the media publishing half truths , misquotes and out and out lies.
    The gossip column

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Its Rex's fault really for trying to dignify be nice and try and honestly answer question from this herd of hack jackals.

Hopefully he learns by spending a few weeks of the offseason watching Belichick Coughlin and John Tortorella and the way they treat their jackals

One word answers

Gotta review the film

Not sure

Dont know

Thank you..exit right

Don't ever treat them like decent human beings (only exception....if Sooth is the questioner)

Rex likes to hear himself talk. The others don't. He has no filter. The others do.

That's part of his problem and that will never change. If he changes it or trys to, it will eat him up inside.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no question that Ryan sounds like a desperate man fearful of losing his dream job.

His denials mean nothing to me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winning or not I like Rex. You can't fire a coach after 1 loosing season. The O sucks it has for about a decade now. That is not Rex's fault. It is hard to build an O when you only have 4 draft picks and 20 mil in cap space EVERY YEAR! The same wholes he had year 1 he will still have going into this off season except maybe WR which people can argue all they want but that has improved.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

One word answers

Gotta review the film

Not sure

Dont know

Thank you..exit right

+1

What could Rex possibly learn from BB, Coughlin and Tortorella...hmmmmmm.....is there anything they have accomplished that Rex hasn't?

I wonder.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Winning or not I like Rex. You can't fire a coach after 1 loosing season. The O sucks it has for about a decade now. That is not Rex's fault. It is hard to build an O when you only have 4 draft picks and 20 mil in cap space EVERY YEAR! The same wholes he had year 1 he will still have going into this off season except maybe WR which people can argue all they want but that has improved.
    It's makes you wonder what if had Favre not blown his arm out in the last 5 games of 08.. Even with that the Jets were 9th in scoring that year.. The best Chaddy ever did was 14th before his injury.. Vinny had the Jets scoring at 5th in 1998..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thumbs up SG3. I've seen most of Ryans weekly Pressers. He's always been friendly and respectful, even after stories about his wife, and him being put in a cl;own suit. I can't stand the media, there nasty unfair, and wrong most of the time. Im amazed how cool everybody with the Jets have been. If somebody put me in a clown suit and plastered it on the front page, i would have put there lights out

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    +1

What could Rex possibly learn from BB, Coughlin and Tortorella...hmmmmmm.....is there anything they have accomplished that Rex hasn't?

I wonder.
    It warms my heart to see the two of you playing so well together.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how these Daily News douche' write an article standing behind the previous story on the same day that Cimini writes an article saying that Rex was joking when he said what Mehta reported. So Myers and Mehta ran with a story that was complete BS, yet still stand behind it? These clowns should be run out of town.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Hated - are you friggen out of your mind. The NY media loves Rex, he's a walking soundbite for them and helps them sell stories even when they have to fabricate them . If and when Rex leaves it will be a sad day for NY media.
    Last edited by 56mehl56; 12-29-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of ripping the jets, why doesn't Myers rip the Giants, who look like they're about to choke away the playoff this year after being 8-5

I remember another 8-5 team he ripped relentlessly for not making the playoffs

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

THIS WRITER AGREES WITH SAR ( sort of )

=If you follow my columns at all youll recall that I think Rex Ryan is a defensive coordinator masquerading as a head coach. The Ground-And-Pound ethos is an archaic bunch of garbage that no title-winner in the past 10 years has subscribed to. The league is different these days, and there is no place at the summit of an NFL sideline for a guy who has no feel for modern offense. Your defense better be the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens in order to win with a middling offense. We know the Jets defense is good but its nowhere near all-time good.

And after all that, I accept and am okay with Ryan being back next season as head coach. If I were running the team he would be gone, but Im not going to act like hes Rich Kotite or something. The Jets have made deep playoff runs under his lead (although I think the case can be made that he took over Eric Manginis teams and the more and more hes gotten his handprints on this franchise, its gotten worse).

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I love how these Daily News douche' write an article standing behind the previous story on the same day that Cimini writes an article saying that Rex was joking when he said what Mehta reported. So Myers and Mehta ran with a story that was complete BS, yet still stand behind it? These clowns should be run out of town.
    When John Riggens played for the Jets in the 70's he said the Fins played with the enthusiasm of a HS team.. You know what the press wrote?? Riggens says Miami no better then a HS team.. He boycotted the media after that..