Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schottenheimer Being Talked Up as HC Candidate

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Schottenheimer Being Talked Up as HC Candidate

I guess Brian Schittenheimer didn't torpedo his career after all as he is supposedly being considdered as a candidate to replace Romeo Crennel as head coach in Kansas City. This article discusses all the coaches expected to be fired with their possible replacments, and while others get mentioned multiple times for different teams (Bruce Arians, Jim Caldwell, John and Jay Gruden, Hue Jackson) Brian only gets mentioned once.

2. Kansas City Chiefs Romeo Crennel deserves a medal for what he has been through this season, particularly the murder-suicide involving Jovan Belcher. Sadly, his work as head coach fell far short of acceptable.
    Possible replacements Bruce Arians, Jim Caldwell, Ray Horton (Cardinals defensive coordinator), Jay Gruden (Bengals offensive coordinator), Kyle Shanahan (Redskins offensive coordinator), Brian Schottenheimer (Rams offensive coordinator).
    Given how many HC's will probably be fired and who is available as replacements as well as the talk that is coming out, I think it is highly unlikely that Rex will be fired and even if he is or will be in the future his career as a HC is far from over.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--fi...211123019.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That hysterical moment when Woody Johnson fires Rex Ryan only to bring back Brian Schottenheimer as Jets Head Coach ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as it's not here...fine

AnAFC team like KC is nice because i t would insure them being out of contention

I'm hoping for Buffalo and two guaranteed division wins a season

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Shottenheimer surrounds himself with good assistants and he keeps his hands off the play-calling, he actually might be a good HC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is probably a low-level candidate. I don't think he would be anyone's top choice.

Sparano was actually worse. Maybe Schotty does suck as much as we thought and we hired the only person that could be worse. Or maybe Schotty was vindicated on some level.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He is probably a low-level candidate. I don't think he would be anyone's top choice.
    Probably not but given how many vacancies it appears there will be and the same candidates being talked about for all of them, they might not have their pick of top choices

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    That hysterical moment when Woody Johnson fires Rex Ryan only to bring back Brian Schottenheimer as Jets Head Coach ...
    Actually, just the kind of thing that Woody might do. We know Woody liked Schotty and seriously considered him for HC when Mangini left.

I can see it now...Schotty returns as HC, Clinkscales returns as GM, and Woody pats himself on the back for a job well done.

I actually believe Schotty has the qualities to be a good HC - probably better than he is as an OC.

Still, don't want to see him get his on the job training as HC with the Jets.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that Schotty was able to do what he did with the Jets makes him look like Vince Lombardi. It's obvious Schotty was not the problem here. It was the fact we have one of the 2-3 worst QB's in the league. Teams realize you can't look at his career with NY. The best of the best would've failed here. Right now coaching for the Jets could be thought of as career suicide.

One thing is for sure. Schotty has a damn good chance to be a real good HC in this league. And most likely he will and us Fans will kick oursleves in the ass for years. Schotty found a way to get 32 TD's out of a turn over machine last year and was also hamstrung with Rex's ground and pound style. He should be looked at as a genious.

The cycle continues!
    Last edited by LockeJET; 12-29-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Probably not but given how many vacancies it appears there will be and the same candidates being talked about for all of them, they might not have their pick of top choices
    I agree.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schotty's Rams have a winning record this year- the teams he's been a coach on have a better record than those with Sparano on the staff.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure FOs around the league are looking at Sanchez and Sporano this year and thinking "My God! Brain must have been a boss to get Mark into to AFCCGs!"

Which... is sort of a curious point.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess Brian Schittenheimer didn't torpedo his career after all as he is supposedly being considdered as a candidate to replace Romeo Crennel as head coach in Kansas City. This article discusses all the coaches expected to be fired with their possible replacments, and while others get mentioned multiple times for different teams (Bruce Arians, Jim Caldwell, John and Jay Gruden, Hue Jackson) Brian only gets mentioned once.

Given how many HC's will probably be fired and who is available as replacements as well as the talk that is coming out, I think it is highly unlikely that Rex will be fired and even if he is or will be in the future his career as a HC is far from over.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--fi...211123019.html
    What a joke he is garbage. If he is hired we off the books for paying him?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I'm sure FOs around the league are looking at Sanchez and Sporano this year and thinking "My God! Brain must have been a boss to get Mark into to AFCCGs!"

Which... is sort of a curious point.
    Schotty's teams had actual talent on them. This team is absolutely devoid of it, and you could start to see the decline of it last year - when Schotty 'didn't do so well' after the years of having solid teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Schotty's Rams have a winning record this year- the teams he's been a coach on have a better record than those with Sparano on the staff.
    Let's bring Schotty back then!

You can't evaluate Sparano vs Schotty, the talent this year has been abysmal, I don't know who could have eked something better out of it.

And, Bradford is a legitimate QB, they should be doing much better.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's bring Schotty back then!

You can't evaluate Sparano vs Schotty, the talent this year has been abysmal, I don't know who could have eked something better out of it.

And, Bradford is a legitimate QB, they should be doing much better.
    They were one of the worst teams in the league last yr,up graded very little talent wise and are around 500. It might not be great,but it is not too bad either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Not unless they beat the Seahawks on Sunday.. If not they will be 7-8-1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If Shottenheimer surrounds himself with good assistants and he keeps his hands off the play-calling, he actually might be a good HC.
    I actually think he could be a better HC then OC...supposedly he always did a great job with the game plan, its just that his play design and ability to adapt in-game was poor. That stuff would be handled by whoever he selects as OC.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    never say never that would also open the door for daddy schottenheimer to be the gm.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I actually think he could be a better HC then OC...supposedly he always did a great job with the game plan, its just that his play design and ability to adapt in-game was poor. That stuff would be handled by whoever he selects as OC.
    I'll be interested to see if this happens. I wouldn't be shocked if it did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have said it a dozen times Schotty will be a better HC than an OC watch!!!!