Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schottenheimer Being Talked Up as HC Candidate

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I have said it a dozen times Schotty will be a better HC than an OC watch!!!!
    I agree with this...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Marty....

Not Brian you dolts (ha ha)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember a young up and coming OC who lost his play calling duties because the well Known Future HOF HC didn't like what was happening with his team offensively. Today, that former up and coming OC is 1 of the most respected HCs in the league with 1 of the highest scoring record setting offenses in pro football.

I said all that to say this. Brian Schottenheimer was never allowed to run the offense he prefers due to a myriad of reasons. When this man became OC of the Jets,Chad pennington was his QB coming back from off season surgery and the offense was special. Since that time, the only QB to spend any time working continuously under this Man was Mark Sanchez. Brett Favre came to the jets at the end of training camp just before the start of the regular season and Kellen Clemens was always the other guy who got reps when the starter needed rest. How can u develop a QB when everytime u give him more to do and he fails, you are forced by your HC to dummy down the offense.

I wish the Jets would fire that Fraud Rex Ryan and give the Job to schotty. Atleast if he fails, he will fail doing it his way. For all the talk about Rex Ryan's prowers as a DC, it shoild be pointed out that Donnie Henderson for the short time he was with the Jets had his miserable Defense playing at a higher level than Rex Ryan Jet defense . 1 thing i remember about Henderson's defense. It didn't give up points or very many points in the 2nd half of games, and or at the end of the 1st half.

By the way, didn't Henderson come from the Ravens.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't Fassel take away his play calling duties with the Giants too?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Didn't Fassel take away his play calling duties with the Giants too?
    I think ole Jim just fired him at the end of the season. But i could be wrong.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I remember a young up and coming OC who lost his play calling duties because the well Known Future HOF HC didn't like what was happening with his team offensively. Today, that former up and coming OC is 1 of the most respected HCs in the league with 1 of the highest scoring record setting offenses in pro football.

I said all that to say this. Brian Schottenheimer was never allowed to run the offense he prefers due to a myriad of reasons. When this man became OC of the Jets,Chad pennington was his QB coming back from off season surgery and the offense was special. Since that time, the only QB to spend any time working continuously under this Man was Mark Sanchez. Brett Favre came to the jets at the end of training camp just before the start of the regular season and Kellen Clemens was always the other guy who got reps when the starter needed rest. How can u develop a QB when everytime u give him more to do and he fails, you are forced by your HC to dummy down the offense.

I wish the Jets would fire that Fraud Rex Ryan and give the Job to schotty. Atleast if he fails, he will fail doing it his way. For all the talk about Rex Ryan's prowers as a DC, it shoild be pointed out that Donnie Henderson for the short time he was with the Jets had his miserable Defense playing at a higher level than Rex Ryan Jet defense . 1 thing i remember about Henderson's defense. It didn't give up points or very many points in the 2nd half of games, and or at the end of the 1st half.

By the way, didn't Henderson come from the Ravens.
    Wait, you "wish" they give the job to Shotty, as in he's your top choice?

Really? He's the guy on the top of your list? Did you actually type those letters?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interviewing Shotty would just mean they already know who they want. They are just calling jack guys because they have to by league rules.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    While we're on the demote and rehire some old retread kick with Tanny and clinkscales, why not demote Rex and hire Shotty to be the HC. Makes just as much sense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Wait, you "wish" they give the job to Shotty, as in he's your top choice?

Really? He's the guy on the top of your list? Did you actually type those letters?

No, You did and since you did let me congratulate u on a wonderful choice. B Shott knows the team, knows the QB and won't have to placate Rex with the play calling.

Great choice man, i concur.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I guess Brian Schittenheimer didn't torpedo his career after all as he is supposedly being considdered as a candidate to replace Romeo Crennel as head coach in Kansas City. This article discusses all the coaches expected to be fired with their possible replacments, and while others get mentioned multiple times for different teams (Bruce Arians, Jim Caldwell, John and Jay Gruden, Hue Jackson) Brian only gets mentioned once.

Given how many HC's will probably be fired and who is available as replacements as well as the talk that is coming out, I think it is highly unlikely that Rex will be fired and even if he is or will be in the future his career as a HC is far from over.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--fi...211123019.html

i hopr he wants suckchez when he gets hc job

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as that selfish useless quitting turd Teblow is out the f ing door first thing Monday morning the FIRST and MOST IMPORTANT step in fixing the QB problems will have been taken

GTFO Timmy and take your flock of halfwitted groupies with you

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    As long as that selfish useless quitting turd Teblow is out the f ing door first thing Monday morning the FIRST and MOST IMPORTANT step in fixing the QB problems will have been taken

what did that dude ever do to u.

Your pain runs deep brother, i hope it leaves when brother Tim is gone..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If Shottenheimer surrounds himself with good assistants and he keeps his hands off the play-calling, he actually might be a good HC.
    This very thing came to mind when I saw this thread, I'm shocked you posted it, but I agree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Schottenheimer sucks. Watch the games this year the Rams won with their D and lucky plays. We blew him up when we faced him this year and he will FAIL as a HC.

Kansas City gave Matt Cassell a huge deal. Think they're good evaluators of talent?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL yes; I never wanted him and it'll be such a relief when he and Jesus's Gators are gone. However, I won't be happy if Sanchez is the opening day starter next year- his regression this year is shocking and it's too late to reverse the damage- I wonder if trading for Timmy after giving Sanchez that huge extension messed up Mark's psyche.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    That hysterical moment when Woody Johnson fires Rex Ryan only to bring back Brian Schottenheimer as Jets Head Coach ...
    Same ole jetsies

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since he sucked with us, Shotty is guaranteed to become a legendary Super Bowl winning coach

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    No, You did and since you did let me congratulate u on a wonderful choice. B Shott knows the team, knows the QB and won't have to placate Rex with the play calling.

Great choice man, i concur.
    Again,

You're off your rocker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy reading comprehenshun Batman! I know I used a lot of compound and complex sentences with a lot punctuation but seriously man!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    schotty for hc
    sparno oc
    sutton dc
    suckchez qb
    greene rb

making the fullback dive the most important play in football again...........priceless.