Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most likely GM candidate

Yes lets get the man responisble for Gholston and Sanchez to be the new GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Joey Clinkscales

He was the Vice President of scouting for the Jets for many years before going to Oakland to become the Director of player personnel this past off-season. Even though he is not a big name he is what we all desire, a GM with real talent evaluation skills. He is also a good fit for Woody b/c more then likely he would be willing to still have Tannenbaum in the Jets FO b/c they have worked together in the past and he would also more then likely be willing to keep Rex for at least another year while restructuring the offensive assistants. If Woody truly wants to just demote Tanny and keep Rex for next year I think that Clinkscales is most likely the top candidate.
    +1. Works for me.

Maybe its Jerry Reese Redux.

I want the guy that found arian foster to be the GM of the jets. somebody from the houston FO deserves a promotion

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I want the guy that found arian foster to be the GM of the jets. somebody from the houston FO deserves a promotion
    now this is a smart man...clinkscales...i laughed so hard...if he was so valuable, we wouldn't have let him walk out the door. Other than Dick Haley, nobody has really been able to evaluate talent for the Jets. I want somebody from Houston, Baltimore, Pittsburgh or Green Bay.

All Pro
    The best man for this Job is Marty Schottenheimer.

Bring the schottenheimers to NY , the whole clan.

Marty - GM

Brian - HC

Kirt - ST

Donnie Henderson - DC

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Joey Clinkscales

He was the Vice President of scouting for the Jets for many years before going to Oakland to become the Director of player personnel this past off-season. Even though he is not a big name he is what we all desire, a GM with real talent evaluation skills. He is also a good fit for Woody b/c more then likely he would be willing to still have Tannenbaum in the Jets FO b/c they have worked together in the past and he would also more then likely be willing to keep Rex for at least another year while restructuring the offensive assistants. If Woody truly wants to just demote Tanny and keep Rex for next year I think that Clinkscales is most likely the top candidate.
    OMG please not him. He is just as responsible for this mess as Tanny.

I was born with an open mind and am willing to listen to any compelling argument as to why someone should be the next person in line to be the GM of the Jets.

Please, someone make a reasonable case as to why the talent picker of the Raiders would be a good choice for my team. I'm not one to make changes for the sake of change. Please convince me what this man has done with the Raiders to get me excited. Unless I'm mistaken the Raiders have screwed up trades (Carson Palmer for a King's ransom) and haven't been exceptional in picking talent draft wise.

Please, someone, tell me why this man would be an upgrade from what we already have and I'm all ears.

Tell me why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The best man for this Job is Marty Schottenheimer.

Bring the schottenheimers to NY , the whole clan.

Marty - GM

Brian - HC

Kirt - ST

Donnie Henderson - DC
    you kidding?

Jets Insider VIP
    Bring back R_____ K_____ as the new Combo GM/HC of the NYJ..

Its perfect really since as all Jet fans recall...according to official Jet history he's never really left. There was no announcement of his firing; instead he made his own departure announcement saying he was stepping down and would always be a part of "the Jet family". Since he probably still has an office in the Jet family wing of the basement in Florham Park what better move can be made in this time of turmoil than allowing him to take the elevator up to the ground floor and restoring the Jets to those glory days of 1995 and 1996

He even fulfills the SAR I requirement of possessing prior NFL coaching experience.

It's perfect Woody

SIGN THIS BEAST

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    you kidding?
    yes,

But only about Donnie Henderson, Maybe.

I love the reaction from SOJF

If the jets don't hire the name guy, from the name organization, it's a complete failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Yes lets get the man responisble for Gholston and Sanchez to be the new GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Right, the same guy responsible for Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I love the reaction from SOJF

If the jets don't hire the name guy, from the name organization, it's a complete failure.

Don't you ever tire of maintaining this fantasy world in which the Jets always make the right decisions and can never be questioned?

It must be exhausting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Right, the same guy responsible for Revis.

Clinkscales didn't start overseeing the college scouting department until 2008. Which was obviously after Revis.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Hiring Clinkscales essentially leaves everything as is. Clinkscales was with the Jets until prior to last season when he left for Oakland. So basically if Woody hires Clinkscales as GM, and re-assigns Tannenbaum, he has the exact same organization he's always had except the titles have changed.
    Except now the man making the final decision on players is a veteran player evaluator/scout instead of a numbers cruncher. Tanny will be the writing up contracts and handling the cap while Clinkscales just finds the players Rex needs and the new OC will need for the offense. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do but if they're trying to demote Tanny and Rex then this is the guy who will most likely feel comfortable with both of those things. That's why I think he is most likely to be the next GM.

All League
    I think this move sucks and it really doesn't have anything to do with Clinkscales.

First, this move does nothing to change the circus culture of the organization but instead accepts it.

What this also tells me is that the only reason any move is being done is to placate the media and fans. Woody is making a change that really isn't changing anything. In the end he can say we hired the most qualified but in reality we all know that the qualified candidates are going to go to KC, Jax, possibly AZ and Cle because none of their current FO or CS are being forced on the new GM.

SOJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Don't you ever tire of maintaining this fantasy world in which the Jets always make the right decisions and can never be questioned?

It must be exhausting.
    So you are actually arguing and throwing the overplayed "homer" card on a move that hasn't been made yet?

Don't you ever tire of being a confrontational jackass?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Clinkscales didn't start overseeing the college scouting department until 2008. Which was obviously after Revis.
    LOL

Clinkscales has been with the Jets in various capacities for 17 seasons. For the last four years he has overseen the college scouting department.
    Poor Jordy

Jets Insider VIP
    So you are actually arguing and throwing the overplayed "homer" card on a move that hasn't been made yet?

Don't you ever tire of being a confrontational jackass?
    If you weren't being a homer on everything, even moves that haven't been made yet, I wouldn't have said that. But you were. So I did.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

Poor Jordy
    Good job Ray Ray. You just verified what I said.