Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Tannenbaum finished as Jets GM

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    What I don't understand is what side of the fence you sit on from day to day.

First, you vote to retain Rex and Tanny.

Then, you're on the fire Tanny bandwagon.

Now, you're defending Tanny again.

I understand. It's tough being a Jets fan and going 44 years without a trip to the Super Bowl and watching our neighbors win two in 5 years. That can make anyone a little confused.
    Reread my PM and consider it my response every time to anything you.post

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I'll do better than that. I'll post it as part of my signature.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    So does that mean its not necessary to reply to anymore posts from Jordy? If only Ray Ray would follow suit

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So does that mean its not necessary to reply to anymore posts from Jordy? If only Ray Ray would follow suit
    Not for nothing, there's a few things I said that upset you during the off-season that you now agree with me about.

Bottom line is, we all want this team to win. But it's hard to sit back and accept regression when you've witnessed it for so many years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll do better than that. I'll post it as part of my signature.
    You have achieved provocateur 1st class .. Your the poor mans SAR I..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You have achieved provocateur 1st class .. Your the poor mans SAR I..
    But much better looking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Yes, In a 32 team league, consecutive title games are achieved all the time, especially by the Jets.

Get off my tip, creep. Nobody cares about your parties in the closet.
    You have a crappy habit/compulsion of taking what others say and misunderstanding it due to your own hangups and now you're stalking me too.

Of course the meaning is lost to miserable, insufferable, hyperbolic SOJFs, but I was only responding to the "extremely sub-par" description of Tannenbaum as opposed to truly extremely sub-par NFL organizations of today like BUF who have now missed the playoffs for over a decade, who once upon a time did make it to 4 SBs in a row.

Are the Jets disappointing, of course. Changes necessary? Absolutely.
    But reaching two title games in a row is something even the vaunted Parcells couldnt do and considering it was with the raw Sanchez shouldn't be discounted or so easily dismissed.
    You seem to fail to understand that neither one of those teams was a dominant force ... Nothing at all like NE, Houston, NO or GB. We squeeked in and made the best out of our mediocre roster. Our defense NEVER reached Baltimore level.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 12-30-2012 at 12:09 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was hoping to come across an intelligent discussion on the subject. Guess I'll go elsewhere.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    You seem to fail to understand that neither one of those teams was a dominant force ... Nothing at all like NE, Houston, NO or GB. We squeeked in and made the best out of our mediocre roster. Our defense NEVER reached Baltimore level.
    We had the #1 defense in '09 and top 5 the next, go away

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had the #1 defense in '09 and top 5 the next, go away
    a rating (correct me if I am wrong) based on yards allowed...Not points allowed or turnovers or stopping teams with a lead with 2 minutes to go....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. I finally got your attention.

Did you ever respond to my post exposing your idiotic list of "core" players brought in by Rex Ryan?

All you did was wear the two AFCCG badge like all of the pom pom waving homers on this board do. Who cares. That's history and 3 years ago. What have you done for me lately. No one remembers who lost the CG except for fans like you who keep bringing it up as some sort of major accomplishment.
    No, I really dont pay attention to people who confuse Woody's granduncle's maid with his sister on the Forbes billyunaires list

I wrote within after you mentioned "Mangini's core talent base"

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=252456

In 09 the Jets added Greene, Edwards, Sheppard, Scott, Sanchez, Woodhead, Hartsock, Mulligan, Douglas, Weatherford, Strickland, Cole and Leonhard...at least 5 of these were crucial core players in 09 and 10 that I can't seem to find in Mangini's rosters anywhere

I see now, you wrote back

Interesting that out of those 13 "core" players as you call them, only 3 are still here 3 years later and have been with the team since they were acquired.

That tells me that they were more complimentary. Added pieces. And now 3 years later, the majority of them are gone and have been replaced with parts and pieces. By the way, LOL @ Mulligan and Woodhead was brought in during Mangini's tenure.

Only thing is I never said 13, I said 5.

And if you dont understand that those 5 are Sanchez, Greene, Scott, Edwards and Leonhard WTF kind of fan are you?
    The QB, #1 WR, #1 LB, #1 RB, the S who is the QB of the D...not core players?

And you blathered on with a list of "core" Mangini players some who predated Mangini like Pouha Ellis and B. Thomas.

Furthermore Woodhead and Mulligan never saw the field for Mangini.
    Woodhead was signed injured and waived a few times before playing for Ryan.
    Mulligan was claimed off off waivers from the Titans in September '09.

Ultimately, just another thread polluted with a fine example of you inserting some erroneous crap, twisting things to suit yourself, a joke to be sure but fitting right in with the other SOJF misérables - anyone who doesnt agree with that crew is a "homer".
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 12-30-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    #Jets have hired Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry - international, exec search firm - to lead their search for new GM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    #Jets have hired Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry - international, exec search firm - to lead their search for new GM.
    Jed Hughes Joins Korn/Ferry as Global Head of Sports Practice

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --*What do Mark Murphy , CEO of the Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers and Coach Brady Hoke of the Sugar Bowl champion Michigan Wolverines have in common?*
    Both were placed in their organizations by Jed Hughes , the world of sport's pioneer of senior-level search and organizational assessment.* Korn/Ferry International (NYSE: KFY), a premier global provider of talent management solutions, today announced that Mr. Hughes has joined the Firm as Global Sector Head of the Sports Practice.* He will be based in the Firm's New York office.*
    The evolving landscape and economic pressures within the world of intercollegiate and professional sports have elevated the importance of hiring the right leaders to make the right decisions impacting their organizations.* Millions of dollars are at stake and the consequences have never been more critical – from cash-strapped intercollegiate environments to professional sports organizations, each trying to increase profitability and stimulate their fan base.
    "Professional sports is a complex business that co-mingles entertainment, retail, consumer goods, technology and new media. *Choosing the right leadership is critical to success," said Bob Damon , Korn/Ferry International president of North America.* "Jed has a long and distinguished career as the leading consultant in professional sports and intercollegiate athletics.* His relationships are extensive and his knowledge of the critical trends and leadership issues impacting the world of sports is unparalleled."
    Mr. Hughes joins Korn/Ferry from Spencer Stuart , where he led the Sports Practice for over 12 years and served as a core member of the Board and CEO Practice.* Among his high profile placements are Mark Murphy , CEO of the Green Bay Packers; Larry Scott , Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference; and Brady Hoke , who last week restored football glory to the University of Michigan by guiding the Wolverines to a Sugar Bowl victory.* Other premier sports organizations that Jed has conducted searches for include the United States Olympic Committee, Ladies Professional Golf Association, PGA of America, Seattle Seahawks, Cleveland Browns , Arsenal Football Club, Liverpool Football Club, Ohio State University, ATP Tour, and Women's Tennis Association.*
    Mr. Hughes also has a proven track record of success outside the sports world, having recruited board directors and CEOs within private equity, consumer and industrial organizations, including, Solectron, Stride Rite, Westpoint Stevens, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, U.S. Steel Corporation, and PNC Bank.
    Earlier in his career Mr. Hughes coached for two decades in professional and intercollegiate football where he served under five Hall of Fame coaches - Bo Schembechler (University of Michigan), Chuck Noll (Pittsburgh Steelers), Bud Grant (Minnesota Vikings), John Ralston (Stanford University) and Terry Donahue (UCLA).*
    After his coaching career, Mr. Hughes had a stint with Walter V. Clark , a behavioral assessment company where he led the development of psychological testing and assessments for organizations that included Super Bowl champions San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers. *He also coached some of the top business executives at General Electric, R.R. Donnelly , H.J. Heinz , and PNC Bank in leadership.
    Mr. Hughes holds an M.A. from Stanford University, and a Ph.D. from the University of Michigan with a focus on organizational behavior.* He is the author of Succession Planning – The Retail Black Hole, An Old Game with New Challenges - Leadership at a Crossroads in Intercollegiate Sports, and Survival in the Sports Entertainment Business: The New Darwinism?

PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1rzR3)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

And if you dont understand that those 5 are Sanchez, Greene, Scott, Edwards and Leonhard WTF kind of fan are you?

And you blathered on with a list of "core" Mangini players some who predated Mangini like Pouha Ellis and B. Thomas.

Ultimately, just another thread polluted with a fine example of you inserting some erroneous crap, twisting things to suit yourself, a joke to be sure but fitting right in with the other SOJF misérables - anyone who doesnt agree with that crew is a "homer".
    Did I say that Mangini brought in Ellis, Pouha and Thomas? I believe I said that they were core players that were there when Ryan took over.

And you probably shouldn't even mention Woodhead and Mulligan (not to mention the other scrubs you gave Ryan credit for either). One (Woodhead) barely played and the other (Mulligan) made so many stupid mistakes on the field and arguably cost the team games, that giving "credit" to Ryan for adding him makes you look more foolish.

No one suggested that every player on the team when Ryan took over was Mangini's. But Mangini coached all of them and developed many of them before Ryan took over. The 5 "core" players you mention were important members of course. But anyone who is one of the 22 starters is important. Unless there was a solid core foundation already in place (Revis, Jenkins, Ellis, DeVito, Harris, Thomas, Pace, Pouha, Richardson, Keller, T. Jones, Cotchery, Ferguson, Mangold, Moore, Woody, Feely) do you really think the addition of Scott, Leonhard, Greene (who didn't start in 2009), Edwards and Sanchez would have gotten to the AFCCG? Can you honestly say that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    You're probably right, but one can only sit here and take so much from the #######!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-30-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I really dont pay attention to people who confuse Woody's granduncle's maid with his sister on the Forbes billyunaires list

I wrote within after you mentioned "Mangini's core talent base"

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=252456

In 09 the Jets added Greene, Edwards, Sheppard, Scott, Sanchez, Woodhead, Hartsock, Mulligan, Douglas, Weatherford, Strickland, Cole and Leonhard...at least 5 of these were crucial core players in 09 and 10 that I can't seem to find in Mangini's rosters anywhere

I see now, you wrote back

Interesting that out of those 13 "core" players as you call them, only 3 are still here 3 years later and have been with the team since they were acquired.

That tells me that they were more complimentary. Added pieces. And now 3 years later, the majority of them are gone and have been replaced with parts and pieces. By the way, LOL @ Mulligan and Woodhead was brought in during Mangini's tenure.

Only thing is I never said 13, I said 5.

Jordy just got OWNED!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Maid? LOL. I don't follow the Johnson lineage but the 5 Johnson billionaires are related to their less wealthy kin Woody somehow.

Winnie Johnson Marquart
    Helen Johnson Leipold
    Imogene Powers Johnson
    H. Fisk Johnson
    S. Curtis Johnson

Sorry for thinking that one of those smart individuals who still have their net worth around $2.5B is Woody's sister.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Jordy just got OWNED!!!!
    Don't confuse a lot of words with getting owned Rah Rah.

You of all people should know that size doesn't matter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maid? LOL. I don't follow the Johnson lineage but the 5 Johnson billionaires are related to their less wealthy kin Woody somehow.

Winnie Johnson Marquart
    Helen Johnson Leipold
    Imogene Powers Johnson
    H. Fisk Johnson
    S. Curtis Johnson

Sorry for thinking that one of those smart individuals who still have their net worth around $2.5B is Woody's sister.
    Not exactly. They're the unrelated SC Johnson family (Windex, Glade, Raid)

I'm not sure whether I should spray some Glade or Raid on your stinky, pesty posts

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not exactly. They're the unrelated SC Johnson family (Windex, Glade, Raid)

I'm not sure whether I should spray some Glade or Raid on your stinky, pesty posts
    LOL. I could care less about families and billionaires. Fact is, Woody hasn't proven anything from a business point of view. He inherited a ****-ton of money and bought himself a new shiny toy and doesn't have the first clue how to play with it.