Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Tannenbaum finished as Jets GM

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Tannenbaum sucks, the lack of talent on this team is shocking when you look at the elite teams like SF, Houston, Baltimore, etc.

And he certainly shouldn't be retained as a cap guy, just a stupid idea. Woody needs to stop being scared of change, there's lots of smart talented people out there who can do what Tannenbaum would be doing.
    Absolutely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Tannenbaum sucks, the lack of talent on this team is shocking when you look at the elite teams like SF, Houston, Baltimore, etc.

And he certainly shouldn't be retained as a cap guy, just a stupid idea. Woody needs to stop being scared of change, there's lots of smart talented people out there who can do what Tannenbaum would be doing.
    We had lots of very good players but they got old, injured, or refused to get up for games. Examples that had an impact: Revis, Holmes,Keller, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, LT (retiring, Greene etc

By getting a new OC players had to learn a new system by a coach that is a bull in a china closet.

Tebow is on Johnson or Tannenbaum? I'm not sure it wasn't to sell PSLs.

The Jets suck but I don't think it is all on Tanny. It's a lot of cluster F..ing

Sanchez is broke but it wasn't that he was a bad pick as he wasn't surrounded with protection and receivers. Getting rid of Braylon and giving Holmes a blank check was Tannys biggest mistake IMO; the rest is debatable as a shared decision.

Tannenbaum should be fired and kicked out of the building for the Sanchez extention

that alone is a fireable move.

and how can anyone call him an expert cap guy? he ****ed up almost all the contracts he did in the last few years

he is a terrible GM and a bad cap guy, whats the point of him? to catch punts on Hard Knocks?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    We had lots of very good players but they got old, injured, or refused to get up for games. Examples that had an impact: Revis, Holmes,Keller, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, LT (retiring, Greene etc

By getting a new OC players had to learn a new system by a coach that is a bull in a china closet.

The Jets suck but I don't think it is all on Tanny. It's a lot of cluster F..ing

Sanchez is broke but it wasn't that he was a bad pick as he wasn't surrounded with protection and receivers. Getting rid of Braylon and giving Holmes a blank check was Tannys biggest mistake IMO; the rest is debatable as a shared decision.
    I'm waiting for the punch line. BTW revis was a mangini pick.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post

sanchez was his worst decision by far, including gholston. his own coach told him to stay at USC for another year bc he wasnt ready. lo and behold he wasnt ready. tannenbaum should not have drafted a QB with just 1 year college experience, and in that experience, surrounded by elite talent.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The thing with Tanny staying is this:

We really need to give our new GM total control. If we're getting a new guy to run this organization (I use that term loosely,) he should make all decisions including whether or not Tannenbaum and Bradway stay.

Jets Insider VIP
    Someone brought this up earlier today.

If you believe that Woody was behind the Tebow trade and was the driving force, despite his denials to the contrary, then perhaps retaining Tannenbaum is in part a way to keep that fact from being revealed, which would certainy happen if Tannenbaum was fired outright and was no longer associated with the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    I'm waiting for the punch line. BTW revis was a mangini pick.
    No punch line. Just a lot of stuff has happened including Revis' injury. Rex had them playing inspite of it all. A GM makes bad picks and choices but all the injuries are just bad luck. Aging players need to be replaced.

Imagine if we had RG3 or Luck next year. One QB can make a difference.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    sanchez was his worst decision by far, including gholston. his own coach told him to stay at USC for another year bc he wasnt ready. lo and behold he wasnt ready. tannenbaum should not have drafted a QB with just 1 year college experience, and in that experience, surrounded by elite talent.
    In hindsight yes. At the time we thought Sanchez was the next Joe Montana.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Bad business according to who?

We don't know what Bradway's role will be after the new GM is hired. We still don't even know what Mike T's new role, but it's obvious it will be in the area of contracts and salaray cap management.

And you are 100% wrong on your statement about how this doesn't happen in the corporate world. I don't know where you work, but I work in the corporate arena for a major investment firm, and this is done ALL the time. Though, I wouldn't at all equate the two scenarios, I don't think we can compare the corporate world with the NFL at all.
    Ray Ray you are obviously completely unfamiliar with organizational dynamics. Get a book, read up on the subject.
    And yes, not only is the NFL comparable to the corporate world, it is the corporate world. All the same rules apply.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

And you are 100% wrong on your statement about how this doesn't happen in the corporate world. I don't know where you work, but I work in the corporate arena for a major investment firm, and this is done ALL the time. Though, I wouldn't at all equate the two scenarios, I don't think we can compare the corporate world with the NFL at all.
    How did I miss this erroneous post?

First of all, you are the one who is wrong in saying you can't compare the corporate world with the NFL. You can't be serious.

Secondly, I can't believe someone with your narrow-mindedness and temperment is in any way responsible for other people's money. That's ****ing scary. I hope you're like the guy who runs for coffee or something.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What a gutless asinine move by keeping him the organization. Two former GMs still in the organization. It is laughable that this organization thinks its a good idea to keep reassigning guys instead of firing them.
    He just moved in our neighborhood, how else is he gonna pay his mortgage?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And all you ever do is make excuses for this team and come up with poor analogies in defending the decisions of what is one of the most dysfunctional franchises in sports. Tit for tat.
    All you ever do is b!tch and whine. Tit for tat

I hope this is true. I still think that Mike Tannenbaum can serve this organization in another role. He's a good guy. He's just not a football guy.

But I'm certainly not about to blame Woody for giving Tanny a try. At the time, Tanny deserved the promotion. And for a while, he was shooting aces with guys like Brick, Nick, Harris, and Revis.

I still think Tanny deserved one more season, but I can see why Woody has done what he's done.

Now, what I hope for is that Rex Ryan continues as the HC. He's a very good HC and he very clearly deserves more time as HC. The players like him and their glowing endorsement is likely what is keeping him around.

He'll need to show progress with the team in 2013. I'm thinking at least 10 wins and the playoffs depending on what the new GM can pull off for the draft and through FA.

But they also need to dismiss Tony Sparano. He's clearly not the guy for OC. He lacks imagination in his playcalling. He also did absolutely nothing to help out Sanchez. Not sure Sanchez can be helped, I think he's finished, but I was rather surprised at how quickly he went down this season. That failure falls directly on Sparano's shoulders.

I also really hope the Jets hire Joey Clinkscales to be the new GM. He was always an asset for us when he was here, and I anticipate he'd be a great GM, given his resume in talent evaluation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    All you ever do is b!tch and whine. Tit for tat
    Oh the irony.

Nice deflection of the real salient portions of mine and others posts pointing to your analogies to MLB and even more so the fact you didn't even know the reason behind Tallon's demotion with the Hawks and the fact he was a good personnel guy who helped build that Stanley Cup team.

I wish I could talk to Tannenbaum face to face and ask him how he could be so stupid entrusting his career to Mark Sanchez. Mark plays awful last year and you then have the nerve to guarantee his contract for another 2 years simply because you couldn't look your owner in the eye and admit you made a colossal blunder in picking the Suckchez. Now you earned your demotion and you can thank Sanchez as you pass him by the hall while he smiles eating up that extra 8 mill you gave him for ruinning your career.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I wish I could talk to Tannenbaum face to face and ask him how he could be so stupid entrusting his career to Mark Sanchez. Mark plays awful last year and you then have the nerve to guarantee his contract for another 2 years simply because you couldn't look your owner in the eye and admit you made a colossal blunder in picking the Suckchez. Now you earned your demotion and you can thank Sanchez as you pass him by the hall while he smiles eating up that extra 8 mill you gave him for ruinning your career.
    Do you really think Sanchez is the only bad decision Tannenbaum has made in the last few years?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    +1

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    +1
    But you think he should be retained