Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Tannenbaum finished as Jets GM

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo
    Also in Carolina, there's more talk that interim GM Brandon Beane will get the full-time job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Like Bill Cowher said last week, the Jets are a completely dysfunctional organization.
    If Tanny still has a job, any job, within the NYJ organization after a new GM is hired there is no other way to look at it.

So Rex is gonna become GM/HC?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    No punch line. Just a lot of stuff has happened including Revis' injury. Rex had them playing inspite of it all. A GM makes bad picks and choices but all the injuries are just bad luck. Aging players need to be replaced.

Imagine if we had RG3 or Luck next year. One QB can make a difference.
    Imagine we drafted Gronk, Freeman, Rice......

See what I did there

Like Bill Cowher said last week, the Jets are a completely dysfunctional organization.
    Sad to say but the man with the square jaw who spits when he speaks is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    I'm waiting for the punch line. BTW revis was a mangini pick.
    Im confused, when was Mangini our GM?

I dont get the fact that people give mangini credit for the good picks and then say tannenbaum is an awful drafter. He doesnt get credit for wilkerson, kerley, or coples?

Vlad didnt work out for us and caused a big hole at RT but where else did he go wrong in the draft? Is there a player in the last 3 years that we passed on that became great? Javid Best and Jerry Hughes were drafted right after kyle wilson, how are they doing?

The FACT is coples, wilkerson, powell, and kerley are all excellent picks and would be contributing on any roster in the league. Kenrick ellis and Stephen Hill are excellent developmental prospects with high upside and demario davis, will be a deserved 2nd year starter as a 3rd round pick.

Not sure what else you guys wanted out of our drafts....typical jet fans that think we should get calvin johnson and von miller with every pick

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

I dont get the fact that people give mangini credit for the good picks and then say tannenbaum is an awful drafter. He doesnt get credit for wilkerson, kerley, or coples?

Vlad didnt work out for us and caused a big hole at RT but where else did he go wrong in the draft? Is there a player in the last 3 years that we passed on that became great? Javid Best and Jerry Hughes were drafted right after kyle wilson, how are they doing?

The FACT is coples, wilkerson, powell, and kerley are all excellent picks and would be contributing on any roster in the league. Kenrick ellis and Stephen Hill are excellent developmental prospects with high upside and demario davis, will be a deserved 2nd year starter as a 3rd round pick.

Not sure what else you guys wanted out of our drafts....typical jet fans that think we should get calvin johnson and von miller with every pick
    I think you make a good point. Some Jet fans want superstars from our 5th round picks. Bellicheat/Pioli have had some horrible drafts in the past but many look past it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Tannenbaum actually has a successful track record as a NFL GM. Woody set him up for failure this year demanding the Tebow trade.
    So he gets a pass on the abominable 2011 off-season (spare me the lock-out excuse, all teams were subjected to it) and the Sanchez extension?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

I agree. The issue with Tanny is that most people believe that he isnt as involved with the player evaluations as some other GMs are, so people want to credit the good picks to the coaches that may have input and not Tanny. The flip side to that is IF you are not going to credit him with the good, then you can not kill him for the bad.

My issue with Tanny is that if he isnt that involved with player evaluations and defers to his coaches too much, then I do not think there is much value in keeping him in any capacity with the organization. His cap "prowess" is way over rated IMO and if Woody decides to replace him then he should be shown the door and removed from the organization.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    i have a foot with Tannenbaum's ass written all over it
    Love the idle threats of SOJFs...

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Tannenbaum actually has a successful track record as a NFL GM. Woody set him up for failure this year demanding the Tebow trade.
    You might have a point if it were true, but by almost all accounts, other than this board.

It WASN'T Woody that wanted Tebow but was Tanny and Rex.

It made for a fun story to blame the owner but that has been proven wrong by multiple internal sources.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I agree. The issue with Tanny is that most people believe that he isnt as involved with the player evaluations as some other GMs are, so people want to credit the good picks to the coaches that may have input and not Tanny. The flip side to that is IF you are not going to credit him with the good, then you can not kill him for the bad.

My issue with Tanny is that if he isnt that involved with player evaluations and defers to his coaches too much, then I do not think there is much value in keeping him in any capacity with the organization. His cap "prowess" is way over rated IMO and if Woody decides to replace him then he should be shown the door and removed from the organization.
    I think Rex has had more say than Tanny in the Draft. Thats just my opinion based on Rex's comments.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Woody needs to be a bigger *******. If the quality of his Q-Tips drops does he reaasign the Q-tip guy to baby oil or does he can him.
    Too bad Woody hasn't had anything to do with J&J since about 1965....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Despite this season, Tannenbaum's full circle of work has been extremely sub-par. If there needs to be a fall guy for this team's demise, he deserves to be first on the list.
    Not making the playoffs for years and years like Buffalo or the 70s Jets is "extremely" sub-par.

Like it or not, making it to the final 4 two years running puts paid to the "sub-par" label.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Not making the playoffs for years and years like Buffalo or the 70s Jets is "extremely" sub-par.

Like it or not, making it to the final 4 two years running puts paid to the "sub-par" label.
    When in doubt, always play the two AFCCG card. It's a party favorite.

Hall Of Fame
    +1.

Can't blame the fans bc the organization used to play it a lot. But even Rex knows it has gotten old and that says something.

Ken Whisenhunt went to the SB.

Jets Insider VIP
    You people don't understand

Mangini picked all the good picks from 2006-8...those marvy mangini core players the SOJF Mangini revisionists always bring up

All the bad picks were made by Tanny

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    You people don't understand

Mangini picked all the good picks from 2006-8...those marvy mangini core players the SOJF Mangini revisionists always bring up

All the bad picks were made by Tanny
    What I don't understand is what side of the fence you sit on from day to day.

First, you vote to retain Rex and Tanny.

Then, you're on the fire Tanny bandwagon.

Now, you're defending Tanny again.

I understand. It's tough being a Jets fan and going 44 years without a trip to the Super Bowl and watching our neighbors win two in 5 years. That can make anyone a little confused.

All Pro
    Yes, In a 32 team league, consecutive title games are achieved all the time, especially by the Jets.

Get off my tip, creep. Nobody cares about your parties in the closet.
    You have a crappy habit/compulsion of taking what others say and misunderstanding it due to your own hangups and now you're stalking me too.

Of course the meaning is lost to miserable, insufferable, hyperbolic SOJFs, but I was only responding to the "extremely sub-par" description of Tannenbaum as opposed to truly extremely sub-par NFL organizations of today like BUF who have now missed the playoffs for over a decade, who once upon a time did make it to 4 SBs in a row.

Are the Jets disappointing, of course. Changes necessary? Absolutely.
    But reaching two title games in a row is something even the vaunted Parcells couldnt do and considering it was with the raw Sanchez shouldn't be discounted or so easily dismissed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Yes, In a 32 team league, consecutive title games are achieved all the time, especially by the Jets.

Get off my tip, creep. Nobody cares about your parties in the closet.
    You have a crappy habit/compulsion of taking what others say and misunderstanding it due to your own hangups and now you're stalking me too.

Of course the meaning is lost to miserable, insufferable, hyperbolic SOJFs, but I was only responding to the "extremely sub-par" description of Tannenbaum as opposed to truly extremely sub-par NFL organizations of today like BUF who have now missed the playoffs for over a decade, who once upon a time did make it to 4 SBs in a row.

Are the Jets disappointing, of course. Changes necessary? Absolutely.
    But reaching two title games in a row is something even the vaunted Parcells couldnt do and considering it was with the raw Sanchez shouldn't be discounted or so easily dismissed.
    LOL. I finally got your attention.

Did you ever respond to my post exposing your idiotic list of "core" players brought in by Rex Ryan?

All you did was wear the two AFCCG badge like all of the pom pom waving homers on this board do. Who cares. That's history and 3 years ago. What have you done for me lately. No one remembers who lost the CG except for fans like you who keep bringing it up as some sort of major accomplishment.
    Last edited by Jordy; 12-30-2012 at 11:41 AM.