Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Tannenbaum finished as Jets GM

I do not want want him anywhere near the team. He can go f--- himself.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Jets may be the most attractive place for a GM. Who wouldn't want this Job? If you get fired, you still have a Job in the organization.

By the year 2020 we'll have 5 ex Jet GM's in our front office.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Because you'd know your not signing on with a heartless organization
    ...but may be signing with a weak and indecisive one. It's standard operating procedure for NFL teams to cut all ties with personnel terminated for unsatisfactory performance. It's one thing to pay Tanny severance it's another to keep him around so as not to hurt his feelings.

I'd laugh my ass off if in true Jets fashion they won't able to find a capable G.M. because of Rex Ryan still being on the payroll. Then, when we find one, Rex is fired and the only candidates left are soon to be two or three years and out college coaches like Bill O'Brien.

Oh boy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Those defenses! Including last years, couldn't stop a nose bleed. let Tebow walk 98 yards on them, 24 unanswered points in 2 AFC Champ games.

You are delusional.... We stopped very few. look at the points allowed.
    Lets not forget that teams plays conservative against us because we usually couldn't score and usually turned the ball over giving opponents short drives to score.

Yes we had a good defense but our pass defense was over rated because we were giving up a ton on the ground and we were usually playing in close games where all they had to do is wait for Sanchez to miss on half his passes, throw an interception, or fumble.

Yesterday was a microcosm off the Rex and Sanchez tenure. Buffalo ran a conservative offense and just waited for Sanchez to give them the game.

Yesterday we saw an indisciplined team that was mailing it in. Could have been much worse had we lost more of the 5 fumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I'd laugh my ass off if in true Jets fashion they won't able to find a capable G.M. because of Rex Ryan still being on the payroll. Then, when we find one, Rex is fired and the only candidates left are soon to be two or three years and out college coaches like Bill O'Brien.

Oh boy.
    I really don't understand why a newly hired gm wouldn't want Rex on, it's almost like a free pass. If Rex does bad next year, Well he wasn't your guy fire him. If Rex does good then he was your guy all along, Keep him. Win/Win unless you hate his guts and can't work with him.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Two good names on Jets GM search who have worked there, understand the market -- San Francisco's Tom Gamble and Miami's Brian Gaine.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    I really don't understand why a newly hired gm wouldn't want Rex on, it's almost like a free pass. If Rex does bad next year, Well he wasn't your guy fire him. If Rex does good then he was your guy all along, Keep him. Win/Win unless you hate his guts and can't work with him.
    My thought as well... People just want to b!tch though

Rookie
    So when does Sparano get Sh*tcanned?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by VilmaStar View Post
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Two good names on Jets GM search who have worked there, understand the market -- San Francisco's Tom Gamble and Miami's Brian Gaine.
    If the Jets bring anyone from Miami, I am done. No effing way!!

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    If the Jets bring anyone from Miami, I am done. No effing way!!
    Dude was on our practice squad in '98... Reading about him yesterday, he has a solid football background... Basically an ex player/scout that's been working his way up the FO ranks of the Fins (Asst GM currently)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Why should you or anybody care that Tannenbaum will be stay within the organization in a different role?

If Tannenbaum is serving in a role he is good at, why should any of us care, he won't be the GM, he won't be making the decisions on the team, he won't be dealing with agents, he won't be running the draft room, etc etc.

I just don't get the *****ing of this fanbase sometimes...
    You really are clueless. What leader wants to have the former boss working down the hall. By the way, what was your win and loss prediction for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    You really are clueless. What leader wants to have the former boss working down the hall. By the way, what was your win and loss prediction for 2012.
    Did you predict the Jets making the AFC Championship in 2010 and 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Lets not forget that teams plays conservative against us because we usually couldn't score and usually turned the ball over giving opponents short drives to score.

Yes we had a good defense but our pass defense was over rated because we were giving up a ton on the ground and we were usually playing in close games where all they had to do is wait for Sanchez to miss on half his passes, throw an interception, or fumble.

Yesterday was a microcosm off the Rex and Sanchez tenure. Buffalo ran a conservative offense and just waited for Sanchez to give them the game.

Yesterday we saw an indisciplined team that was mailing it in. Could have been much worse had we lost more of the 5 fumbles.
    We are not an undisciplined team... The penalty numbers don't support that and it's just a baseless claim thrown out there by people who have no idea what they are talking about.

People have short memories.. It's amazing too because I was so young when those truly garbage years occurred. No chance at winning, laughably overmatched coaches. Herm was a hint of that but at least had a solid roster to mask it. People throw around terms like laughingstock and it's crazy because it wasn't that long ago that the team actually was a laughingstock. The team had it's first losing season in 5 years. It's just 2 years removed from making the AFC championship game twice in a row with a bottom 5 QB. That's pretty amazing from any coach.

Mangini was a pretty good coach, Rex is a very good coach imo. No different than Fisher, Andy Reid, whoever else you want to put on that level. Just give them a QB and they will win games.

And you people who ***** about the defense will actually remember what bad defense is the day Rex is gone.