Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith...

Geno Smith...

Wat h him in the New Era Bowl (now) ......he 's showing why he should not be our next Qb.
    Can't read simple college d 's. On the other hand. Smith of Syracuse might be of interest as an rb. Oh well!

All Pro
    yeah, since his hot start the first few weeks, he has not looked good at all.

No way he should be a 1st round pick. But he probably will be... let's just hope the Jets can stay away from him.

overrated

Don't judge him on one game in poor conditions. He's got some real nice tools, look at the throws he's made to the outside, those translate well to the types of throws you need to make in the NFL, throws Sanchez couldn't make...

All Pro
    It's hard to really attack a defense when your offensive playbook concludes of 95% screens and gimmick short passing plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Don't judge him on one game in poor conditions. He's got some real nice tools, look at the throws he's made to the outside, those translate well to the types of throws you need to make in the NFL, throws Sanchez couldn't make...
    People are idiots to judge him just based off this crap weather game.

He's got the height, arm, mobility that you want at NFL level. Like you pointed out, those throws he made to the outside are no joke. The Jets would be lucky as hell if he fell to them

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    It's hard to really attack a defense when your offensive playbook concludes of 95% screens and gimmick short passing plays.
    That playbook is also the reason for 95% of Smith's production this year

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Bingo. The coaching was a joke today and did not give Geno a chance to show off his talents. He's done the best with the hand he's been dealt. His D is the literal worst D in the country. Despite that, he had a great year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Bingo. The coaching was a joke today and did not give Geno a chance to show off his talents. He's done the best with the hand he's been dealt. His D is the literal worst D in the country. Despite that, he had a great year.
    He is such an over rated prospect right now. I wouldnt touch him in the first round. He got by with exceptional weapons around him who took 5 yard screen passes and turned them into 80 yard TDs. Watch his games this year, he throws everything underneath and with in 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. He isnt as mobile as people think.

Hall Of Fame
    I wouldn't mind drafting one of his WRs.

Under no circumstances do I want a QB in the 1st. Especially of Rex Is the coach.

he's the best QB in the draft, which isn't saying much. I'd take him or nassib in the 2nd round though

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    he's the best QB in the draft, which isn't saying much. I'd take him or nassib in the 2nd round though
    From a pure prospect stand point nassib is a 3rd rounder. But his position willl drive him into the second

Just got back from the game. Smith has ZERO pocket presence and does not extend the play at all. This caused not one, but two safeties that were his fault. Seriously, when does anybody get two safties in a game, let alone one? Nassib and Texas Tech's Seth Doege are the highest upside QBs in this draft IMO

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He is such an over rated prospect right now. I wouldnt touch him in the first round. He got by with exceptional weapons around him who took 5 yard screen passes and turned them into 80 yard TDs. Watch his games this year, he throws everything underneath and with in 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. He isnt as mobile as people think.
    I wouldn't touch him until the 7th.

I see nothing NFL worthy and I like UWV.

Vince Young, Dennis Dixon..... Both IMO were better.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Just curious what people think of tyler bray for a late rounder? 6ft6 twohundred something lbs. Ran a nfl offence at tenn.kinda like a bigben imo

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSackExchange View Post
    Just curious what people think of tyler bray for a late rounder? 6ft6 twohundred something lbs. Ran a nfl offence at tenn.kinda like a bigben imo
    I don't think Bray is a late rounder. Seems like he might be a 2-4th round guy.

He has the physical ability, but there's apparently a lot of baggage there.

Looks like this year really sucks for QBs. I wouldn't be shocked to see in a few years that none of these guys develop into much more than borderline starters.

How would you all feel if we moved back five or six spots, pick up some much needed extra picks and draft Aaron Murray provided he declares?Undersized at 6-1 212 but he seems NFL-ready to me. Of course there is the possibility that Murray stays and challenges Manziel for #1 overall in 2014, but who knows.

I may jump ship if we take this joker.

The guy had a bad game in a snow storm, he is still the top QB in the draft and the Jets should sprint to the podium with his name on the card if he is available. Size, athletic, good arm, accurate, quick release ... sounds good to me.