Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geno Smith...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He is such an over rated prospect right now. I wouldnt touch him in the first round. He got by with exceptional weapons around him who took 5 yard screen passes and turned them into 80 yard TDs. Watch his games this year, he throws everything underneath and with in 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. He isnt as mobile as people think.
    +1. It seems like you watch a lot of college football unlike most people who post here. There is not a QB worth taking in the 1st round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    The guy had a bad game in a snow storm, he is still the top QB in the draft and the Jets should sprint to the podium with his name on the card if he is available. Size, athletic, good arm, accurate, quick release ... sounds good to me.
    Exactly. The same idiots clowning Smith probably blew their load when we took a small QB with an average arm that played on a college all-star team. Yeah, Mark Sanchez. Does not have half the tools Geno does

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Exactly. The same idiots clowning Smith probably blew their load when we took a small QB with an average arm that played on a college all-star team. Yeah, Mark Sanchez. Does not have half the tools Geno does
    That's funny. Care to look over that USC roster again?

FSU is my main team (stay far, far away from EJ Manuel), but USC is one of the teams I always keep a very close eye on. That was the least talented USC offense in the last 10 years. The offense, right now, is loaded beyond belief. Very close to the 2005 team. If Barkley were as consistent as Leinart was (in college), they'd be the best.

Now, being the worst USC offense of the last 10 years is like being the slowest guy in the 100m final, but I think you get the point. The guys Barkley is playing with now are on a completely different level than the guys Sanchez had.

That USC team's strength was its all-world defense. They were awesome. Average at the corners, but great everywhere else, and tremendous at linebacker.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    How would you all feel if we moved back five or six spots, pick up some much needed extra picks and draft Aaron Murray provided he declares?Undersized at 6-1 212 but he seems NFL-ready to me. Of course there is the possibility that Murray stays and challenges Manziel for #1 overall in 2014, but who knows.
    I think Murray (if he enters) will be the best quarterback of the group. although that doesn't mean much with this class, but Murray has a cannon arm its just his height that's holding him back. With the emergence of Russell Wilson the size may not matter much for Murray...I think he stays for his senior year on a good Georgia team and boosts his stock for '14

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would rather get EJ Manuel in the 2nd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has been showing he's not an NFL QB for the past 2 months.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    How would you all feel if we moved back five or six spots, pick up some much needed extra picks and draft Aaron Murray provided he declares?Undersized at 6-1 212 but he seems NFL-ready to me. Of course there is the possibility that Murray stays and challenges Manziel for #1 overall in 2014, but who knows.
    Manziel will not even be picked in the first round whenever he decides to come out...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    GeNO