Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ryan Nassib

PLEASE,NO QB FROM USC. PLEASE NO QB FROM USC. PLEASE, NO QB FROM USC. PLEASE, PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am torn on Barkley right now. I do agree he is a vastly different prospect than Sanchez was. His O-line was terrible, so you have to wonder how much that effected him or how much the pressure to win the National Championship ( the reason he went back for his Sr. year) effected him. It would be hard to pass on him in the first if he is sitting there. If he played for UCLA instead of USC, I think there would be more people calling for him.
    At this point, if Barkley cant play in the senior bowl, or opts out of it because of his injury not having him at 100%, you could see smith (who is already "ranked"ahead of barkley) and glennon going before him in the draft....at that point if he is on the board in the second round, that has to be considered an excellent value

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    At this point, if Barkley cant play in the senior bowl, or opts out of it because of his injury not having him at 100%, you could see smith (who is already "ranked"ahead of barkley) and glennon going before him in the draft....at that point if he is on the board in the second round, that has to be considered an excellent value
    I saw one mock having him go to Jacksonville with the first pick in the second. I think that is where the value for drafting a QB this year is going to be, rounds 2-3. Nassib, Bray, Wilson all good values in the mid 2nd to 3rd rounds.

All League
    I saw one mock having him go to Jacksonville with the first pick in the second. I think that is where the value for drafting a QB this year is going to be, rounds 2-3. Nassib, Bray, Wilson all good values in the mid 2nd to 3rd rounds.
    The same can be said about WR and TE too. Don't even get me started on where the value for RB is this year

Overall, this year is simply a good draft for DE and DT

Is there a precedent for a QB coming out with attitude/character concerns that worked out? I feel that is the single most important characteristic a QB can have and also happens to be something that is most difficult to change.
    Marino?

Also too soon to say regarding Ryan Mallett but wouldn't be surprised to see him do well after Brady.Hopefully not another Aaron Rodgers scenarion though

Love the tools Bray has and who knows maybe a spiky,cocky,competitor is what we need at QB.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Marino?

Also too soon to say regarding Ryan Mallett but wouldn't be surprised to see him do well after Brady.Hopefully not another Aaron Rodgers scenarion though

Love the tools Bray has and who knows maybe a spiky,cocky,competitor is what we need at QB.
    Mallet lacks the ability to properly side-step defenders in the pocket, an attribute that among others is the entire reason behind Brady's success.

Character concerns aside, Mallet was viewed as a statue in the pocket and will take unnecessary sacks

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Marino?

Marino had the one "drug rumor", that was it (as far as I know, since i was pretty young for that draft)

Hall Of Fame
    Marino had the one "drug rumor", that was it (as far as I know, since i was pretty young for that draft)
    Cam Newton wasnt exactly a great kid, and is as cocky and full of himself as one can be.

All Pro
    Cam Newton wasnt exactly a great kid, and is as cocky and full of himself as one can be.
    And is a loser at this point in his pro career.

He can't handle struggling.