Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Nassib

All Pro
    Not that impressed with him either. Wasted movement in his mechanics, doesnt have a real fluid release and as someone said above, average physical tools...

All League
    Interesting nugget:

What do Jeff George, Doug Flutie and Ryan Nassib have in common?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I just don't see a future star there. I've been wrong before, but I would not want the Jets to draft Geno Smith at all, let along in the 1st half of the 1st round.

I'd take Barkley over him and I don't like him much either.

There doesn't appear to be any QB worth taking early in this year's draft, Nassib included. I like him, but as a 3rd round roll of the dice who can sit for a year or two.
    Smith is going to be a very good player. His coach and teammates let him down today. Bad weather game too. All I know is when a guy can throw 40 TDs v. 7 INTs and for 500 yards against LSU, he's probably pretty good. We would be lucky if he fell to us

Quote Originally Posted by miamijet1 View Post
    He threw for 356 yds vs Rutgers ,not too bad.
    I was at that game. Other than the 4 turnovers, he was "great" in that game. If you throw it 50 times, you should get 350 yards. I can't remember a single one of them being effective though.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    As a Rutgers fan, I've watched him. He sucks. 4 turnovers against us this year. Teddy Bridgewater on one leg was vastly better. One is an NFL QB and the other is a clipboard holder. Our fanbase is desperate. I get it. But please....
    Both are circa third round draft picks. One is a gimmicky player kind of like geno smith. The other is a pocket passer. One is an potential nfl starter and the other will be holding a clipboard but is probably too dumb for that.

I'll give you a hint...the potiental starter won this game.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=323150183

Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    Both are circa third round draft picks. One is a gimmicky player kind of like geno smith. The other is a pocket passer. One is an potential nfl starter and the other will be holding a clipboard but is probably too dumb for that.

I'll give you a hint...the potiental starter won this game.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=323150183
    LOL at Bridgewater 3rd round. Dude he might be the #1 pick next year. He's just significantly better than Nassib. Watch the games

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie.php

All League
    Smith is going to be a very good player. His coach and teammates let him down today. Bad weather game too. All I know is when a guy can throw 40 TDs v. 7 INTs and for 500 yards against LSU, he's probably pretty good. We would be lucky if he fell to us
    If you think Smith won't bust harder than Nassib then idk...

All League
    LOL at Bridgewater 3rd round. Dude he might be the #1 pick next year. He's just significantly better than Nassib. Watch the games
    Bridgewater is far from the #1 pick. Far far from it

Ngeno smith is Collin Klein...gimmicky college QB with outside shots of success in the nfl. Neither worth a first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Bridgewater is far from the #1 pick. Far far from it
    Widely considered the #1 QB prospect in 2014 by people who know a lot more than you.

Ngeno smith is Collin Klein...gimmicky college QB with outside shots of success in the nfl. Neither worth a first round pick.
    I don't even think Collin Klein threw 40 TDs in his entire career. But yeah, they're the same. One is a runner and one is a passer. Klein is a poor man's Tebow. Smith is a better version of Flacco

Undrafted Free Agent
    He threw 42 times with two ints and one td pass.Brought his team back with a long drive and two pt conversion.He did not have four tourovers.Rutgers defense is far superior to syracuse ,that was a close game.Syracuse outgained rutgers by alot.Again the kis threw the ball for 356 yds,thats a fact.

Jets Insider VIP
    Inaccurate, average physical tools, so-so college career. Sound like anyone else we know?
    Doesnt actually

Sanchez won a Rose Bowl vs Penn State

McElroy won an SEC Championship vs Florida and then won an even bigger game

Even our third string non quarterback won championships and the Heisman Trophy

None of their college careers were so so

Are you thinking of Matt Simms?

Bridgewater is great, IMO he would easily be the #1 pick this year if he was eligible, Clowney also would be #1 this year as well.

Teddy vs that FLA defense will tell a lot about his NFL prospects

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie.php
    Ha! That's where they had Barkley last year. I do watch the games. I'm not saying Nasib is Peyton. All I'm saying is you are overrating smith and bridge water (by about two rounds).

He can throw a screen. Huge improvement.
    HAHAHAAHA

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Bridgewater is great, he would easily be the #1 pick this year if he was eligible, Clowney also would be #1 this year as well.
    Exactly. Bridgewater is a remarkable prospect, anyone ragging on him is clueless. On one leg, he beat a legit top 10 college D. Dude couldn't even walk and he was prolific

All Pro
    You mean the 2011 game against LSU? The one where his team got blown out and he picked up most of those yards against a soft defense in the 2nd half?

How about the game against Kansas State where he didn't even throw for 200 yards? Or the game against a very average Texas Tech when he was held to 14 points? TT has the 92nd best scoring D in the country... it's not like the the Red Raiders will ever be confused with the Crimson Tide.

I guess we have to agree to disagree here.

Jets Insider VIP
    There is no way. we are desperate. I get that. we are not that desperate. matt flynn is a wayyyy better choice

He has made one real bad play today, the near pick six on the last drive...awful read and decision, especially with a big lead.

Other then that, every throw he has made has hit the intended WR in the hands. Yes the TD was tipped....so he was 2 inches to low with it, it happens.

Amazing that people can rip nassib for his performance today, but the consensus "BEST QB" in the draft has played awful and its not his fault.

Obviously Nassib isnt "cant miss" if he was we wouldnt be discussing him in the second or third round.

Personally I think its better to fill a legitimate hole with our first round pick and then gamble that a guy like nassib, who has an NFL arm, is 6'2 225 that can run and has had 2 seasons with over 60% completion that he can be a good pro once the talent around him improves.