Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darren McFadden

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Darren McFadden

I think we should try and bring this guy in as a 3rd down/compliment to green or powell. He is the exact type of explosive player this offense needs. With his injury history I don't think hell demand the big bucks. If we keep his role relativley limited, he should be a huge weapon for the offense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    McFadden is better than Green and Powell.... Why would he take that offer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have Joe McKnight... We have just never had an offensive philosophy that would take advantage of a guy like him on third down....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    I think we should try and bring this guy in as a 3rd down/compliment to green or powell. He is the exact type of explosive player this offense needs. With his injury history I don't think hell demand the big bucks. If we keep his role relativley limited, he should be a huge weapon for the offense.
    wtf?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mcfadden is either a FA or will be a trade piece for the raiders. Sign him or give oakland a 3rd/2nd for the guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mcfadden is either a FA or will be a trade piece for the raiders. Sign him or give oakland a 3rd/2nd for the guy.
    So at first you were saying McFadden would be a 'change of pace' back with a 'relatively limited' role.. now you are saying you're not sure whether he'll be a FA or a trade piece, but if he is, we give up a 2nd or a 3rd for the guy.

makes perfect sense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    So at first you were saying McFadden would be a 'change of pace' back with a 'relatively limited' role.. now you are saying you're not sure whether he'll be a FA or a trade piece, but if he is, we give up a 2nd or a 3rd for the guy.

makes perfect sense.
    I ment to say that he'd be the #1 with a lot of work given to Green or powell to keep the guy healthy and fresh. He is an elite third down back so he solves that problem as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The team misses LT. As a third down player as a check down guy. McFadden would be a good LT type.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

McFadden

Gets injured too often to be a reliable contributor to the offense. If we want a good rb then draft someone in the second round. A QB in the first round.
    Last edited by Stillafan; 12-29-2012 at 09:35 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol McFadden as a 3rd down back to compliment Greene and Powell?

You must be high.

Put the pipe down and try again later.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    a healthy McFadden is one of the best running backs in the league. The problem with that is, he's rarely healthy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post

makes perfect sense.
    lol at Oakland getting at 2nd or even a 3rd form McFadden. He has been a pretty bad RB sense he has been drafted. I loved him coming out but he may just be the biggest bust of that draft. Trade the Sanchez and a 4th for McClain and McFadden is more like it. They will be looking to drop both those guys for next to nothing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you you understand he gets paid almost 6 mill just in salary

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shonn Greene is probably the most overrated RB in the league today. Greene should be in a straight up open competition with Powell, McKnight, and some other RB the team can pick up through FA or the draft.

So long as we could get McFadden relatively cheap, it would be a good move. He'd also be the odds on favorite to win the battle and be the starting RB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Shonn Greene is probably the most overrated RB in the league today. Greene should be in a straight up open competition with Powell, McKnight, and some other RB the team can pick up through FA or the draft.

So long as we could get McFadden relatively cheap, it would be a good move. He'd also be the odds on favorite to win the battle and be the starting RB.
    I don't know anyone that "overrates" Greene. To be overrated, you have to have some people that believe he is good. This is just not the case.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let green walk he has stones hands, can't pick up blitz or evade defenders

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene is a free agent I believe. He will not be resigned.

What worries me about mcfadden is that he was healthy the 1st half of the season. And he was awful. I mean AWFUL.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    lol at Oakland getting at 2nd or even a 3rd form McFadden. He has been a pretty bad RB sense he has been drafted. I loved him coming out but he may just be the biggest bust of that draft. Trade the Sanchez and a 4th for McClain and McFadden is more like it. They will be looking to drop both those guys for next to nothing.
    Right.. because we didn't draft gholston that year..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chupa man wtf have you been smokin brahh??

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Greene is a free agent I believe. He will not be resigned.

What worries me about mcfadden is that he was healthy the 1st half of the season. And he was awful. I mean AWFUL.
    They switched their blocking scheme which was a terrible idea.