Thread: Happiness Is (For Today)....

Happiness Is (For Today)....

...when you find a long sought after Bootleg online, and are able to download it, and install it into iTunes without either a horrid virus, or some other drama.

Pink Floyd, live in Oakland, May 1977, the In the Flesh Tour.

One of the greatest Floyd live Recordings ever made in the bootleg era. An amazing show.

And now....I have it. Back in the day, 2 CD Set of a show, would have cost me ~$100 or so at my local ROIA Dealer.

Tonight, free.

Happy Contented Mellow Warfish is Happy. Contented. And Mellow.

It's a good night.

If you're a fan, and are interesting in hearing the show, it can be enjoyed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHNPM05Hj8U

All League
    Godspeed, friend. Sounds like a good find.

Happiness is having 8" of fresh powder to enjoy with the family all day and not give a hoot about the Jets playing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Happiness is the wife going shopping all day and me being able to sit in front of the TV & internet, and watch this Jets season come to a merciful close.

Happiness is a fresh pot of coffee and a lil THC on a quiet Sunday morning as I prepare to watch my dreadful team one last time this season. The 2012 season couldn't have been much worse, but the morning Sunday ritual is still my favourite brand of poison. Enjoy the Jets sucking today, while you do I'll be watching my crappy Titans struggle against the putrid Jags. Good times.

"Two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions."

Jets Insider VIP
    Very cool Fish. Floyd rocks. I love bootlegs and on this day and age, it's great to get them free on torrents after having to buy them at outrageous prices years ago. I saw the Stones a few weeks ago and already have great recordings of all three shows.

Earlier this year I found a boot of AC/DC's first show at MSG on 12/2/81. I was just 17 and it was my first show at the Garden too.

Three of my buddies and I took the train in from CT and we had a blast. We all got wasted and rolled home about 4 am and I got trouble with my parents. So worth it.

I still remember the lights dimming, and a giant bell lit up. The crowd went wild. Then a guy dressed as an executioner came out and took a big hammer and started to hit the bell. The crowd was in a frenzy as it continued and finally AC/DC hit the stage and ripped into Hell's Bells. F*cking incredible!

The boot is an audience recording and not great but it was still a great memory to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    ...when you find a long sought after Bootleg online, and are able to download it, and install it into iTunes without either a horrid virus, or some other drama.

One of the greatest Floyd live Recordings ever made in the bootleg era. An amazing show.

And now....I have it. Back in the day, 2 CD Set of a show, would have cost me ~$100 or so at my local ROIA Dealer.

Tonight, free.

It's a good night.

If you're a fan, and are interesting in hearing the show, it can be enjoyed here:

You DO know if you can find it on Youtube, you can download it with any number of programs with 100% surety it's virus free?

Here's a bit of freeware that works great for such a purpose (just be careful when installing or after using you don't click "yes" to allow it to install unwanted add-ons, search engines and the like)...

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products...-Converter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You DO know if you can find it on Youtube, you can download it with any number of programs with 100% surety it's virus free?

Here's a bit of freeware that works great for such a purpose (just be careful when installing or after using you don't click "yes" to allow it to install unwanted add-ons, search engines and the like)...

Aye, but I'm not a fan of the risk tbh. Far too easy to get things on your PC that are hard to git rid of, or malware, or both.

Aye, but I'm not a fan of the risk tbh. Far too easy to get things on your PC that are hard to git rid of, or malware, or both.
    Torrent sites or Usenet are very risky, indeed. I don't see any risk at all downloading directly from YouTube. I've never had a problem and I've got 1000s of files I've pulled directly from YouTube. Like you, I'm extremely careful of what I allow into my computer.

Torrent sites or Usenet are very risky, indeed. I don't see any risk at all downloading directly from YouTube. I've never had a problem and I've got 1000s of files I've pulled directly from YouTube. Like you, I'm extremely careful of what I allow into my computer.
    Aye, agreed. Was VERY hesitant to even try the torrent site I found (although it seems legit). The desire for this show was simply too strong, and since it's never been officially released, it doesn't break my personal "no stealing music" ideals.

The day Floyd put a ful 1977 (especially this show) concert on an Official Release, I'd be happy to delete this boot.

Jets Insider VIP

Tonight, free.

It's a good night.

I'd like it for mt Itunes. Can you give a site or a hint. I agree they are mellow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks buddy

Jets Insider VIP

I just downloaded the youTube converterand it work great. My wife is a DJ and she'll appreciate when I get a song for her. Thanks