Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanny's new job at Jets?

All League

Tanny's new job at Jets?

Apparently, Woody is too cheap to pay Tanny for next year (per his contract) without getting some work out of him. As a result, they are going to reassign Tanny to a new job?

Let's have some suggestions for Woody!

Usher in the upper deck end zone?
    Towel boy?

Tanny is valuable..

Just not as a GM..

He is a cap genius and I hope he stays with the Jets for twenty more years..

They would be nuts to outright kick him out of the organization..

woody needs to grow a set, and fire the bum. hes no cap genious, he does what every money person does on all the other 31 football teams do. just FIRE the bum

So lets hire Norm Peterson then..

as cap man he is not going to be the GM making the decisions.. And lets face it. He has been a puppet GM because he in no way was a qualified one..

Hall Of Fame
    Make him field punts like Hard Knocks.

What a circus.

All Pro
    Who is the cap manager of the Texans, the Patriots, the Packers , the Steelers, ect ect ect. All these teams are consistent playoff teams and still manage to handle the cap. The Bengals, the Ravens ect ect .

Do all these teams have Mike Tannenbaum who apparently the Jets can't do without. As the GM this man is responsible for the drafting of Vernon Gholston, Mark Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, Mo Wilkerson and Quinton Coples. The aquiring of Calvin Pace, Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards and Cromartie and Tim Tebow. As GM the contracts of Sanchez, Ferguson, Harris, Holmes, Pace and others were all orchestrated under his watch. All those players mentioned above have in some way contributed to the disaster that is the NYJets.

Under his watch the Jets have no QB, no Running back, no LBers to speak of on a team that runs a 34 defense. The Jets have a 1 dimensional OLT who headlines an awful OL and some Wrs that leave alot to be desired. What the Jets do have thou, is some of the highest paid players at their position in the league on a team that is in disarray. All done under Mike Tannenbaum's watch.

Somebody tell me again why this man is so valuable ?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Tanny is valuable..

Just not as a GM..

He is a cap genius in his own mind. To keep under the cap, he had to strip the offense of all its talent. I could do that.

Personal Punt Protector

Jets Insider VIP
    If you draft well enough, the cap is almost never an issue. The cap needs complicated "managing" when teams foolishly believe that you can build through free agency and trades in the NFL.

Tanny doesn't bring an unique skill set to managing the cap, nor should it be viewed as a primary area of focus. Personnel decisions is priority 1.

Tinstar, you don't know what your talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Tanny is valuable..

Just not as a GM..

Sanchez and Santonio contracts say HI

Cap consultant/assistant to the assistant GM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Tinstar, you don't know what your talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree with Tin ... But think he did a good job signing Cro, Wilk, Coples ....

His major blunders ....

Gholston, Holmes, Sanchez, Greene

Studs ....

Revis, Ferguson, Mangold, Keller

Getting Holmes for a 5th round pick was a steal.The mistake was guaranteeing all that money. Everybody wants an Adrian Peterson. Greene is far from a bust pick.Rushed for 1000 yards last year,over 4yds a carry. this year similar numbers.Look at the players Tinstar mentioned. Most are good players or pro bowlers.

Job?... He's barely fit to hold Woody's penis at the urinal. Every self respecting GM candidate will insist that Tanny be shown the door.

peanut vendor.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Who is the cap manager of the Texans, the Patriots, the Packers , the Steelers, ect ect ect. All these teams are consistent playoff teams and still manage to handle the cap. The Bengals, the Ravens ect ect .

Do all these teams have Mike Tannenbaum who apparently the Jets can't do without. As the GM this man is responsible for the drafting of Vernon Gholston, Mark Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, Mo Wilkerson and Quinton Coples. The aquiring of Calvin Pace, Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards and Cromartie and Tim Tebow. As GM the contracts of Sanchez, Ferguson, Harris, Holmes, Pace and others were all orchestrated under his watch. All those players mentioned above have in some way contributed to the disaster that is the NYJets.

Under his watch the Jets have no QB, no Running back, no LBers to speak of on a team that runs a 34 defense. The Jets have a 1 dimensional OLT who headlines an awful OL and some Wrs that leave alot to be desired. What the Jets do have thou, is some of the highest paid players at their position in the league on a team that is in disarray. All done under Mike Tannenbaum's watch.

Somebody tell me again why this man is so valuable ?
    EXCELLENT post

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Getting Holmes for a 5th round pick was a steal.The mistake was guaranteeing all that money. Everybody wants an Adrian Peterson. Greene is far from a bust pick.Rushed for 1000 yards last year,over 4yds a carry. this year similar numbers.Look at the players Tinstar mentioned. Most are good players or pro bowlers.
    What ? You'd give up any pick to make you team worse b acquiring a selfish, underperforming cancer of a player ??? Madness !!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I agree with Tin ... But think he did a good job signing Cro, Wilk, Coples ....

His major blunders ....

Gholston, Holmes, Sanchez, Greene

Studs ....

Revis, Ferguson, Mangold, Keller
    Don't these types of things happen all the time on other teams too?

How many teams hit home runs on personnel decisions with high regularity?

I count (by your assessment) 7 good decisions and 4 bad ones. Is that so terrible?

I'm not saying that Tanny needs to stay because he made 7 good decisions or that he needs to go because he made 4 bad ones, but I think what does stand out though (and why he should be held accountable):
    1- we had holes this past off season that were not plugged
    2- probably a few guys that will be gone next year that perhaps should have been replaced already
    3- drafting quality over quantity is a big risk unless every single one of the "quality" guys you draft are studs

To Tinstar. I agree that he's gotta go, but for different reasons. Extending the contact of sanchez coming of a bad year. Giving guaranteed money to Holmes when he didn;t have to. And overpaying for David Harris. I like Harris, but 10 Mill a year, thats insane. A new job for Mike t mmmmmmmm.......punt returner, for one game