View Poll Results: Who comes out victorious?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jets

9 15.52%
  • Bills

13 22.41%
  • Who cares?

30 51.72%
  • Your gimmick sucks, McFail

6 10.34%
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Jets Vs. Bills Week 17

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Jets Vs. Bills Week 17

The New York Jets will visit the Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium tomorrow, the season finale for both teams. The Jets and Bills were expected to battle it out for second place in the AFC East, and an AFC Wild Card berth, but instead they both enter this week's game behind the Miami Dolphins and completely out of the hunt. Both teams have disappointing quarterbacks that they have dumped a lot of money into (Mark Sanchez, Ryan Fitzpatrick) and both fanbases are already looking forward to draft day.

Two AFC East teams that entered the year with high hopes but ended up with failed season will square off tomorrow when the New York Jets take on the Buffalo Bills. There will be lots of change coming during the offseason for these two franchises, with plenty of coaching changes expected for the Jets and head coach Chan Gailey likely on his way out for the Bills. With the Miami Dolphins having undergone a coaching change this season with Joe Philbin, these two seasons have been a microcosm of the AFC East over the past decade or so: stability and success for the New England Patriots, with three franchises trying to find their way chasing behind them.

As previously mentioned, both the Bills and the Jets are dealing with whiffs at the quarterback position. Big money, high hopes and little results all in common, the only difference being that the Bills didn't trade up in the draft and waste a high draft pick on Ryan Fitzpatrick. Either way, there are major questions about the direction each team will take at the position after tomorrow's game.

In their week one matchup, the Jets got the best of the Bills in a 48-28 game that seemed to quell the concerns about a Jets offense that struggled in the preseason. The Jets offense never looked that efficient the rest of the season. Mark Sanchez threw for 266 yards and three touchdowns, throwing only one interception. Shonn Greene rushed for 94 yards and a score, while Jeremy Kerley brought a punt back 68 yards for a touchdown. For the Bills, Ryan Fitzpatrick also threw for three touchdowns but threw three picks, including one that Antonio Cromartie brought back for a 40-yard touchdown.

What can we expect for tomorrow? Hopefully two teams without much to play for want to go out with a bang and play a good game. Surely some fans will be rooting for a loss on either side and a better draft choice. The only thing really riding on this game is the six-game winning streak the Jets currently hold over the Bills.

Official New York Jets theme song for Week 17
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-r-V0uK4u0

Need a stream for the game(s)?: http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/american-football.html

The Official Game Thread is brought to you by:

CKC - You mirin'?
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-30-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Making their way to the ring, lead by new member James Harden of the Houston Rockets, accompanied by WWE Champion Barack Obama, the new and improved reformation of D-Generation X!

this should be an exciting thread..

I am watching.. But the thought of it is depressing..

Let's Go Buff-a-lo!

Hall Of Fame
    What is the highest pick we can get? I heard 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What is the highest pick we can get? I heard 7th.
    With a loss and some help (certain teams winning), I think we can get the 7th. That's just what I heard, though. With a win, we'd get the 12th (iirc).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    With a loss and some help (certain teams winning), I think we can get the 7th. That's just what I heard, though. With a win, we'd get the 12th (iirc).
    I don't think Fitz has ever beat the Jets and Mark is 5-1 against the Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't think Fitz has ever beat the Jets and Mark is 5-1 against the Bills.
    Aww, come on! Don't think so negatively, man. I just KNOW we have it in us to fall to the Fitztragic led Bills. We can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Aww, come on! Don't think so negatively, man. I just KNOW we have it in us to fall to the Fitztragic led Bills. We can do it!
    No way.

These are the games the Jets always win. Always. Buffalo in 2005, Kansas City in 2007, etc. Never fails.

If we have a chance to improve our draft stock, we will indeed **** it up. And to make it even better Sanchez will look competent giving them something to point to for the idiotic part of the fan base. Here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    No way.

These are the games the Jets always win. Always. Buffalo in 2005, Kansas City in 2007, etc. Never fails.

If we have a chance to improve our draft stock, we will indeed **** it up. And to make it even better Sanchez will look competent giving them something to point to for the idiotic part of the fan base. Here we go!
    Indeed. Classic Jest: Do little enough to not succeed, but not enough to make anything change.

Braylon Edwards ‏@OfficialBraylon
    Lmao. A bills fan just tried to hit our bus with a snow ball but instead he slipped and bust his ass and his beef spilled on him.

Jets Insider VIP
    watch the game

root for the Jets

hope they play a great game and fall short in overtime cementing a top 10 draft pick in April

then enjoy the evening

and get ready to celebrate with Joy the removals of Tanny, Tony and Timmy from their jobs tomorrow in the AM

that will be the true beginning of Happy New Year 2013 festivities

JetsInsider.com Legend

Go Bills! Jets Suck! Bye Rex!

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 12-30-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    watch the game

root for the Jets

hope they play a great game and fall short in overtime cementing a top 10 draft pick in April

then enjoy the evening

and get ready to celebrate with Joy the removals of Tanny, Tony and Timmy from their jobs tomorrow in the AM

that will be the true beginning of Happy New Year 2013 festivities
    Can you believe we're mere hours away from breaking up with Bow? Praisedalujah.

Hall Of Fame
    McDawg, you're back

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Go Bills!

SAR I
    In an odd turn of events, I've found myself agreeing with you ever since @Tennessee. Short term suffering for future hope.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    McDawg, you're back
    Ain't no river wide enough to keep me from gettin' to you, babe.

Jets Insider VIP
    welcome back McGinley

you've been missed

and YES

Teblow pack your cult up and yall GTFO of here Monday morning

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    Greg McElroy traveled to Buffalo (flew) with concussion
    . Ellis Lankster did not. Unclear why when Rex ruled him out earlier in week.

All Pro
    No worries fellas. With Sanchez starting, we are a lock to lose. This has a Mark 3 pick special written all over it.