Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Namath dislikes Tony Sparano hire

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    as I said I have withdrawn my comments

Joe Namath was a great player for the NY Jets in the 60s and early 70s and should be honored for it

what has happened to his life since is not relevant to this fact
    agreed but most if not all of us drink because of the ny jets.

i too would want to kiss suzy kolber in a drunken state.

Joe has all but recovered from the ' I wan to kiss you ' fiasco .... His commentary on the jets as become focused and thoughtful. He is a fan and a hero of the game when it was actually difficult to play QB. Nothing but respect.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Joe has all but recovered from the ' I wan to kiss you ' fiasco .... His commentary on the jets as become focused and thoughtful. He is a fan and a hero of the game when it was actually difficult to play QB. Nothing but respect.
    +1

Joe has been right 90% of the time and knows more about football right now than any of you wanna bees. I wish all you Joe bashers would just STFU and let us fan enjoy our Elder Statesmen. This character assassination stuff is really offensive. We've all got our foilbes. They've got nothing to do with football expertise.

Bingo.

Felt so bad for him on Hard Knocks when everyone basically brushed him off as just some out-of-touch old guy. The man is a legend and knows exactly what's going on in the organization and is one of the few who can tell when something isn't right.

Joe knows.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    This is News! Say it B-4 the hire not after the season Joe. we all hated the Soprano hire after the season.,
    That's why the article is dated January 13, 2012...

Hall Of Fame
    Mods should change the thread title to include the date. Although the date is clearly shown it can be a little misleading bc we regularly have threads about Joe's latest critiques.

Jets Insider VIP
    Howd Ol Joe feel about the Tebow deal----- Nuff said , he didnt like that signing either. Perhaps he is smarter than some a-holes give him credit for. The guy is still a huge Jet fan. And without him we would be the Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions etc. I guess he wants no part of coaching but I bet he could make Sanchez a lil better

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    This is News! Say it B-4 the hire not after the season Joe. we all hated the Soprano hire after the season.,
    He did, I guess you didn't notice the date.

I love Namath like the grandpa I never had. He' s been dead on w/Tebow, Soprano & it's great he ripped the Jets for lack of talent essentially taking a warranted shot @ management!