Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason LaCanfora: Jets expected to pursue Turner for OC

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Jason LaCanfora: Jets expected to pursue Turner for OC

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Of that coaching group mentioned- Jets expected to pursue Turner for OC job, and Shurmur could end up as Vikings OC

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    PLEASE be true.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would Norv go to a team with no QB and a head coach who wants to "ground and pound" when he can get a job with a QB and a team that wants to throw the ball?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would make me optimistic. Instead we'll hire another ultra-conservative "ground and pound" OC like Cam Cameron.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    norv would be a good choice and work well with Rex

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    PLEASE GOD.

Smile upon the Jets.

Only way I could remotely tolerate the buffoon coming back is of Norv coaches the offense with 100% autonomy over the offense.

And a top GM who will give Rex his fair say but not be a pushover for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    while i believe he is better than schitty and sparno he has vastly underachieved with SD so why do jets fans want him so bad am i missing something on his resume?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. Now, how's about we get rid of Cav, eh?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    while i believe he is better than schitty and sparno he has vastly underachieved with SD so why do jets fans want him so bad am i missing something on his resume?
    Because he was the HC. Some guys are not cut out for it. Many of us believe that he will excel when he goes back to his roots. The same way I think Rex would make a fine DC for some other team.

He is by far the best OC candidate on the market this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    That would make me optimistic. Instead we'll hire another ultra-conservative "ground and pound" OC like Cam Cameron.
    have to disagree ozu

Cameron has always been an agressive OC sometimes considered overly pass happy.

All his detractors the last week have posted that he stinks because he didn't use Ray Rice enough and had Flacco throwing the ball too often

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    His offense consists of Rivers, a perpetually injured Gates, and street FA WRs and he's had a top 5 offense in efficiency from 08-11.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are we rebuilding our coaching staff before hiring a new GM? This leads me to believe the Jets either k ow who their next GM is, or they are doing this totally backwards.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just told my wife that I'd do the deal to bring Norv and Rivers to the Jets. Just to get rid of Sparano and Sanchez.

That said, I don't really dig either guy. Like Marty Shoddy, I always thought Norv was a mush who would choke in a big spot. Rivers just seems like he's done. Plus, he's about as big a turnover machine as the former "golden boy" Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Just told my wife that I'd do the deal to bring Norv and Rivers to the Jets. Just to get rid of Sparano and Sanchez.

That said, I don't really dig either guy. Like Marty Shoddy, I always thought Norv was a mush who would choke in a big spot. Rivers just seems like he's done. Plus, he's about as big a turnover machine as the former "golden boy" Sanchez.
    Norv the OC is far better than Norv the coach. He had a real dynamic offense in SD for a couple years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Norv the OC is far better than Norv the coach. He had a real dynamic offense in SD for a couple years.
    I want to believe this. And, if Norv is brought in, I'll give him my full support. Unlike the perplexing Sparano signing (debacle) which I could never comprehend from day one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I want to believe this. And, if Norv is brought in, I'll give him my full support. Unlike the perplexing Sparano signing (debacle) which I could never comprehend from day one.
    That one was simple: GRURND AHND PURND DA BESS! FURLD GURLS PREFERRED DOE!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Of that coaching group mentioned- Jets expected to pursue Turner for OC job, and Shurmur could end up as Vikings OC
    I can see taking over the Lions as Head Coach.... They have a great offensive cast. Schwartz is a joke and needs to be removed. Given the number of head coaching openings , Norv will at the very least get a look which will delay us hiring him as a coordinator and also expose the Jets to losing out on other potential candidates if we wait around too long for Norv.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Turner is an improvement........his OC success has been due to having very good QB's. Sanchez would have to be cut

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    How are we rebuilding our coaching staff before hiring a new GM? This leads me to believe the Jets either k ow who their next GM is, or they are doing this totally backwards.
    I'll go for the second option

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    PLEASE GOD.

Smile upon the Jets.

Only way I could remotely tolerate the buffoon coming back is of Norv coaches the offense with 100% autonomy over the offense.

And a top GM who will give Rex his fair say but not be a pushover for him.
    Haven't been to church in a couple weeks now I have a reason to pray!