Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norv Turner & Phillip Rivers to NY

Norv Turner & Phillip Rivers to NY

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Per source, #Jets have had internal talks about hiring Norv as the OC AND trading Sanchez to SD for in a deal that will bring Rivers to NY.
    Wow, if they could actually pull this off

Jets Insider VIP
    I'll wait until someone more credible reports it.

Hall Of Fame
    So the first thing the new GM in San Diego is going to do is trade Rivers for Sanchez??? LOL. Not a good start to a new regime.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So the first thing the new GM in San Diego is going to do is trade Rivers for Sanchez??? LOL. Not a good start to a new regime.
    And who exactly are they negotiating with, a phantom unnamed new regime?

Steiny is a joke, almost akin to Incarcerated Bob. The guy talks up Ricky Sapp like he's Terell Suggs every week, and is constantly saying stuff like "The Jets LOVE Demarcus Ganaway!" and crap like that. This is a dump, and so should all future Steiny references.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Wow, if they could actually pull this off
    San Diego can take Holmes guarantee and Sanchez guarantee. Norv would probably work for free he has such a good relationship with Rex, and Rivers' personality is tailor made for NY. and i almost forgot they can take Harris and his Guarantee too. Wow three players for one.

I have no idea who Jake Steinberg is but that would be AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I'll wait until someone more credible reports it.
    Right? After you said something I looked at the name and was all like, "Fuuuuuuuuuu".

Still don't see any logical reason as to why SD would trade Rivers. And what, leave them a huge hole at the most important position??

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Still don't see any logical reason as to why SD would trade Rivers. And what, leave them a huge hole at the most important position??
    My guess would be that they're looking to rebuild and that Rivers is seen as being "not that good".

All League
    This seems very unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The new GM wont have personnel authority. John Spanos will control everything.

Jets Insider VIP
    what's incarcerated bob's take on this "report"???

All Pro
    I could see this their new gm wouldn't want rivers becaue he is norv's guy and so why not bring sanchez back to his roots where he may be better.

some qb's can play in the cold and some can't sanchez is to hollywood/warm weather.

does anyone have his stats in how he does in warmer/dome games rather than home/cold?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    what's incarcerated bob's take on this "report"???
    False. It conflicts with his report of Belichick and Brady to NYJ for Tebow and Rex.

All League
    So we don't know who the Jets GM will be or the Chargers GM or HC is and there's rumors about a trade?

This is so dumb except as hotstove fantasy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nobody is trading for Sanchez. The sooner everybody realizes this the better.

Hall Of Fame
    Yea. Sanchez and a #1 probably.

Deal killer for me. I like Rivers but there is no quick-fix for us. We need all the picks and cap space we can get.

LOL at Steinberg. Kid is so wrong about everything and somehow he has Jets Street Cred. Wish someone would compile his "best hits" from the summer...WR Ganaway is the next randy moss, RB Griffin will easily make the team, Ricky Sapp is the Clemson Dware. Not to mention he relentlessly name drops to boost his coolness. He basically makes TJB unreadable.

The fact that little steiny is reporting this is actually a great indicator that it WON'T happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    I could see this their new gm wouldn't want rivers becaue he is norv's guy and so why not bring sanchez back to his roots where he may be better.

some qb's can play in the cold and some can't sanchez is to hollywood/warm weather.

does anyone have his stats in how he does in warmer/dome games rather than home/cold?
    LOL...really? The new GM would rather trade away a proven QB for a total s**t show of a QB just because Rivers was "Turners guy"?? Please think about that for a second.

And Rex has something planned for today that will change football forever