Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

Thread: Norv Turner & Phillip Rivers to NY

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Norv may be (or was) a better OC than HC, but his success was a decade ago.
    Chargers scored the second most points in the AFC in 2010 and the most points in the AFC in 2009.

    Facts shmacts, right?

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,596
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Chargers scored the second most points in the AFC in 2010 and the most points in the AFC in 2009.

    Facts shmacts, right?
    Wrong.

    Norv was HC in '09 and '10.

    Jets beat SD in the '09 AFC Divisional and SD missed the playoffs in '10.

    You call that "success"? LOL

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Wrong.

    Norv was HC in '09 and '10.

    Jets beat SD in the '09 AFC Divisional and SD missed the playoffs in '10.

    You call that "success"? LOL
    1- We aren't bringing him in to be HC.

    2- Whether they succeeded in the playoffs or not does not change the FACT that their offense was one of the best in the league in 09 and 10.

    Nice try.

  4. #44
    Jewish football reporters...uh huh.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,762
    This would be a dream come true

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    Maybe if the Cowboys miss the playoffs Jerry Jones will clean house and the Jets can hire Jason Garrett as OC and Rex's fat brother as DC.
    One Ryan is more than enough.

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,596
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    1- We aren't bringing him in to be HC.
    That's another reason why you have no point.

    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post

    2- Whether they succeeded in the playoffs or not does not change the FACT that their offense was one of the best in the league in 09 and 10.
    Again, Norv wasn't the OC.

    Pay attention.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,762
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post



    Again, Norv wasn't the OC.

    Pay attention.
    So?

    It was still Norv's offense.

    Pettine is our DC, but everyone knows that Rex calls the shots.

  9. #49
    I'd take norv but I really don't want to give up a top ten pick for rivers

  10. #50
    Rivers has had his struggles recently, but at this point he looks like Joe Montana compared to the QBs currently on the roster.

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,814
    Never trade a #1 pick for Rivers.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So?

    It was still Norv's offense.

    Pettine is our DC, but everyone knows that Rex calls the shots.
    I gave up arguing with him, he just doesn't get it. Its Rex's defense in NY and its Norv's offense in SD. Whether there is a separate OC or DC doesn't change who gets credit or blame for their respective units.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Never trade a #1 pick for Rivers.
    yeah no doubt. I'd offer them a second and reluctantly at that

  14. #54
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So?

    It was still Norv's offense.

    Pettine is our DC, but everyone knows that Rex calls the shots.
    Norv's greatest success as OC was in Dallas in the early nineties was my point.

    If the best years you can find since are '09 & '10 in SD when he was HC, then how does losing to the Jets in the '09 AFC Div and missing the playoffs in '10 equate to "success"?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Norv's greatest success as OC was in Dallas in the early nineties was my point.

    If the best years you can find since are '09 & '10 in SD when he was HC, then how does losing to the Jets in the '09 AFC Div and missing the playoffs in '10 equate to "success"?
    He had SD in top 10 scoring offense for like 5 years. When the hell have the Jets ever been in the top 10 of scoring? Have we even cracked top 15?

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,247
    Called it.

  17. #57
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    What an upgrade, we trade the guy with the most turnovers in tge last 2 years for the guy who is second in that list

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,596
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I gave up arguing with him, he just doesn't get it. Its Rex's defense in NY and its Norv's offense in SD. Whether there is a separate OC or DC doesn't change who gets credit or blame for their respective units.
    You don't get it. This is about finding a new Jets OC.

    You're trying to use '09 and '10 as examples of Norv's "success" but he couldn't beat the Jets in the '09 playoffs and he got nowhere in '10.

    You have no point, just a fruitless argument even if I let you toggle between "Norv's a great OC & bad HC" and "when he's HC he's also the OC."

    Bottom line, your point is Norv is great because he lost to the Jets in the '09 Divisional and missed the playoffs in '10.




    .
    Last edited by jetrider; 12-30-2012 at 05:01 PM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    yeah no doubt. I'd offer them a second and reluctantly at that
    No way a second, I'd do a 4th, maybe a 3rd. Rivers is on the decline, he's an upgrade over Sanchez but so is Kyle Orton, so that is not saying much at all

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    No way a second, I'd do a 4th, maybe a 3rd. Rivers is on the decline, he's an upgrade over Sanchez but so is Kyle Orton, so that is not saying much at all
    yeah but keep in mind you're also paying them to get rid of sanchez as well. I'd think his contract makes him negative trade value

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us