Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Keep Cro resign Landry...Trade Revis for picks~

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We would get more from trading Cromartie then trading Revis now...I would trade Cro for a 1 and a player right now.....take his salary and sign Landry or Braylon...Draft and coach up a CB....we dont need big money tied up in CB's....we have bigger needs on O...CB's dont win superbowls...i wouldnt mind trading Cro to Minn for someone like Percy Harvin and a high pick...

We need game breakers at skill positions..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    We would get more from trading Cromartie then trading Revis now...I would trade Cro for a 1 and a player right now.....take his salary and sign Landry or Braylon...Draft and coach up a CB....we dont need big money tied up in CB's....we have bigger needs on O...CB's dont win superbowls...i wouldnt mind trading Cro to Minn for someone like Percy Harvin and a high pick...

We need game breakers at skill positions..
    Harvin AND a high pick for Cro ? Are you serious ? They wouldn't even trade Harvin straight up for Cro.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    No- Revis is the only untouchable player we have.
    Agree agree... Cromartie and David Harris are aging. Both had great seasons so we can get max value in a trade.

No way we trade the best corner on the planet. Shutdown corners are about as rare as tits on a bull.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Harvin AND a high pick for Cro ? Are you serious ? They wouldn't even trade Harvin straight up for Cro.
    why?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    why?
    Because Percy Harvin, the former FLORIDA GATOR, is a future HOFer.

Plus, quit trying to trade Cro. He played his a$$ off this season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Because Percy Harvin, the former FLORIDA GATOR, is a future HOFer.

Plus, quit trying to trade Cro. He played his a$$ off this season.
    Percy Harvin HOFer? i hope that was sarcastic....I dont like the idea of trading Cro either, but we have bigger needs on the offensive side of the ball.......like QB, OL and playmakers....You look at the offensive side of the ball you tell me who do you consider a "playmaker"?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Percy Harvin HOFer? i hope that was sarcastic....I dont like the idea of trading Cro either, but we have bigger needs on the offensive side of the ball.......like QB, OL and playmakers....You look at the offensive side of the ball you tell me who do you consider a "playmaker"?
    Oh, I agree with you that the O has bigger needs than the D, no question about it. I just hate the idea of trading Cro when he really stepped up this year and was willing to play any position in order to help the team. Find someone else to cut

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Revis coming off an injury still has a higher trade value than Cro. Trade Revis, keep Cro and do something worthwhile with whatever you get for Revis.

Now, Revis for Harvin and a pick would be nice.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    why?
    Because Harvin is a dynamic playmaker while Cro is "only" a very good CB (at least this year). Comes down to difference in value of the positions they play.

For example, a healthy Revis is the best CB in the game. You think Green Bay would trade the best QB in the game, Aaron Rodgers for Revis ? Of course not, QB is much more valuable than CB.

How about Adrian Petersen, the best RB in the league. Think the Vikings would trade him straight up for a healthy Revis ?

Or how about JJ Watt ? Or JPP ?

Again, the constraint is the value of the position. CB just isn't on the same footing as a LB, DE, QB or RB like Petersen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Because Harvin is a dynamic playmaker while Cro is "only" a very good CB (at least this year). Comes down to difference in value of the positions they play.

For example, a healthy Revis is the best CB in the game. You think Green Bay would trade the best QB in the game, Aaron Rodgers for Revis ? Of course not, QB is much more valuable than CB.

How about Adrian Petersen, the best RB in the league. Think the Vikings would trade him straight up for a healthy Revis ?

Or how about JJ Watt ? Or JPP ?

Again, the constraint is the value of the position. CB just isn't on the same footing as a LB, DE, QB or RB like Petersen.
    The Redskins once traded Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis..no reason why it cant happen again...CB i would think would be extremely valued since its a passing league and we happen to have 2 very good if not great corners.....if we have to lose one to gain on offense im all for it...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Redskins once traded Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis..no reason why it cant happen again...CB i would think would be extremely valued since its a passing league and we happen to have 2 very good if not great corners.....if we have to lose one to gain on offense im all for it...
    What did the Redskins won since that trade?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebow View Post
    Ummm...no.

How will you feel when he comes out in a Patriots uniform?
    Pats would never pay that much for a CB.