Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep Cro resign Landry...Trade Revis for picks~

Practice Squad

Keep Cro resign Landry...Trade Revis for picks~

If i'm the new G.M. try to get 1st and 3rd....or 2,3, and 4 for Revis.
    We gotta keep Cro...and # 30 is a ****in beast!! MUST Re-sign Landry!!!That's my call!
    discuss....

No- Revis is the only untouchable player we have.

revis is a waste of space for the next 2 years as no superbowl near. then spend revis salary on 3 new OL, along with 2 new rbs for picks, and an OLB. then we compete next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENBLOODBLITZ View Post
    If i'm the new G.M. try to get 1st and 3rd....or 2,3, and 4 for Revis.
    We gotta keep Cro...and # 30 is a ****in beast!! MUST Re-sign Landry!!!That's my call!
    discuss....
    i would trade Revis if they can get a1 and 2 but how about to seattle for Flynn and there one. Flynn might not be the answer since he could not beat out Wilson but the 1 would off set that.

Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    revis is a waste of space for the next 2 years as no superbowl near. then spend revis salary on 3 new OL, along with 2 new rbs for picks, and an OLB. then we compete next year.
    And there is always the possibility that Revis will hold out on the last year off his deal. That has been his history so why even deal with it. A good pass rush means you can win with an average secondary

Hall Of Fame
    Try to trade Revis and Mangold.

Would be a miracle if we could move Harris as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

What?

I'm all for trading Revis. He is selfish and not worth what he is going to demand in his next contract.

Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    And there is always the possibility that Revis will hold out on the last year off his deal. That has been his history so why even deal with it. A good pass rush means you can win with an average secondary
    He won't hold out since that would expand the current contract 3 more years for peanuts.

And what are you going to get with that 1 and 2? Maybe a player who is as good as Revis - if you're lucky?

What if you get another Gholston?

There's just no way that the Jets get enough value out of trading Revis at this point without running a huge risk. Hard to imagine you guys giving up the best corner in the game for what you list.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    What?
    He has turned into a blimp.

2009 is a looooong time ago.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    I agree; Revis would have made no difference this year. Sanchez is the main problem along with aging players and too many rookies learning how to play their position.

The NY Jets need draft picks. No one is untouchable

All Pro

You lost me at Mangold....

All Pro
    Revis getting hurt showed he is expendable. I doubt there were games lost because of his absence. The new rules make it nearly impossible to legally defend a WR anyway. I think this is one of the few legitimate paths to rebuilding the team. Too bad there's no franchise QB in the upcoming draft but if they could get an explosive Pro bowler type RB it could take the pressure off needing a franchise QB for a year and will still be valuable if and when that unicorn shows up.

Veteran
    trading revis for a bag of peanuts is dumb. I would trade for a mid 1st rounder and a 3rd. A 2nd round is not acceptable for a lock down corner for the next to 5-7 years.

here's a list of top 10 paid cbs this year

10- Charles Tillman 7.96
    9- Flowers 8 mill
    8- Cro 8.25
    7- Hall 8.5
    6- Joseph 9.75
    5- Hall 9.8
    4-Gamble 9.8
    3- Nnandi 11
    2- Revis 11
    1- Bailey 11.5

Now Revis clearly will need to extended by someone. He'll probably garner a 5 year 15 mill per. I think the way to go is trade Cro. He's had hsi best season and I don't know if I trust him to be that guy every year. I think you can get a 2nd rounder from a contender and maybe another lower pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    He won't hold out since that would expand the current contract 3 more years for peanuts.
    Forgot about that. Good point

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    And what are you going to get with that 1 and 2? Maybe a player who is as good as Revis - if you're lucky?

There's just no way that the Jets get enough value out of trading Revis at this point without running a huge risk. Hard to imagine you guys giving up the best corner in the game for what you list.
    We're always told by SOJF to trade down for jags and stockpile picks. They know best.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post

We'll never get a player for the rest of the Jets existence as good as Revis. We could get 2 1st for him and those guys combined wouldn't equal him.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    We'll never get a player for the rest of the Jets existence as good as Revis. We could get 2 1st for him and those guys combined wouldn't equal him.
    We don't have a Championship with him