Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72

Thread: Keep Cro resign Landry...Trade Revis for picks~

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McElroy14 View Post
    Mangold? Are you serious? The anchor of our line. and you want to trade him. Not to mention our line needs work.
    Remember when Mangold went down last year. We lost 2 games with him out.

  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Remember when Mangold went down last year. We lost 2 games with him out.
    ...and no SB with him

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McElroy14 View Post
    Mangold? Are you serious? The anchor of our line. and you want to trade him. Not to mention our line needs work.
    Dead serious.

    He is on the decline. Has been for two years. Got paid and has been out of shape since.

  4. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team doesn't need to trade Revis. We have plenty of offensive players to trade or can and speak of offensive... there's Bart Scott.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    This team doesn't need to trade Revis. We have plenty of offensive players to trade or can and speak of offensive... there's Bart Scott.
    Bart Scott is gone; too slow and old. He is no Ray Lewis. No one would want him.

    Revis is perceived as one of the best CBs in the last decade. He has value for team near the edge of greatness.

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone's getting traded it's Cromartie, not Revis. You can't trade Revis coming off a torn ACL. You'll get better value for a healthy Cromartie coming off his best year in five years than you will Revis coming off a torn ACL. Also the fact that Cromartie is due to earn $10 million next season, for a number two CB, comes into play here.

    But I'm 110% in for re-signing Landry, but I don't see where the money is coming from. Just don't.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If anyone's getting traded it's Cromartie, not Revis. You can't trade Revis coming off a torn ACL. You'll get better value for a healthy Cromartie coming off his best year in five years than you will Revis coming off a torn ACL. Also the fact that Cromartie is due to earn $10 million next season, for a number two CB, comes into play here.

    But I'm 110% in for re-signing Landry, but I don't see where the money is coming from. Just don't.
    Trade them both. The NY Jets do not have a QB and we will not win a SB with them. Get the picks.

  8. #48
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,960
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GREENBLOODBLITZ View Post
    If i'm the new G.M. try to get 1st and 3rd....or 2,3, and 4 for Revis.
    We gotta keep Cro...and # 30 is a ****in beast!! MUST Re-sign Landry!!!That's my call!
    discuss....
    This. Let them throw in the over rated locker room cancer Holmes and his contract too as part of the deal.

    Now is the time to trade Revis.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 12-30-2012 at 09:16 PM.

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea lets keep Revis and pay him 15 million a year when the Jets defense looked the same without him as previous years. The Jets have no QB, RB, WR, no pass rushing OLB, cant resign Landry because the Jets have 1/4 of the salary cap in 2 CBs or 10% tied up in Revis alone.
    So what if we cant compete for the next 5 years because all the money is tied up in Revis. Just as long as I can watch this overated sack of crap run all over and then holdout at the end of his contract. Then I can tell my friends he is the best player in the NFL screw winning the SB lets just go 6-10 again next year

    That's why this team will never win a thing because fans have man crushes on players like Revis.

  10. #50
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    ...and no SB with him
    So? It took the Colts like 8 years before they won one with Peyton Manning. You build around your key players.

    You could get the next Russel Wilson in the 2nd round of the next draft without trading away your best player and one of the top 5 at his position all-time.

    You could trade away Revis and get Mark Sanchez Jr. What then? You've now lost a guy who is the lynch pin of your defense and gained a dud.

  11. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    So? It took the Colts like 8 years before they won one with Peyton Manning. You build around your key players.

    You could get the next Russel Wilson in the 2nd round of the next draft without trading away your best player and one of the top 5 at his position all-time.

    You could trade away Revis and get Mark Sanchez Jr. What then? You've now lost a guy who is the lynch pin of your defense and gained a dud.
    The colts didn't invest QB money into a CB. Revis is not going to win a SB a franchise QB will . This defense doesn't look any worse without Revis. You are
    not building a SB team with 25% of the cap money tied up in 2 CBs. If you look at the facts and stats you will come to realize Revis really didn't have the impact on defense that the media wants you to believe. Getting rid of Revis frees up a lot of money allowing the Jets to fill holes and compete. You don't give a CB QB money.
    Last edited by nyjets1969; 12-30-2012 at 10:46 PM.

  12. #52
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GREENBLOODBLITZ View Post
    If i'm the new G.M. try to get 1st and 3rd....or 2,3, and 4 for Revis.
    We gotta keep Cro...and # 30 is a ****in beast!! MUST Re-sign Landry!!!That's my call!
    discuss....
    Revis' trade value is going to be low until he proves that he recovered from the injury. We won't get fair value for him until people see him play.

    But, his cap number is pretty high for a guy who won't be around in 2 years. With Cro and [jag] at corner, there is a good chance the Jets cut Revis in the offseason. His money would come in handy upgrading other positions.

    I say there is a 75%+ chance Revis isn't back.

  13. #53
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    still. this is the absolute worst time to trade him. get rid of him after next year when he proves he is back to form
    I disagree.

    What if he never comes back from the injury? What if he never really does regain his old form? That is an equal possibility... This team needs all kinds of help on offense. Cromartie and crew have proven they can hold the fort. The Jets have no choice but to shop him around for players/picks. We are weak in too many areas to take a chance that Revis MAY return to his old self. If he doesn't the Jets will have lost an opportunity to gain ground on offense. The answer is very plain: They've got to move Revis in the offseason. They have no choice at all.

  14. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    And let's not forget, this isn't the first Revis injury that has kept him out. Remember the recurring hamstring injury? Maybe Revis is beginning to breakdown under the high load he's under during the season. Also they're going to need some bucks to resign Landry.

    Basically the Jets can get the job done in the secondary without Revis. Revis may or may not return to form, but the Jets have to shop him while everyone in the league knows he has the potential to be a Top 3 CB in the NFL. If the Jets float his name out there there's going to be plenty of suitors for him, and right now the Jets need help. Seems pretty simple to me, the Jets will move Revis in the offseason.

  15. #55
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets look at the facts how many of the teams in the playoffs have a CB at the level of Revis in fact Dallas has top elite set of DBs and RG3 is shredding them. So to you Revis followers CBS are a dime a dozen. Where is philly they have a elite CB where are they. This man love needs to stop for the good of this team the Jets need to unload Revis.

  16. #56
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    Lets look at the facts how many of the teams in the playoffs have a CB at the level of Revis in fact Dallas has top elite set of DBs and RG3 is shredding them. So to you Revis followers CBS are a dime a dozen. Where is philly they have a elite CB where are they. This man love needs to stop for the good of this team the Jets need to unload Revis.
    Fact is the Jets already have an elite CB in Cromartie, they don't need two. What the Jets need is O-line and WR help, and moving Revis would put them in a position to fix those areas.

  17. #57
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    And let's not forget, this isn't the first Revis injury that has kept him out. Remember the recurring hamstring injury? Maybe Revis is beginning to breakdown under the high load he's under during the season. Also they're going to need some bucks to resign Landry.

    Basically the Jets can get the job done in the secondary without Revis. Revis may or may not return to form, but the Jets have to shop him while everyone in the league knows he has the potential to be a Top 3 CB in the NFL. If the Jets float his name out there there's going to be plenty of suitors for him, and right now the Jets need help. Seems pretty simple to me, the Jets will move Revis in the offseason.
    Resigning Landry should not be a priority. He's an OK safety, made the Pro Bowl because he's one of few safeties who people have heard of, and he was an improvement over the awful Eric Smith, but he's easily replaceable, a lot more so than Revis.

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    So? It took the Colts like 8 years before they won one with Peyton Manning. You build around your key players.

    You could get the next Russel Wilson in the 2nd round of the next draft without trading away your best player and one of the top 5 at his position all-time.

    You could trade away Revis and get Mark Sanchez Jr. What then? You've now lost a guy who is the lynch pin of your defense and gained a dud.
    ...or Revis could tear his other knee......

  19. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Redskins on the verge of defeating the Cowboys with scrub CBs vs Dallas Elite DBs which proves that you do not need Revis. It all comes down to defensive schemes and planning. Which shows that maybe both Ryan brothers really arent as good as people want to believe.

  20. #60
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    revis is a waste of space for the next 2 years as no superbowl near. then spend revis salary on 3 new OL, along with 2 new rbs for picks, and an OLB. then we compete next year.
    Ummm...no.

    How will you feel when he comes out in a Patriots uniform?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us