Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71

Thread: When Losing is Winning

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    I think AZ has a tough SOS as of last week anyway (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...fl-draft-order)

    So we need AZ and SD to win and we can pick 8.
    You're right...guess I was looking at it wrong

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,807
    az needs a miracle

    sd could win their game

    would that give us 9?

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,570
    I believe we now sit in the 8th spot in the draft order. Will see.

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapump View Post
    How happy are the Colts that they tanked last season?
    no andrew luck or rg3 in this draft or even a trent richardson. this is hardly the season to tank anything.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by premeteam View Post
    I believe we have jumped Tennessee. Buffalo should still pick before us based on their strength of schedule. San Diego needs to win for us to get an earlier pick (good start with the kickoff return for a TD). Even if AZ beats SF I don't believe we will pick before them. Looks like 8 or 9 right now for us.
    how is Buffalo's SOS greater than the Jets? Same exact schedule except 2 games where Jets played Pitt and SD vs. Buffalo playing Clev and KC?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    az needs a miracle

    sd could win their game

    would that give us 9?
    no, we had an easier strength of schedule than SD so we'd be ahead of them in the draft at 6-10 anyway

  7. #27
    If SD Wins & AZ Wins

    1 KC
    2 Jax
    3 Oak
    4 Philly
    5 Detroit
    6 Clev
    7 Buf
    8 NY
    9 Tenn
    10 AZ


    If SD Wins & AZ Loses

    1 KC
    2 Jax
    3 Oak
    4 Philly
    5 Detroit
    6 Clev
    7 AZ
    8 Buf
    9 NY
    10 Tenn

    If SD Loses & AZ Loses

    1 KC
    2 Jax
    3 Oak
    4 Philly
    5 Detroit
    6 Clev
    7 AZ
    8 SD
    9 Buf
    10 NY
    11 Tenn

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,751
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    how is Buffalo's SOS greater than the Jets? Same exact schedule except 2 games where Jets played Pitt and SD vs. Buffalo playing Clev and KC?
    Their schedule was a bit easier so they pick ahead of us?

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,807
    correct

    the team that lost the same number of games to the easier schedule is presumed worser and picks first

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Their schedule was a bit easier so they pick ahead of us?
    Yes, but it was posted numerous times on this site if the Jets lose today we finish in last place. Depending on today's outcome, Jets could''ve been as high as 2nd in AFCE or in last with a loss to Buffalo. Was that info wrong?

  11. #31
    Picking #8 instead of #9 is fools gold. It's not an answer to a teams problems.

    Being a loser or losing team is far worse than picking 2 spots later.

    I'll take an 8-8 2nd place Jets picking 14th over a 6-10 last place Jets picking 8th.

    As a reminder, Ghost, D-Rob and Sanchez all picked very high.

    Mangold, Revis and Harris, all drafted late in the first.

    Where you pick is not the answer, it's who you pick.
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-30-2012 at 06:01 PM.

  12. #32
    suck for Barkley

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,202
    Wasn't Revis #7 overall?

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

    Where you pick is not the answer, it's who you pick.
    Well Obviously. But if the "who" is gone because you are picking 6 picks later, it does matter.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wasn't Revis #7 overall?
    #14

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Well Obviously. But if the "who" is gone because you are picking 6 picks later, it does matter.
    There is always a who worth picking. Always.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,751
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wasn't Revis #7 overall?
    14

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Picking #8 instead of #9 is fools gold. It's not an answer to a teams problems.

    Being a loser or losing team is far worse than picking 2 spots later.

    I'll take an 8-8 2nd place Jets picking 14th over a 6-10 last place Jets picking 8th.

    As a reminder, Ghost, D-Rob and Sanchez all picked very high.

    Mangold, Revis and Harris, all drafted late in the first.

    Where you pick is not the answer, it's who you pick.
    tell that to the colts, lucky SOBs.. They didnt need to decide who, although RG3 wouldnt have been a bad pick..and It would have been easier to trade up for RG3 at the 8th if Sanchez tanked last year.. Not only being closer to trade up for If he was this bad last yr MT probably would, or SHOULD have tried..

    Revis wasnt late, was 14th pick, I believe we even traded up for him..

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    tell that to the colts, lucky SOBs.
    Colts are unique.

    They lost one of the GOAT QB's. They then bombed horribly, and many say on purpose, losing almost every game right from the start. They then Lucked' into another great QB draft with another great QB (one of THREE they could get).

    We were never losing 15 games in 2012.

    There is no Luck or RGIII for us to lose out for in this draft.

    8th or 14th, makes absolutely no difference in this forthcoming weak draft class.

    Like I said, root for what you like. I root for the Jets to win, and would prefer a respectable 8-8 2nd place finish to a pathetic drama-ridden fans in rveolt rooting for losses last place 6-10 season.

    If you prefer what we have now, so be it.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by premeteam View Post
    If SD Wins & AZ Wins

    1 KC
    2 Jax
    3 Oak
    4 Philly
    5 Detroit
    6 Clev
    7 Buf
    8 NY
    9 Tenn
    10 AZ


    If SD Wins & AZ Loses

    1 KC
    2 Jax
    3 Oak
    4 Philly
    5 Detroit
    6 Clev
    7 AZ
    8 Buf
    9 NY
    10 Tenn

    If SD Loses & AZ Loses

    1 KC
    2 Jax
    3 Oak
    4 Philly
    5 Detroit
    6 Clev
    7 AZ
    8 SD
    9 Buf
    10 NY
    11 Tenn
    post a link I am almost certain it doesn't matter what either of them do. SD picks after us and Zona picks before regardless I believe. We beat Zona and SD beat us. I'm ready to say we pick 9th.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us