Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 206

Thread: and with the #9 pick the NY Jets select...

  1. #81
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The only thing I would like is if they traded down(I think that's what you mean) and got more picks back.

    Jets DEFINITELY need help in just about every position...
    Was I not clear?


  2. #82
    Are you all crazy???

    If this team goes anywhere near a defensive player in the first 2 rounds the new GM should be fired on the spot.

    What team have you guys been watching??? Defense is not thus teams problem.

  3. #83
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,515
    Trading down for lower grade players in a weak draft - nay I say

  4. #84
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,991
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Are you all crazy???

    If this team goes anywhere near a defensive player in the first 2 rounds the new GM should be fired on the spot.

    What team have you guys been watching??? Defense is not thus teams problem.
    QB and OT are the only offensive positions that could possibly warrant a high draft pick in this crop of prospects, and even QB is arguable. And you already have DBrick so you're ok with using a top 10 pick on a RT?

  5. #85
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan66 View Post
    trade down aquire some extra picks this AND next year. draft warmack to be a STUD OG and then have the extra picks to pick BAP
    I'm with you guy's..Warmack would be my pick to fix that O-line

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    we CANNOT pick a DLineman in 1st round for 3rd time in a row.. Mo and Coples great picks, but HUGE holes everyone but Dline and secondary..
    He's not a defensive lineman.

    We've done a horrible job acquiring and evaluating edge rushers under Tanny's regime. Not surprising that we haven't had a double digit sacker since Tanny took over. We've drafted exactly one edge rusher, Gholston who flopped terribly, and have signed exactly one free agent starter (Pace). Our last double digit sack season was when Abe was here. Pathetic.

  7. #87
    green lb rutgers.

  8. #88
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Trading down for lower grade players in a weak draft - nay I say
    There are no cant miss guys, no sure fire stars... So my theory is get more of them and you have a better shot at finding a good one.

  9. #89
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    green lb rutgers.
    He's projected as a 2nd rounder by most.

    He's also 6'1", 230 - just a little small by NFL standards.

  10. #90
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,641
    The #Jets will have the 9th pick in the 2013 NFL draft. #nyj

  11. #91
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,024
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    There are no cant miss guys, no sure fire stars... So my theory is get more of them and you have a better shot at finding a good one.
    The whole trade down scenario sounds great in theory, but in practice it is not that easy. First there has to be someone that a team covets to trade up for, then the price has to be right to justify trading out. This draft is pretty weak at the top half of it, at least as far as major impact players. I just dont see who the player that is going to be sitting there when the Jets pick, that is going to make a team want to give up something to move up for.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    QB and OT are the only offensive positions that could possibly warrant a high draft pick in this crop of prospects, and even QB is arguable. And you already have DBrick so you're ok with using a top 10 pick on a RT?
    Yes. I'm okay with stacking the o-line, trading down or anything to help with offense. The defense is serviceable. The offense is Incrdibly pathetic - we need help on offense and should put any resources to the offense.

  13. #93
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,454
    Quote Originally Posted by ratliff5 View Post
    Chance warmack.
    +1

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Was I not clear?

    You said "Trade BACK".

    I'm not sure that's the correct term...

  15. #95
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The whole trade down scenario sounds great in theory, but in practice it is not that easy. First there has to be someone that a team covets to trade up for, then the price has to be right to justify trading out. This draft is pretty weak at the top half of it, at least as far as major impact players. I just dont see who the player that is going to be sitting there when the Jets pick, that is going to make a team want to give up something to move up for.
    There will be someone up there that another team wants. Maybe the LT from Texas A&M to the Colts?

    I agree that it's tough to pull off but so many other teams do it all the time, so it's not that tough.

  16. #96
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You said "Trade BACK".

    I'm not sure that's the correct term...
    Lol oh ok

    wasn't too hard to figure out was it?

  17. #97
    We should just let mel kiper makeourpick .he is better than the clowns we got scouting

    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

  18. #98
    If we take an OT in the first round I'd go totally ballistic.

  19. #99
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,024
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    There will be someone up there that another team wants. Maybe the LT from Texas A&M to the Colts?

    I agree that it's tough to pull off but so many other teams do it all the time, so it's not that tough.
    Who Joeckel?? He will be gone by the 9th pick. The Jets could realistically have their pick of Werner, Mingo or Jordan sitting there when they pick.

    The value matches the need with those guys.

  20. #100
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,454
    The best OL in the draft this year is Warmack and it's by far. He's the best OG prospect to come out in years. You plug him in to start day 1 and find another OG to fill Slauson and Moores shoes. Slauson is actually a good/great backup if he's resigned as such b/c he can play center as well as guard.

    If we pick in the top 10 we should have a shot at him. Jarvis Jones won't be there when we pick. He's a top 5 talent and someone will pick him. And no one in this draft is really worth trading up for, but you never know.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us