Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 206

Thread: and with the #9 pick the NY Jets select...

  1. #161
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like
    8th would b nice

  2. #162
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I can think of 2 players.

    rick Ferguson and Darrelle Revis.
    I was talking about what guy in the draft is someone going to give up a first round pick to move up to #9 for. People act like teams are going to hand over a fistful of draft picks for the 9th pick in this years draft.

  3. #163
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    People were talking about 7th before the Buffalo game and hoping for a loss, and they move up two spots?

  4. #164
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Dion Jordan or Chance Warmack please.
    Way too early for both those guys.

  5. #165
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I was talking about what guy in the draft is someone going to give up a first round pick to move up to #9 for. People act like teams are going to hand over a fistful of draft picks for the 9th pick in this years draft.
    What would the Bears give up to get 1 of the top OLT in this draft.

  6. #166
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are either going to go OLB or OL in this draft. Those are the two strengths of this first round.

  7. #167
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    We are either going to go OLB or OL in this draft. Those are the two strengths of this first round.
    Depending on who falls DT could also be a possiblilty if we stay put but OL would be the best move if the players fall right.

    With a QB or LT to use as trade bait, trading down a few spots might be to our advantage.

  8. #168
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    What would the Bears give up to get 1 of the top OLT in this draft.
    Joeckel will be gone by 9 and it depends on how they feel about Lewan. My guess is that they will not give up a one to trade to the 9th spot.

  9. #169
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You just described the Jets.
    You're straying from the point.

    There is a decent chance that some team will like some player enough to trade up with the Jets and that's all I can hope for at this point because there are soooo many holes to fill.

  10. #170
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Dion Jordan or Chance Warmack please.
    Dion Jordan = Aldon Smith 2.0

  11. #171
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Dion Jordan = Aldon Smith 2.0
    Nah man it's too early.


    I love these draftologists who overanalyze this stuff. That's how you end up with Vernon Gholston instead of Joe Flacco. Warmack & Jordan are both being talked about as in the 8-12 range anyway.

  12. #172
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I watch a lot of Geno. He ain't got NFL staying ability. Perhaps as a Brad Smith.

    Vince Young , Dixon were both better.
    Geno Smith has very little in common with Vince Young and Dennis Dixon (beyond race and position). The latter two were scramblers, Smith is a pocket passer. There is no way that Geno Smith could play a Brad Smith role.

  13. #173
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just woke up from having a dream about it, in which: Jets wind up with two first round picks (don't know by what means). First pick is a new center under the assumption that: Nick Mangold is chunky, expensive, and won't be ANY good once the team is. Pretty stupid dream, half-stupid decision.

  14. #174
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Dion Jordan = Aldon Smith 2.0
    No way. He's nowhere near the pass rusher smith is.

    Jordan = Bryan Thomas 2.0

  15. #175
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    No way. He's nowhere near the pass rusher smith is.

    Jordan = Bryan Thomas 2.0
    Jordan is all about athleticism and his immense potential and freakish ability. Every analysis I've read on this guy says that...size, fluid hips, quickness, pass rush skills, coverage ability, frame to get bigger/stronger (6' 7" 240+). Sounds like an interesting prospect.

    Bryan Thomas? Poor comparison...very poor.

  16. #176
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bryan Thomas was a freak athlete coming out of UAB. Big reason he went in the first was because he ran a 4.47 at the combine.

  17. #177
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Bryan Thomas? Poor comparison...very poor.
    Actually it's not. See quote below...

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Bryan Thomas was a freak athlete coming out of UAB. Big reason he went in the first was because he ran a 4.47 at the combine.
    Thomas was always a very athletic player, who was great at stopping the run and was very good in coverage. But he was never a great pass rusher.

    That's exactly what Jordan is like.

  18. #178
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YorkPAJetsFan View Post
    Just woke up from having a dream about it, in which: Jets wind up with two first round picks (don't know by what means). First pick is a new center under the assumption that: Nick Mangold is chunky, expensive, and won't be ANY good once the team is. Pretty stupid dream, half-stupid decision.
    Just admit it.. you had a dream about Holly Mangold.

  19. #179
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    992
    Post Thanks / Like
    An OL or LB. Our two biggest needs. We need to cut Pace, Scott, Thomas at LB. Moore is probably gone, and Howard needs to be replaced.

  20. #180
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    An OL or LB. Our two biggest needs. We need to cut Pace, Scott, Thomas at LB. Moore is probably gone, and Howard needs to be replaced.
    We need OL and a skill position player in the higher rounds...NO ****ING way we draft defense in the higher rounds.....our offense is the main reason we suck...not the D...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us