Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: and with the #9 pick the NY Jets select...

Jets Insider VIP
    Looks like we're locked in to the 9th pick

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Looks like we're locked in to the 9th pick
    Lets hope someone wants to move up to 9 to take Barkley and gives us an extra 2 and even 3...THAT would be awesome!!!!

I'm convinced that good drafting teams always take the BAP. In other words, they always wait for good players to come to them, and no matter what position they play, they get selected, even if it creates a log jam at a particular spot.

I still say the Jets new GM should select the best BAP on their board when their pick comes up. Now, if that BAP is also a NEED position? Then great, best of both worlds. But they should never reach just to fill a need.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Lets hope someone wants to move up to 9 to take Barkley and gives us an extra 2 and even 3...THAT would be awesome!!!!
    Trading back and drafting Warmack would be ideal..add Joseph randle or Bernard in the 2nd

Giovanni Bernard, RB from UNC. We need a gamebreaker at a skill position and the kid is the truth!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    Trading back and drafting Warmack would be ideal..add Joseph randle or Bernard in the 2nd
    If we want Warmack, we'll probably have to take him at #9.

And unless someone like Geno, Moore, or Teo falls...I'd be all in favor of it.

Warmack can, and most likely will, make an impact from day one.

The same can't be said about some project passrusher like Mingo or Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If we want Warmack, we'll probably have to take him at #9.

And unless someone like Geno, Moore, or Teo falls...I'd be all in favor of it.

Warmack can, and most likely will, make an impact from day one.

The same can't be said about some project passrusher like Mingo or Jordan.
    Agreed.. It's been a while since weve had a Brick/Mangold type draft. Id have no problem adding elite OL talent over a project pass rusher.. If Moore or Jones somehow fell then thats another story lol. The board probably disagrees like they did with the idea of DeCastro last year but Warmack would be a smart pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Must be offense, along with virtually every other pick we have, same as what Indy did this past April.
    Nope. Can't reach for need. OLB will be the best on the board when we pick, and it fills a need. There are no big time offensive players available at 9, unless you want to go O-Line.

I'd rather sure up the D and get the pass rusher this D has been lacking to get to the elite level. The D is closer to grayness than the

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Dion Jordan = Aldon Smith 2.0
    Aldon Smith has not had a sack since Justin Smith has been injured. Pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Aldon Smith has not had a sack since Justin Smith has been injured. Pretty interesting.
    I think the jordan-aldon comparisons are pretty spot on.

Def an interesting stat that you posted, but also not surprising....the SF Dline is pretty weak, lot of "space eaters" there with 2 dominant guys in the 2 smiths. Once you take justin away, its pretty easy to double team aldon.

Personally I think jordan offers A LOT of versatility as he dropped into coverage a lot with Oregon, and on a Dline with wilkerson and coples would nto be able to be double teamed.

Would be thrilled with him as our pick....focus on someone like barret jones in the 2nd round to help the oline and then go from there.

Would be thrilled with Dion Jordan. He has a hard worker mentality and the athetlicsm is fantastic. Very long and very active as well. Coverage is great aspect but that shouldn't matter considering he'll only do it 10% of the time. What makes a pick like him worth while is 100% having to do with how he rushes the passer.

Someone like Mingo I'm going back and forth on. The guy is a bright guy, and they typically figure out to be players. Not sure he's violent enough though. Crazy athleticism however.

Either way, there are plenty of outside pass rushers in this draft... Guys like Brandon Jenkins could be had after the first round and I absolutely think he'll be good in this league. Just don't know if he's an 8 sack guy or a 12 sack guy.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    When it comes to Barkleys, I'd rather pick Charles than Matt.
    When it come to Charles's I'd rather pick Manson than Barkley.

If we draft an OLB in the 1st 2nd, and either 3rd or 4th rounders better be Oline. Its hurting as it is and has no depth. Ducasse ok, as long as hes on the bench good for depth but if hes starting going to be another long year..

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Here's the top 10 pickers!

No. Team W-L Strength of schedule

1 Kansas City Chiefs 2-14 .516

2 Jacksonville Jaguars 2-14 .539

3 Oakland Raiders 4-12 .469

4 Philadelphia Eagles 4-12 .508

5 Detroit Lions 4-12 .566

6 Cleveland Browns 5-11 .508

7 Arizona Cardinals 5-11 .559

8 Buffalo Bills 6-10 .480

9 New York Jets 6-10 .512

10 Tennessee Titans 6-10 .512

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    If we draft an OLB in the 1st 2nd, and either 3rd or 4th rounders better be Oline. Its hurting as it is and has no depth. Ducasse ok, as long as hes on the bench good for depth but if hes starting going to be another long year..
    O-line was solid this year... PFF says as much and they have no bias. The positions that hurt this year were the skill positions. Injuries were a big time problem and the QB sucked horribly.

What i would do for Jarvis Jones...

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    What i would do for Jarvis Jones...

Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    When it come to Charles's I'd rather pick Manson than Barkley.
    Sr Charles was awesome.

Well, gonna go out on a limb now and say Glennon will be available with our pick.

Really don't know where teams go. There are teams that ABSOLUTELY need a QB, but there really aren't 1st round QBs this year. A few will go in the first round, but I don't know that they warrant it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Trade down and take barkley and a running back at the end of the 1st round.
    LOL. Another USC QB. Or is the one that finally doesn't suck?

Regardless of whom they pick, the Jets need an immediate impact player with their 1st overall.