Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 is Rebuilding year

First things first release Scott, Pace, Tebow, Smith(OL), and Pouha.

Second...don't resign Greene, Moore, Slauson, Schilens, and Thomas

Third....Trade Sanchez to Seattle for Flynn. One bad contract for another. Better for both players careers.

Fourth...Try to resign Landry, Bell, Keller, Hillard, Edwards, and Folk

Fifth....Draft best available RB or OLB in round one and two. We need a stud at both positions. Third round go OL. Fourth round go QB. Fifth round OL or OLB same for 6th round.

Sixth....Feel out Revis and if an amicable deal is not going to happen deal him for at least a 1st and 3rd.

Seventh.....Round out the roster with Free agents and undrafted free agents.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Why would Norv come here?
    $$$ and a challenge! Rex runs D he runs Offense

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by aztec321 View Post
    First things first release Scott, Pace, Tebow, Smith(OL), and Pouha.

Second...don't resign Greene, Moore, Slauson, Schilens, and Thomas

Third....Trade Sanchez to Seattle for Flynn. One bad contract for another. Better for both players careers.

Fourth...Try to resign Landry, Bell, Keller, Hillard, Edwards, and Folk

Fifth....Draft best available RB or OLB in round one and two. We need a stud at both positions. Third round go OL. Fourth round go QB. Fifth round OL or OLB same for 6th round.

Sixth....Feel out Revis and if an amicable deal is not going to happen deal him for at least a 1st and 3rd.

Seventh.....Round out the roster with Free agents and undrafted free agents.

What do you think?
    The Revis situation is critical. Klecko and Schein said the same thing regarding Revis. If he indicates that he wants a deal and/or he may not report to camp, they would deal him. I feel the same way. Do we really want to see Revis hold out again?

Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    The Revis situation is critical. Klecko and Schein said the same thing regarding Revis. If he indicates that he wants a deal and/or he may not report to camp, they would deal him. I feel the same way. Do we really want to see Revis hold out again?
    With all the distractions that's one that the Jets can ill afford.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Jets rebuilding years:

and yet again in 2014.

My bet is, they`ll be rebuilding forever until they actually win another SB, which may never come again. At least in most of our lives anyway.
    Don't think that is a fair assessment. There were some good teams in there. Just sayin

Will not be a rebuild we don't have the cap for a rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Will not be a rebuild we don't have the cap for a rebuild.
    Then we better make cap room because we simply don't have the players to challenge.

All Pro
    If u are going to rebuild, then tear down the team and rebuild it. The Jets don't have the cap space to reshape the team, so the best plan of attack is to rebuild.

Get rid of all the big non performing contracts and a few players who have value around the league.

I know how valuable Jets fans believe Revis and Ferguson are to the Jets,but with this team the way it is,i say trade them both and move on from them and their contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    If u are going to rebuild, then tear down the team and rebuild it. The Jets don't have the cap space to reshape the team, so the best plan of attack is to rebuild.

Get rid of all the big non performing contracts and a few players who have value around the league.

I know how valuable Jets fans believe Revis and Ferguson are to the Jets,but with this team the way it is,i say trade them both and move on from them and their contracts.
    Just a huge mistake to get rid of DBrick. With REvis the team proved it can play well and cromartie stepped up. There are two types of teams, those with a LT and those looking for one. If you trade Dbrick you are goiing to be looking for a LT possibly for years. Just not worth opening a massive hole in that regard.

Move up in drafts to get players we like and make splashes in free agency. It's a win win. Owner sells PSLs and fans get the players we missed when we drafted "___, tight end from...".

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Just a huge mistake to get rid of DBrick. With REvis the team proved it can play well and cromartie stepped up. There are two types of teams, those with a LT and those looking for one. If you trade Dbrick you are goiing to be looking for a LT possibly for years. Just not worth opening a massive hole in that regard.
    I am not completely out of my mind not knowing how important this kid is to the Jets. The guy is an awesome pass blocking LT who belongs on a team with a passing offense something the Jets doesn't have and won't have next season.

That means we will have this guy around for atleast another 2 yrs on a team that doesn't need him watching his value decline even more than it already has. Why not shop him to the Bears for their 1st and give them someone to protect the blind side of Jay Cutler.

With our 2 1st rounders,we can draft his replacement at 9, another lineman with the 1st we get from the bears and both those players will cost us less than Brick will over this contract and his next.

With our 2nd round pick we can draft eith our RB,or an OLBer. Heck,we might be able to rebuild the entire OL in 1 draft . If we're able to trade Revis also, we could even get a potential QB to groom for the future in someone like Bray or Dysert or whoever might be ur favorite.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Then we better make cap room because we simply don't have the players to challenge.
    LOL We will have the Cap space once we trade a few high paid players and draft wisely. Draftees are cheap in the 2nd round and lower.

2013 rebuilding yewr

how about including 2014? this team is in dire straits from top to bottom.the only thing good coming from this is the draft.lets hope and pray that the jets make the right changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

The contracts dictate who can and can not be moved.

In 2016 we only have two players under contract Nick Mangold and D'Brickshaw Fergeson. It does not make any sense to move either player unless they are willing to tear up their contracts in exchange for their freedom. Even then both players are so good at what they do and so difficult to replace that it is not worth it.

I would also suggest that any player that is on a rookie contract, a restricted free agent, or an exclusive free agent is worth keeping.

The reason Revis is tradeable (once he proves to be healthy) is that he can not be franchised and can walk in a couple years with us getting nothing in return. His current salary is fairly low as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    how about including 2014? this team is in dire straits from top to bottom.the only thing good coming from this is the draft.lets hope and pray that the jets make the right changes.
    The Colts finshed last in 2011. The drafted Andrew Luck and played inspired ball because of the coach leaving with cancer.

Anything is possible from one year to the next.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    The contracts dictate who can and can not be moved.

In 2016 we only have two players under contract Nick Mangold and D'Brickshaw Fergeson. It does not make any sense to move either player unless they are willing to tear up their contracts in exchange for their freedom. Even then both players are so good at what they do and so difficult to replace that it is not worth it.

I would also suggest that any player that is on a rookie contract, a restricted free agent, or an exclusive free agent is worth keeping.

The reason Revis is tradeable (once he proves to be healthy) is that he can not be franchised and can walk in a couple years with us getting nothing in return. His current salary is fairly low as well.
    True. We have over 10 FAs in 2013. We have aging players like Scott and Pace and Thomas who make big bucks and should not be resigned during a rebuild.