Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 is Rebuilding year

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

2013 is Rebuilding year

Let's face it 2013 we need a new QB, OC, RB, new LBs, DC, etc
    So what stradegy gets us prepared to take over the division in 2014. Do we load up on Draft picks now that we are in the top 10. Do we trade high priced players? What your stadegy if you were GM?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Let's face it 2013 we need a new QB, OC, RB, new LBs, DC, etc
    So what stradegy gets us prepared to take over the division in 2014. Do we load up on Draft picks now that we are in the top 10. Do we trade high priced players? What your stadegy if you were GM?
    watched a piece on Jimmy Johnson last night. Traded Herschel Walker for about 5 picks and players. he ran that team like a furor.

We need a real HC with vision and patience...I fear Woody won't allow it.

I would trade Revis for picks.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try and get alot of picks. We have tons of holes. Don't see how we get more though other than trading down. Revis is the only one who could be tradeable for anything of value. I also don't think we have any compensatory picks this year, we wasted most of those last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    my opinion

we start with a capable GM/Chief of Football Operations

we cut a lot of dead wood (Scott, Smith, Pace, Thomas, Pouha, Moore) and clear some cap space

We try and fumigate the franchise of Pickchez if there is any way possible without the full 18 million cap hit.

A trade with Seattle our bad contract for theirs with Pickchez signing a revised contract giving him upfront money to in effect have the Jets pay half or so of his idiotic contract due If that's not doable then we just let him rot on the bench for the season and acquire a relatively cheap vet backup in the offseason to compete with McElroy for the starting job

Just off the top of my head and maybe it makes no sense but it's something to start discussion

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hire Norv
    Noone will take Sanchez
    Trade Cromartie for Picks.
    Keep Revis
    Resign Landry
    Resign Braylon
    Let Keller go
    Let DeVito go
    Let Green go
    Draft OLine and WR or RB round one
    Draft QB round 2
    Draft LB and Safety and TE later rounds RB too

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    *strategy

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Try and get alot of picks. We have tons of holes. Don't see how we get more though other than trading down. Revis is the only one who could be tradeable for anything of value. I also don't think we have any compensatory picks this year, we wasted most of those last year.
    We had a decent Defense without Revis. He could get us a 1st and 3rd and free up millions. Enough to offset Sanchez's cap hit.

I like your idea of lot of trading down to get us a bunch more picks. We need to have a lot of young blood in TC next year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    trade down for right price.. Oline should be primary focus.. Go back to 09,10. Even with Sanchez, everyone in the building knew we were running we still could run it.. Lost 2 big players on line, and tried to patch it back with crap.. and look what happened to offense.. Protecting the qb is big.. Most good qbs have a strong line protecting them.. No way is Sanchez the guy but for the next guy strong Oline will be huge..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point it looks like 2014 will be one as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Especially with next years brutal schedule.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    my opinion

we cut a lot of dead wood (Scott, Smith, Pace, Thomas, Pouha, Moore) and clear some cap space

We try and fumigate the franchise of Pickchez if there is any way possible without the full 18 million cap hit.

A trade with Seattle our bad contract for theirs with Pickchez signing a revised contract giving him upfront money to in effect have the Jets pay half or so of his idiotic contract due If that's not doable then we just let him rot on the bench for the season and acquire a relatively cheap vet backup in the offseason to compete with McElroy for the starting job

Just off the top of my head and maybe it makes no sense but it's something to start discussion
    Mostly agree but Pouha was a force before he got hurt. Evaluate him first.
    Harris is slow and is 12 mil.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Hire Norv

Why would Norv come here?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    trade down for right price.. Oline should be primary focus.. Go back to 09,10. Even with Sanchez, everyone in the building knew we were running we still could run it.. Lost 2 big players on line, and tried to patch it back with crap.. and look what happened to offense.. Protecting the qb is big.. Most good qbs have a strong line protecting them.. No way is Sanchez the guy but for the next guy strong Oline will be huge..
    Moore got pushed back on the locked FG. He has regressed. DBrick had a bad year. Wayne Hunter the RT got replaced by a rookie and needs to develop. I'm getting indigestion.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I typically don't like revolving door coaches but Rex needs to go. His philosophy of drafting and free agents galore for D helps his defensive resume but he is the HC. The failure of the offense is on him and why should we let him pick his third OC. Bring on anybody with a vision beyond a half a day and we would see an improvement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Why would Norv come here?
    You're right he might get offered a HC job; however, there was a thread that said Norv and Phillip River deal was being discussed.

He might come because he likes a challange and likes coaching Rivers. Everbody has a price is a good reason too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    my opinion

After the game, on SNY, Adam Schein said something I hadn't heard before. According to Schein, Indy played this year with the most dead cap money. Irsay just accepted that he'd eat the cost, then cut everyone, and moved on with a new coach, players, the whole shebang.

I hope Woody will embrace the same philosophy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    After the game, on SNY, Adam Schein said something I hadn't heard before. According to Schein, Indy played this year with the most dead cap money. Irsay just accepted that he'd eat the cost, then cut everyone, and moved on with a new coach, players, the whole shebang.

I hope Woody will embrace the same philosophy.
    Indy had the number 1 pick and got Andrew Luck. We have the what 10th pick with no one near Lucks skill set. I don't think that would work for us this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets rebuilding years:

and yet again in 2014.

My bet is, they`ll be rebuilding forever until they actually win another SB, which may never come again. At least in most of our lives anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dump.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Jets rebuilding years:

and yet again in 2014.

My bet is, they`ll be rebuilding forever until they actually win another SB, which may never come again. At least in most of our lives anyway.
    Then the Browns and Lions have never stopped.