Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: 2013 Opponents

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,474

    2013 Opponents

    According to ESPN we won the season tie breaker with Buffalo (both finished 6-10) so, assuming they are accurate, the Jets have the 3rd place schedule.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/t...nk/order/false

    Home

    Buffalo, Miami, New England, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Oakland

    Away

    Buffalo, Miami, New England, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Carolina, Tennessee
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 12-30-2012 at 04:54 PM.

  2. #2
    9-7 if we're lucky

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    According to ESPN we won the season tie breaker with Buffalo (both finished 6-10) so, assuming they are accurate, the Jets have the 3rd place schedule.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/t...nk/order/false

    Home

    Buffalo, Miami, New England, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Oakland

    Away

    Buffalo, Miami, New England, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Carolina, Tennessee
    I think we get fourth place... To decide division standings Conference Record comes into play. Draft standings are based on record then strength of schedule to break ties...

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Oakland and Tennessee are way better to play than what would have been the case if we had won 8 games and finished second

    Other than those two games, everybody in the division plays the same opponents

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I think we get fourth place... To decide division standings Conference Record comes into play. Draft standings are based on record then strength of schedule to break ties...
    Can anybody confirm?

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,591
    NE twice?! Again!?!

  7. #7
    wow we're playing the Steelers at home

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    Can anybody confirm?
    Got this on NFL.com


    TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

    If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

    Two Clubs

    Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    Strength of victory.
    Strength of schedule.
    Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    Best net points in common games.
    Best net points in all games.
    Best net touchdowns in all games.
    Coin toss

    Not sure where we stand vs. Buffalo on the common games percentage. My guess is Buffalo has a worse record which puts us at 3rd in the division.
    Strictly SOS will be used to determine draft order after record!

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    4,076
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    wow we're playing the Steelers at home
    and Oakland!!!

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,310
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    wow we're playing the Steelers at home
    We might as well play Pitt in Pitt....it's a waste of a home game playing them in met life.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,280
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    NE twice?! Again!?!
    I hate the schedule makers.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    wow we're playing the Steelers at home
    SOJFs will have these sold off by May 1

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    According to ESPN we won the season tie breaker with Buffalo (both finished 6-10) so, assuming they are accurate, the Jets have the 3rd place schedule.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/t...nk/order/false

    Home

    Buffalo, Miami, New England, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Oakland

    Away

    Buffalo, Miami, New England, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Carolina, Tennessee
    Damn, no good places to travel to. Here's to looking forward to playing in New Orleans in 4 more years. I love that city. Having mobs of Jet fans taking over Bourbon Street was epic last time.

    Maybe we'll get lucky and play in Miami come Nov/Dec. Guess that'd be a decent trip.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    According to ESPN we won the season tie breaker with Buffalo (both finished 6-10) so, assuming they are accurate, the Jets have the 3rd place schedule.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/t...nk/order/false

    Home

    Buffalo, Miami, New England, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Oakland

    Away

    Buffalo, Miami, New England, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Carolina, Tennessee
    This is honestly not bad at all. No games out west. Cleve, TB, NO, Pitts, and Oak at home is not as brutal as SF, Seattle, Houston, Indy, and SD. Atlanta will not be anywhere what they are this year. They are set to loose like 8 starters this off season and have anther 2-4 at the butt end of their careers. Cinci, Carolina, Tenn eh not scary.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Damn, no good places to travel to. Here's to looking forward to playing in New Orleans in 4 more years. I love that city. Having mobs of Jet fans taking over Bourbon Street was epic last time.

    Maybe we'll get lucky and play in Miami come Nov/Dec. Guess that'd be a decent trip.
    Take over Atlanta. Even then they win that just isn't a sports town and the underground is interesting too.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    Win, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Loss, Win, Win

    Win, Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss

    Another 6-10 season.
    Considering how bad the Saints' D is and the fact that they might be playing in cold weather, I wouldn't pencil the NO game in as a loss. Also, hard to know what the Panthers will be like.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Considering how bad the Saints' D is and the fact that they might be playing in cold weather, I wouldn't pencil the NO game in as a loss. Also, hard to know what the Panthers will be like.
    Carolina and Tenn both need a ton of help right now IMO.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Take over Atlanta. Even then they win that just isn't a sports town and the underground is interesting too.
    Eh possibly. Never really had the urge to visit Atl, but if enough Jet fans travel there, it'd be an option.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Eh possibly. Never really had the urge to visit Atl, but if enough Jet fans travel there, it'd be an option.
    ATL is a cesspool. Terrible sports town.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us