Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex's press conference at 4:45pm tomorrow. Looks like he is staying.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike is gone fellas. We have already hired a recruiter to find his replacement. Tanny being fired will go down tomorrow.

Regarding rex, sparano etc, thats the decision for the new gm. Tanny will be the only guy let go until a new gm is in place.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Mike is gone fellas. We have already hired a recruiter to find his replacement. Tanny being fired will go down tomorrow.

Regarding rex, sparano etc, thats the decision for the new gm. Tanny will be the only guy let go until a new gm is in place.
    Sparano is gone, regardless of management.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    SAR just says things, mate. He wants everyone to be fired but makes no attempt at naming who should replace them. It's just empty banter, honestly.
    It's not a fans job to know what talent exists at the front office, assistant, and collegiate levels. Do you know? There are about 175 teams out there to scout. You proficient at all of them from your college dorm room?

A Jets fan who has seen every season, game, play, snap, news article, and press conference is 100% qualified to declare whether Mike Tannenbaum or Rex Ryan should keep their jobs. We are expert in that area.

Their replacements will surely be better than they are. Otherwise they wouldn't be gone. We assume that the Jets ownership will work with other NFL owners and insiders and find strong candidates.

Go study for a test or get your backpack ready for classes later this week. Let the adults do the talking.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Their replacements will surely be better than they are. Otherwise they wouldn't be gone.
    SAR I
    You typing this in right above your signature wall of shame is the ironies of all ironies

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Not necessarily.

Since no NFL team has ever used a head-hunter to find a general manager, we're on uncharted ground here. It looks like Woody is making it no-secret that he's looking for a talented replacement, but Mike is under contract and if Woody can't find a replacement he has the ability to stick with Mike.

I won't be shocked if Mike is fired tomorrow, but I wouldn't be shocked if this dragged on for months with both Mike and Rex hanging by a thread and only being booted if better options come along.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You typing this in right above your signature wall of shame is the ironies of all ironies
    As Jets fans we know how pathetic we are.

We live for the hope of a brighter future. And our brighter future can't start until Rex Ryan is gone.

And don't forget two important things:

1. Before Tom Brady, the Patriots were the Jets in blue uniforms.

2. After Dan Marino and Jim Kelly, the Dolphins and Bills became the Jets in blue uniforms.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not a fans job to know what talent exists at the front office, assistant, and collegiate levels. Do you know? There are about 175 teams out there to scout. You proficient at all of them from your college dorm room?

A Jets fan who has seen every season, game, play, snap, news article, and press conference is 100% qualified to declare whether Mike Tannenbaum or Rex Ryan should keep their jobs. We are expert in that area.

Their replacements will surely be better than they are. Otherwise they wouldn't be gone. We assume that the Jets ownership will work with other NFL owners and insiders and find strong candidates.

Go study for a test or get your backpack ready for classes later this week. Let the adults do the talking.

SAR I
    You say that Rex needs to go in order to make room for the next coach who is going to be smart and imaginative. Who's the next coach? If you're not willing to name a replacement, then your words are clearly hollow and meaningless. Don't get mad at me and try to insult me just because you're not willing to speak up.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You say that Rex needs to go in order to make room for the next coach who is going to be smart and imaginative. Who's the next coach? If you're not willing to name a replacement, then your words are clearly hollow and meaningless. Don't get mad at me and try to insult me just because you're not willing to speak up.
    Shut up. Study for your exams so you can get into a good grad school.

Jedi Mind Tricks and straw-man arguments don't work on me, son.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    1 you hire a GM

2 the GM decides about the HC, the other coaches and the scouting and personnel staff

it's a process
    The Seahawks Had Coach Carroll before hiring John Schneider.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31

Rex has individual meetings with every player on the roster tomorrow to discuss this season and talk about the future. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not necessarily.

Since no NFL team has ever used a head-hunter to find a general manager, we're on uncharted ground here. It looks like Woody is making it no-secret that he's looking for a talented replacement, but Mike is under contract and if Woody can't find a replacement he has the ability to stick with Mike.

I won't be shocked if Mike is fired tomorrow, but I wouldn't be shocked if this dragged on for months with both Mike and Rex hanging by a thread and only being booted if better options come along.

SAR I
    Someone posted in a thread earlier there have been other NFL teams that have used this firm for a GM search.

This isn't going to last for months. College games need to be scouted. The combine is in about 6-7 weeks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

Rex has individual meetings with every player on the roster tomorrow to discuss this season and talk about the future. #nyj
    53 guys... 10 minute meetings... 530 minutes ... 9 hours of meetings.
    Better get started now if he is going to make his press conference on time.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

"Well, [name goes here] this season you were great, I mean the best to ever play the position in the history of the NFL. I loved coaching you. You're the best, man, the best. If I'm the coach next season [name goes here] I want you to know that you're definitely coming back. Now give me a hug (cries)."

--Rex Ryan

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sparano Tannenbaum and Teblow go immediately

Then we hire a GM to evaluate and decide on Rex and the coaches and scouting

I hope Rex is kept as HC and extended long term

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shut up. Study for your exams so you can get into a good grad school.

Jedi Mind Tricks and straw-man arguments don't work on me, son.

SAR I
    I'm just asking you to put the coach's name out there. Who should be our guy going forward? Why should he be our guy? I mean, you said our new HC is talented and will have us competing for the division title so you MUST know who he is, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Players have told me if Rex is fired & is hired somewhere else, they'd want to go follow him there rather than come back to the #Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Jets fans we know how pathetic we are.

We live for the hope of a brighter future. And our brighter future can't start until Rex Ryan is gone.

And don't forget two important things:

1. Before Tom Brady, the Patriots were the Jets in blue uniforms.

2. After Dan Marino and Jim Kelly, the Dolphins and Bills became the Jets in blue uniforms.

SAR I
    I'm being persuaded. All you need to do is look at buddy Ryan's history to see where we are headed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Players have told me if Rex is fired & is hired somewhere else, they'd want to go follow him there rather than come back to the #Jets.
    I'd love to work without fear of accountability as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just asking you to put the coach's name out there. Who should be our guy going forward? Why should he be our guy? I mean, you said our new HC is talented and will have us competing for the division title so you MUST know who he is, right?
    No, I don't. No one does. No one ever heard of Bill Walsh before he was made a head coach, no one ever heard of Jerry Glanville either. Rex Ryan wasn't even a blip on the hot-coaching-candidates list in 2009.

I won't put a name out there because the guy I want doesn't exist right now. Used to, in other years, but not now. We need a guy that's not a rookie, we need a guy that's an experienced NFL winner, we need a guy that commands respect from players, we need a guy who is respected in NFL circles and can assemble a great coaching staff.

Bill Cowher and Andy Reid are the only guys that come to mind. Neither will come to the Circus. So the answer is that the guy that I put my name on is "Not Rex Ryan" because we're going to wind up with another rookie even though I hate the idea. But there's a 10% chance that rookie might become the next Chuck Noll while there's a 100% chance that Rex Ryan never will.

Now go back to playing Dungeons & Dragons with your college junior dorm-mates.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I don't. No one does. No one ever heard of Bill Walsh before he was made a head coach, no one ever heard of Jerry Glanville either. Rex Ryan wasn't even a blip on the hot-coaching-candidates list in 2009.

I won't put a name out there because the guy I want doesn't exist right now. Used to, in other years, but not now. We need a guy that's not a rookie, we need a guy that's an experienced NFL winner, we need a guy that commands respect from players, we need a guy who is respected in NFL circles and can assemble a great coaching staff.

Bill Cowher and Andy Reid are the only guys that come to mind. Neither will come to the Circus. So the answer is that the guy that I put my name on is "Not Rex Ryan" because we're going to wind up with another rookie even though I hate the idea. But there's a 10% chance that rookie might become the next Chuck Noll while there's a 100% chance that Rex Ryan never will.

Now go back to playing Dungeons & Dragons with your college junior dorm-mates.

SAR I
    So, you're basically saying you have no clue who our guy is or should be? See, it's just easier to say that, SAR. You don't have to run around in circles by not answering and insulting people.

Proud of you, mate.