Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex's press conference at 4:45pm tomorrow. Looks like he is staying.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The fact that he has hired the firm AT ALL suggests that Woody may have cut Tanny out permanently.
    Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    And boom goes the dynamite!
    There it is. Let the speculation begin.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    We'll see.

Good luck finding an outside guy who doesn't want to pick his own Head Coach.
    this

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I bet you spell checked grammatical and indicative didn't you?
    No, but you can dream that I did, dickless.

We'll see.

Good luck finding an outside guy who doesn't want to pick his own Head Coach.
    Well just think about it. You're Woody and have had Clinkscales in your building for 10+ yrs. you have all the info you need on him. You don't need a search committee to find him or tell you anything else about him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Ok. I get that.

(although I only reiterated Skippygoo's wish for 15 more years of Rex.) The rest seems to be what the majority here have been wishing for as well. But I get that tomorrow is Cathartic Monday, and I'll get no joy in pissing on your Wheaties. So, I'm out, for now.......
    You think way, way too highly of yourself. I almost feel bad for you. It's obvious your life is ****.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Well just think about it. You're Woody and have had Clinkscales in your building for 10+ yrs. you have all the info you need on him. You don't need a search committee to find him or tell you anything else about him.
    The logical thinking is starting to break through.

Hall Of Fame
    Eh.

Everyone loves Norv for some reason, but his track record since leaving Dallas isn't all that amazing. I'd rather Ken Whisenhunt if he's canned, but that's me. Norv will likely be the guy though.
    I wouldn't mind Wisenhunt, either. Norv isn't a great head coach, but his offenses have been pretty good. Weren't they top 5 last year but killed by defense and sp. teams?

Hall Of Fame
    You would hope not, but this team has done many things that make you scratch your head. I agree though, I doubt it will be Clinkscales.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    I wouldn't mind Wisenhunt, either. Norv isn't a great head coach, but his offenses have been pretty good. Weren't they top 5 last year but killed by defense and sp. teams?
    Not sure, but they did have Philip Rivers, Ryan Matthews, Mike Tolbert, Malcom Floyd, Antonio Gates and Vincent Jackson, haha.

You can't just hire one guy, so that's what the search committee is for. Turning over every rock. However, Woody will soon find out that most people will want to pick their own groceries.

We'll see.

I trust this organization with NOTHING until it's sign, sealed and delivered.

You can't just hire one guy, so that's what the search committee is for. Turning over every rock. However, Woody will soon find out that most people will want to pick their own groceries.

We'll see.

I trust this organization with NOTHING until it's sign, sealed and delivered.
    So the Jets are hiring multiple GMs?

Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    No, but you can dream that I did, dickless.
    That's a run-on sentence.

So the Jets are hiring multiple GMs?
    What? They're interviewing multiple people. That's a MUST due to NFL rules. The same rules that apply to HC's apply to GM's.

Sorry I'm not a homer, brah!

You go right ahead and trust this organization to make every correct move. I'm good over here.

What? They're interviewing multiple people. That's a MUST due to NFL rules. The same rules that apply to HC's apply to GM's.

Sorry I'm not a homer, brah!
    You said hired. I asked. Homer? How is what I'm asking a homer?

They don't need to interview anyone else if they are hiring Clinkscales.

Brah? Speak English.

You said hired. I asked. Homer? How is what I'm asking a homer?

They don't need to interview anyone else if they are hiring Clinkscales.

Brah? Speak English.
    Yes, yes they do. They have to interview at least one minority candidate and Woody is actually making the smart move, for once, by hiring someone outside the organization to help the interview process, aka, turning over all stones around the league.

In the end, it will be someone with ties to the Jets organization due to Rex. Just you wait and see, English teacher.

Yes, yes they do. They have to interview at least one minority candidate and Woody is actually making the smart move, for once, by hiring someone outside the organization to help the interview process, aka, turning over all stones around the league.

In the end, it will be someone with ties to the Jets organization due to Rex. Just you wait and see, English teacher.
    LOL. You do realize Clinkscales is a minority, right?

LOL. You do realize Clinkscales is a minority, right?
    Ah. Never paid much attention to someone who didn't matter. Good call. Sorry for not paying attention to all members of the front office. Clearly you're a superior fan, Mr. Teacher.

Still need to turn over all unturned stones and I'm surprised Woody is doing it.

Still will be a Jet organization tied person. Guaranteed.

Clinkscales is a minority candidate... They don't have to interview anyone else if they hire him....

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    That's a run-on sentence.

OK, English Major.