Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Rex's press conference at 4:45pm tomorrow. Looks like he is staying.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Rex won't quit ... This is the same stubborn man that trotted #6 out as the starting QB week after week when the rest of the civilized world knew that we were witnessing the worst QB play in franchise history.
    What was he supposed to do instead?

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets offices in Florham Park, NJ, are closed today. No definitive date when Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson will speak publicly again. #nyj

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    The Jets will not be making Rex Ryan or Woody Johnson available to the media today. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    What was he supposed to do instead?
    Correct

He was saddled with Teblow, arguably the worst NFL QB since the league was formed in that auto dealership in the 1920s as his backup alternative

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex is a lame-duck, dead man walking, knows it, wants to be fired.

In effect, he was fired yesterday, just keeping the seat warm until the new GM dumps him in February or next January. It's torture. Well-deserved.

SAR I

SAR, I know you don't believe this sh*t you're shovelling.

REX RYAN is our HC for at least the next season. Get that through your stubborn, Rex hating brain.

As much as you CLAIMED he was getting fired, he ISN'T. Deal with it.

With any decent GM around that is able to add some offensive talent for next season, Rex will surely get EXTENDED beyond 2013.

How do you like those green apples?

HOPEFULLY all of these people Woody or whoever he assigned to lead the G.M. search make it known that if they cannot fire Ryan and bring in their own guy that they are no longer interested in the position. That would be excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

SAR, I know you don't believe this sh*t you're shovelling.

REX RYAN is our HC for at least the next season. Get that through your stubborn, Rex hating brain.

As much as you CLAIMED he was getting fired, he ISN'T. Deal with it.

With any decent GM around that is able to add some offensive talent for next season, Rex will surely get EXTENDED beyond 2013.

How do you like those green apples?
    Which is why he sai, "just keeping the seat warm until the new GM dumps him in February or next January"

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    The presser being cancelled triggered some thoughts...

I think it's a cat and mouse game between Woody and Rex right now. I truly believe Rex doesn't want to coach here anymore, but he doesn't want to quit b/c 1) it makes him look bad and 2) could lose $$$. He's hoping Woody fires him instead.

Woody doesn't want to fire him (yet) because he knows now Rex doesn't want to be here anymore. With the GM search process, he's hoping Rex may quit or ask for a buy out. It could save Woody a few bucks. But if Rex wants out, he won't want to wait forever in limbo with the Jets. This may force Rex's hand somewhat.

And I do understand Woody's quote from today how he wants Rex here...but IMO I think it's just part of this back and forth process that's really going on. We shall see though.
    This is exactly what I thought as soon as Woody said Rex was staying.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Correct

He was saddled with Teblow, arguably the worst NFL QB since the league was formed in that auto dealership in the 1920s as his backup alternative
    Genius, he wanted to Tebow!

Jets Insider VIP
    This message is hidden because reptilleon is on your ignore list.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Genius, he wanted to Tebow!
    Correct. Rex was the driving force behind Tebow.

I live in FL and the Jets were talked about on a weekly basis by a huge majority of the population and it was ALL negative. We looked foolish to everyone whether or not they followed the nFL or not.

I've been in Pensacola for 16 years and they had more coverage this year than ever and none of it was flattering.