Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rex's press conference at 4:45pm tomorrow. Looks like he is staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Suggesting that the guy has had a raw deal all year due to injuries isn't wrong, it's been two years in a row where he's had complete turnover at the skill positions, this would impart any QB greatly, again not wrong, based on history, fact.

That said its clear the Sanchez that ended the season is a QB who lost his confidence, has played like complete crap, and hasn't been the same since the first Patriot game, probably because of those injuries but also because he's regressed, lost the fight in him, and has probably suffered even worse under Sparano and again Cavanaugh. Sanchez, as much as this team needs a complete philosophical overhaul and coaching change.

I was definitely wrong about Sparano, so I guess you have that. Congrats, since it means so much to you.

I';ve seen some of you apologists trotting this line out. Funny thing is, Sanchez was sucking this year PRIOR to the Pats game.

Pitt, Miami, SF, and Houston. What ? Is you memory of those games shot or something ?

BTW, Sanchez didn't merely end the season like a QB who lost his confidence and has played like complete crap". That was last year. He came out and had one good game against Buffalo and then reverted back to his normal self.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Suggesting that the guy has had a raw deal all year due to injuries isn't wrong, it's been two years in a row where he's had complete turnover at the skill positions, this would impart any QB greatly, again not wrong, based on history, fact.

That said its clear the Sanchez that ended the season is a QB who lost his confidence, has played like complete crap, and hasn't been the same since the first Patriot game, probably because of those injuries but also because he's regressed, lost the fight in him, and has probably suffered even worse under Sparano and again Cavanaugh. Sanchez, as much as this team needs a complete philosophical overhaul and coaching change.

I was definitely wrong about Sparano, so I guess you have that. Congrats, since it means so much to you.
    I believe it all starts with coaching....what shouldve been done instead of bringing Teblow in here was for the whole offensive staff to be let go including Cavanaugh..and a well respected offensive mind who specializes in QB development be brought in...not Tony Sparzero...somebody like a Gruden or a Holmgren...and work on the offensive side of the ball..this season is on Tanny and the geniuses in the front office....

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I believe it all starts with coaching....what shouldve been done instead of bringing Teblow in here was for the whole offensive staff to be let go including Cavanaugh..and a well respected offensive mind who specializes in QB development be brought in...not Tony Sparzero...somebody like a Gruden or a Holmgren...and work on the offensive side of the ball..this season is on Tanny and the geniuses in the front office....
    Rex Ryan chose Tony Sparano, not Tanny. Search the threads here on the forum and you can read the press releases confirming that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Have a good life Demo...enjoy Jagwires.com

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Have a good life Demo...enjoy Jagwires.com
    You're fully aware my man Demos will stay around and talk about Bow just to piss you off, right? Demos is all about rustling some jimmies.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You're fully aware my man Demos will stay around and talk about Bow just to piss you off, right? Demos is all about rustling some jimmies.
    Great, another NON-Jet fan coming here to get under people's skin, just what this place needs.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Great, another NON-Jet fan coming here to get under people's skin, just what this place needs.
    You get used to it.

@RichCimini: It's never simple with the #Jets: Rex Ryan presser has been postponed, according to team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: It's never simple with the #Jets: Rex Ryan presser has been postponed, according to team.
    lol of course it is.

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    #Jets just cancelled Rex Ryan's press conference scheduled for 4:45pm had been cancelled. Team official availability now TBA...

inb4SURPRISE! FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What a ****ing Drama Queen. Twitter + New York's lol Sportsmedia, worst combination in history. No news, so lets just sperge and create some.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    One hour after Woody Johnson announces that Rex Ryan will be back in 2013, the team cancels Rex's press conference. That is strange. #nyj

sounds like something is brewing in Florham Park

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    sounds like something is brewing in Florham Park
    He's just got to get the new coaches worked out.

New special teams coach which will obviously be Kotwica.

Probably new defensive coordinator which will be Dennis Thurman.

New Offensive coordinator which will be someone like Norv Turner.

Still has to announce the firing of Sparano which absolutely involves some type of meeting with him.

Please, please, let this mean the **** canning of Rex, although I doubt it. Can't wait to have a nobody GM for Rex's final season of 2013, delaying the rebuilding process until 2014. And Norv Turner!? OH BABY!!! Can't wait. Do we get Antonio Gates, Darren Sproles, Philip Rivers and Vincent Jackson with him?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What a ****ing Drama Queen. Twitter + New York's lol Sportsmedia, worst combination in history. No news, so lets just sperge and create some.
    Yea, all the beat writers are pissed that they will not be able to grill Rex today. They are all acting like jilted little girls because they will not get their pound of flesh today.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    lol of course it is.
    Did you give woody a body shot and change his mind?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I just had to google that phrase because, as usual, I have no idea wtf you're saying.

My conclusion is that you should spend less time on the Internet.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    One hour after Woody Johnson announces that Rex Ryan will be back in 2013, the team cancels Rex's press conference. That is strange. #nyj
    The New York Jets: Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does.

Jets Insider VIP
    Corn and ferry probably called Woody and said:

"You dope! Why are you giving Rex a vote of confidence when you do not have a GM in place. Your new GM will make a determination on Rex. You dont make that call. Cancel the press conference now."