Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Rex's press conference at 4:45pm tomorrow. Looks like he is staying.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    One hour after Woody Johnson announces that Rex Ryan will be back in 2013, the team cancels Rex's press conference. That is strange. #nyj
    I didn't understand why a PC was announced to begin with. What was Rex going to say that wouldn't further muddy an already contentious atmosphere? Postponed or canceled it is an unnecessary PC. Besides Woody already made an announcement

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Great, another NON-Jet fan coming here to get under people's skin, just what this place needs.
    Oh, it'll be fun.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @janesports: Michael Kay: "The Jets seem like they have this uncanny ability to do everything wrong, everything wrong." Noted that Rex canceled spot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @janesports: Michael Kay: "The Jets seem like they have this uncanny ability to do everything wrong, everything wrong." Noted that Rex canceled spot.
    This from an incredibly untalented nitwit with a daily sportgstalk show that gets NY area ratings lower than "The Farm Report" on a station that will probably switch to Country Music or All News before 2013 is done

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the reporters would tear rex ryan apart today namely for sticking with sanchez.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Cancelled PC for Rex just tells me that even though Woody doesn't necessarily want Rex gone, he will leave to decision open to the new GM. No reason Rex can't impress whomever is soon to be in charge of the team and remain Jets coach...or be gone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    GFY Kay! Such a Yankees homer...

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Cancelled PC for Rex just tells me that even though Woody doesn't necessarily want Rex gone, he will leave to decision open to the new GM. No reason Rex can't impress whomever is soon to be in charge of the team and remain Jets coach...or be gone.
    We can only hope.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patches O'Houlihan for OC...make it happen!
    LOLOL! If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge Brandon Moore's a$$

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    LOLOL! If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge Brandon Moore's a$$

dodge, duck, dip, dive, dodge!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I didn't understand why a PC was announced to begin with. What was Rex going to say that wouldn't further muddy an already contentious atmosphere? Postponed or canceled it is an unnecessary PC. Besides Woody already made an announcement

Doesn't Rex usually give a postseason conference? He as well as the former GM Mike Tannenbaum.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys pass judgment so quickly when you don't have the faintest f*cking idea what caused it. There could be a perfectly valid reason for the cancellation, such as they are just putting the final touches on their new GM's contract.

I know it's hard for some of you to figure out, but you could at least try not to be so ignorant.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You guys pass judgment so quickly when you don't have the faintest f*cking idea what caused it. There could be a perfectly valid reason for the cancellation, such as they are just putting the final touches on their new GM's contract.

I know it's hard for some of you to figure out, but you could at least try not to be so ignorant.
    Or maybe they hit some traffic

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL the 5 D's!
    And nobody makes me bleed my own blood

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What is that? A Sanchez led drive?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The presser being cancelled triggered some thoughts...

I think it's a cat and mouse game between Woody and Rex right now. I truly believe Rex doesn't want to coach here anymore, but he doesn't want to quit b/c 1) it makes him look bad and 2) could lose $$$. He's hoping Woody fires him instead.

Woody doesn't want to fire him (yet) because he knows now Rex doesn't want to be here anymore. With the GM search process, he's hoping Rex may quit or ask for a buy out. It could save Woody a few bucks. But if Rex wants out, he won't want to wait forever in limbo with the Jets. This may force Rex's hand somewhat.

And I do understand Woody's quote from today how he wants Rex here...but IMO I think it's just part of this back and forth process that's really going on. We shall see though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

Rex is a lame-duck, dead man walking, knows it, wants to be fired.

In effect, he was fired yesterday, just keeping the seat warm until the new GM dumps him in February or next January. It's torture. Well-deserved.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    The presser being cancelled triggered some thoughts...

I think it's a cat and mouse game between Woody and Rex right now. I truly believe Rex doesn't want to coach here anymore, but he doesn't want to quit b/c 1) it makes him look bad and 2) could lose $$$. He's hoping Woody fires him instead.

Woody doesn't want to fire him (yet) because he knows now Rex doesn't want to be here anymore. With the GM search process, he's hoping Rex may quit or ask for a buy out. It could save Woody a few bucks. But if Rex wants out, he won't want to wait forever in limbo with the Jets. This may force Rex's hand somewhat.

And I do understand Woody's quote from today how he wants Rex here...but IMO I think it's just part of this back and forth process that's really going on. We shall see though.
    Rex won't quit ... This is the same stubborn man that trotted #6 out as the starting QB week after week when the rest of the civilized world knew that we were witnessing the worst QB play in franchise history.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    What is that? A Sanchez led drive?
    Only if you add fumble, interception, pick 6, or butt fumble to the end of that list.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Only if you add fumble, interception, pick 6, or butt fumble to the end of that list.
    Ah, but of course. How could I forget all the necessary ingredients?