Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who are you rooting for now?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    My best friend is a diehard Skins fan, and he's always supported me when the Jets have weaseled into the playoffs, so I'm in their corner the rest of the way.

If they get knocked out, I'll root for whatever team(s) are left that have never won a title, or as someone already said, whichever team is playing against the Patriots.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the AFC I'm pulling for Denver and Indy

In the NFC I'm pulling for Seattle

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Now that the Jets and Giants are out of the playoff picture who are you rooting for the rest of the way? I'm sure everybody has a different "Plan B" team in the playoffs that they root for when their home team is out, so who's yours?
    As usual, in whatever sport I watch, when my team gets eliminated, I either root for nobody, or root for the franchise that has never won it before, or at least not won anything in a loooonng time. This year, there's the Seahawks, Falcons, Texans (look like pretenders though). Colts will get throttled, they had a last place schedule.

When it comes down to it... anybody but the Pats. They are the one and oonly team I couldn't handle winning another one. They gotta;' go away andmake the overall league better/more interesting by default, LOL! BTW, did they really need the refs help to beat the 'Fins? My brother (a 'Fins fan) noted it too. Kraft must really have something on the NFL to get EVERY call in December for a decade... even when he doesn't need them!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seattle-I got a dime on them to win it all

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that the Jets and Giants are out of the playoff picture who are you rooting for the rest of the way? I'm sure everybody has a different "Plan B" team in the playoffs that they root for when their home team is out, so who's yours?

My "Plan B" team is Denver. After what Peyton's done this year and all he's been through I really would like to see him win it all in Denver. Would be the end of a really great story IMO.
    Broncos definitely. What a great end to a cinderella season if they win the SB. Manning deserves a great championship season considering all he's gone through.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Broncos

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    AFC: Denver, Indy.
    NFC: Seattle/Washington, Green Bay,

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady-Peyton Bowl IV is going to be absolutely epic. The legends still playing at the top of their game. Even Jets fans, as football fans, should be rooting for this matchup, all of the pieces are in place.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-31-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    (1) Green Bay Packers.
    (2) Broncos because Peyton got screwed by the Colts. I still hate Elway tho.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

My "Plan B" team is Denver. After what Peyton's done this year and all he's been through I really would like to see him win it all in Denver. Would be the end of a really great story IMO.
    So many great storylines in this year's playoffs.. You have the rookie quarterbacks Luck, RG3, Wilson, and Kap from SF.. (well he is not actually a rookie, but close enough)

you have the Colts as another storyline

Then you have the crafty veterans Brady, Rodgers, and Manning who should be the favorites to make it due to their experience..

Im calling it, Denver vs Green Bay in the Super Bowl..

Denver wins it with the better defense and Manning is Super Bowl MVP....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    (1) Green Bay Packers.
    (2) Broncos because Peyton got screwed by the Colts. I still hate Elway tho.
    lol, Peyton didn't get screwed by the Colts. They had to choose between an old veteran coming off neck surgery who may not be the same guy and even then only having him for a couple more years or draft what everyone considered to be the greatest prospect since Elway.

In no way was Peyton screwed by Indy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, Peyton didn't get screwed by the Colts. They had to choose between an old veteran coming off neck surgery who may not be the same guy and even then only having him for a couple more years or draft what everyone considered to be the greatest prospect since Elway.

In no way was Peyton screwed by Indy.
    +1 and even if the Colts had a crystal ball that could have allowed them to see how this season played out, they'd still take Luck.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seattle over Denver.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    +1 and even if the Colts had a crystal ball that could have allowed them to see how this season played out, they'd still take Luck.
    B-I-N-G-O.

Knowing what we know now, you still take Luck because Peyton will give you another 3 years at most whereas Luck will, in all likelihood, be a franchise QB for the next 12+ years.

You hate to say goodbye to a legend, but it's inevitable that you'll have to eventually. One day, NE will say goodbye to Brady, Minnesota will say goodbye to AD, Green Bay will say goodbye to Rodgers, etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is only one team to root for

The one that is playing against Cheating Bill and Tammi the UGGS queen

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    There is only one team to root for

The one that is playing against Cheating Bill and Tammi the UGGS queen
    Essentially this.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Five rookie QBs in the playoffs right? Indy, Wash, Seattle, SF, and Minn. I'd be rooting for all of those to do well as would seem to show a good future for the NFL. Only one of those I'm not liking is SF. Was glad to see Alex Smith finally worth of something and not liking him losing out in his second year with new coach after a concussion.

Seeing RG3 already injured makes me think out of all of these good new QBs he might have the shortest time of success. Along with the rookies there is also Peyton Mannng, Aaron Rodgers, and *cough cough* Tom Brady. So this years playoffs gonna look to be offensive minded storywise.

#1 Seattle
    #2 Minnestoa
    #3 Indy
    #4 Denver

That'd be my liking

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B2 Bomber View Post
    Five rookie QBs in the playoffs right? Indy, Wash, Seattle, SF, and Minn. I'd be rooting for all of those to do well as would seem to show a good future for the NFL. Only one of those I'm not liking is SF. Was glad to see Alex Smith finally worth of something and not liking him losing out in his second year with new coach after a concussion.

Seeing RG3 already injured makes me think out of all of these good new QBs he might have the shortest time of success. Along with the rookies there is also Peyton Mannng, Aaron Rodgers, and *cough cough* Tom Brady. So this years playoffs gonna look to be offensive minded storywise.

#1 Seattle
    #2 Minnestoa
    #3 Indy
    #4 Denver

That'd be my liking

Ponder and Kaepernick are not rookies, they are in their second year. But I'm sure if they, or any other of the young QBs, fail to reach their league championship game, the Sanchez supporters will declare them inferior to him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Ponder and Kaepernick are not rookies, they are in their second year. But I'm sure if they, or any other of the young QBs, fail to reach their league championship game, the Sanchez supporters will declare them inferior to him.
    Yea, Sanchez is ELITE at letting his defense carry him. It's gonna take a lot of averageness from Ponder and Kaepernick if they want to ever achieve that level.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simple as ABC for me .... Anyone But Cheatriots