View Poll Results: fire rex ryan.

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    17 51.52%
  • no

    16 48.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: fire rex ryan.

  1. #1

    fire rex ryan.

    enough is enough guys. sanchez sucked azz he should he have played tebow like him or not. the team quit on this fraud of a head coach.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,561
    Wow, your threads continue to get worse. Please go away, GMC.

  3. #3
    the team quit? why because they lost games? I saw a defense that has given up over 300 yards just once in the final 6 games. That's quitting? The offense just doesn't have much talent. They aren't good enough players. Big, big difference between that and quitting

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Wow, your threads continue to get worse. Please go away, GMC.
    not gmc. please post something thread worthy or just go away already troll.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Coaches are only as good as their players, for the most part, but his refusal to bench Sanchez or to do anything differently while the ship was sinking shows me that he has no idea what running a team entails. And his hands off approach to offense is unacceptable.

    I've been a supporter from day 1 but he has to go.

    I'll be the first member if the Andy Reid bandwagon.

    Reid is a good coach and has a pretty good eye for talent, and most importantly he know how to develop a QB.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    the only smart thing he did all season was to keep Tebow on the bench and not cave into pressure to play him.
    You hit the nail on the head.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,231
    Rex Ryan is a braggart and a blowhard ... but he is as good a coach as we have had since BB resigned as HC of the NYJets .

    It's about talent not coaching, get a top ten QB and you have a shot at making it to the Super Bowl otherwise forget it ... all the coaching in the world will get you nowhere.

    Don't look now but it looks like an ex-Jets coach might be favored in the NFC to make it to the Super Bowl ... our very own Pete Carroll. He might even be going up against that other ex HC of the NY Jets .. BB.

  8. #8
    Please stop making threads Nike. Thanks

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Rex Ryan is a braggart and a blowhard ... but he is as good a coach as we have had since BB resigned as HC of the NYJets .

    It's about talent not coaching, get a top ten QB and you have a shot at making it to the Super Bowl otherwise forget it ... all the coaching in the world will get you nowhere.

    Don't look now but it looks like an ex-Jets coach might be favored in the NFC to make it to the Super Bowl ... our very own Pete Carroll. He might even be going up against that other ex HC of the NY Jets .. BB.
    what makes him a good coach he has won nothing here. fire the bum.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,238
    We know we will have a good defense if he stays. The Offense can be rebuilt with draft picks and the right OC. I say he stays.

  11. #11
    Jets end season with 28-9 loss to Bills as Mark Sanchez struggles

    thanks rex you stuck with your boy mark sanchez see yaaaaaaaaa.
    woody do the right thing.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,314
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Coaches are only as good as their players, for the most part, but his refusal to bench Sanchez or to do anything differently while the ship was sinking shows me that he has no idea what running a team entails. And his hands off approach to offense is unacceptable.

    I've been a supporter from day 1 but he has to go.

    I'll be the first member if the Andy Reid bandwagon.

    Reid is a good coach and has a pretty good eye for talent, and most importantly he know how to develop a QB.
    He has hit his ceiling. He was given a long long time and can't win the SB. Pass.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    what makes him a good coach he has won nothing here. fire the bum.
    You know what makes him a good coach ... do we have to go toe-to-toe on this (sorry Rexy) ?

    My point is he needs to be removed from any personnel decisions , which clearly is not his strong suit.

    It's about the personnel and 50% of that is having a top ten QB. This league is skewed to protecting QB, If you have an accurate QB that can read defenses, it can make any coach look incredible.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Rex Ryan is a braggart and a blowhard ... but he is as good a coach as we have had since BB resigned as HC of the NYJets .

    It's about talent not coaching, get a top ten QB and you have a shot at making it to the Super Bowl otherwise forget it ... all the coaching in the world will get you nowhere.

    Don't look now but it looks like an ex-Jets coach might be favored in the NFC to make it to the Super Bowl ... our very own Pete Carroll. He might even be going up against that other ex HC of the NY Jets .. BB.
    I think being a HC in the NFL is very tough, so relying on a rookie coach to beat experienced ones is an uphill climb.

    Rex is a good defensive coach but he has A LOT to learn about being a HC. And it appears as though he doesn't think he needs to learn much if anything at all because he still does everything pretty much the same way he always has. For that, he should be fired.

    Maybe someday he will grow and learn to embrace offense, but right now, for this team, he is not the right guy. And you can't kick yourself if he wins a SB 7 years from now.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    so far nike, the voting doesn't appear to be going your way

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    so far nike, the voting doesn't appear to be going your way
    anyone who watched that game and knows football voted yes others may have been drunk or passed out. as soon as pick6chez threw the pick tebow should have been in you know it and i know it.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    so far nike, the voting doesn't appear to be going your way
    Let the rebuild begin

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    He has hit his ceiling. He was given a long long time and can't win the SB. Pass.
    I disagree.

    He was saddled by a terrible defense, terrible OL (due to injuries) and Vick is just as bad as Sanchez. He's also in the toughest division in the league. Not to mention the personal tragedy his family went through this year.

    I think he just needs a change of scenery to rejuvenate him.

    Just my 2 cents.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    He has hit his ceiling. He was given a long long time and can't win the SB. Pass.
    4 years is a long long time?

    Bill Cowher took 14 years.

    Tom Coughlin? 12 years.

    Bill Belichick? 7 years.

    Should have canned all those guys too after year 4. I bet they hit their ceiling as well.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    4 years is a long long time?

    Bill Cowher took 14 years.

    Tom Coughlin? 12 years.

    Bill Belichick? 7 years.

    Should have canned all those guys too after year 4. I bet they hit their ceiling as well.
    That was about Andy Reid, genius.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us