Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Sanchez be helped ?

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Is there someone that the Jets can hire to correct Sanchez's footwork and get him straightened out ? As long as they have 8 million invested in him for next year might as well try and get him back on track.
    Dude please its time to quit drinking, I know its been a tough year.. Sorry o be harsh... NOOOO! Rex needs to take a page out of Pete Carrol's book, you dont play a qb just because of his salary.. But now that I saw Mcelroy try to throw deep I see why rex was stuck with this bum this year... Once again MT left rex without a capable backup for 4th year in a row.. If Mark was as good from learning from his mistakes as he was bsing at a press conference or dating models, he could be good. Did you hear his excuse on INT? " I stared down kerley a little too long, blaaa blaa" He did that all game during titans did he watch the tape? Doing it all season! Knows after he does it but yet does it every game after.. Even a rookie learns from his mistakes..This guy just gets worse.. Have to bench him.. Next year I dont know who you put in, or can afford to thanks to MT. Im hoping there is a qb we can draft in 2014 1st round, or a FA we will have cap room to sign..

Doesn't he have one more year of college eligebility left? Maybe a div 3 guy could help him.

Yes Mark Sanchez can be helped! But are the Jets smart enough to hire the right person to do it and are they smart enough to hire the right QB coach and install the right offense with the right offensive coordinator. That's a lot of ifs .

Are we seriously still asking this question? Do people still not realize just how god awful this quarterback is?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/cwepaTotal

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Is there someone that the Jets can hire to correct Sanchez's footwork and get him straightened out ? As long as they have 8 million invested in him for next year might as well try and get him back on track.
    Not anymore. Maybe before this year, but they totally destroyed him in grand, systematic fashion.

Tandy, Rex and Sparano basically wrote the book on how not to handle a QB. This group of fools could have ruined just about anyone.

Look a Sanchez in week 1 and week 17 against the same team for proof.

I don't think Sanchez was going to be Aikman, but these clowns really made sure to crush him as best they could.

Sanchez can helped with...

A brain transplant with Aaron Rodgers. Unfortunately, it can only be done on the Starship Enterprise in the 22nd century.

Well if the consensus is that he can't be salvaged than 2013 will def be a rebuilding year and Sanchez will be the most expensive back up QB in the NFL.

Listen, stop with the crap that it's everyone else's fault that he is so bad and never developed. Mark had a chance to get it right, but he chose to party, chase skirts, and be the big man on campus. This kid is four years in and still makes the same mistakes over and over, face it folks he is a product of his own doing.

No more excuses for Mark Sanchez. Dude is a terrible quarterback. Period. I don't want to hear it anymore. Please, stop. We don't have to accept this mediocrity anymore. It's time to find a real franchise quarterback. The kind that every other team in the league seems to stumble upon at least once in awhile....

Quote Originally Posted by yanks9596 View Post
    No more excuses for Mark Sanchez. Dude is a terrible quarterback. Period. I don't want to hear it anymore. Please, stop. We don't have to accept this mediocrity anymore. It's time to find a real franchise quarterback. The kind that every other team in the league seems to stumble upon at least once in awhile....
    its amazing people still want to blame everyone but Mark.. Some guys just cant learn.. Mark says same thing EVERY week! He knows what mistakes he is making, its not like he doesnt know and needs help identifying.. He said today about that bad INT for TD. " I stared down kerley a little too long..." a little? and how many times does he continue to do this? and the ball was way off! Cant teach accuracy or correct stupidity.

He's a very very very bad quarterback. Accept it, and MOVE ON. I can't take it anymore.

All Pro
    We've had enough helpings of Sanchez over the holidays

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Not anymore. Maybe before this year, but they totally destroyed him in grand, systematic fashion.

Tandy, Rex and Sparano basically wrote the book on how not to handle a QB. This group of fools could have ruined just about anyone.

I don't think Sanchez was going to be Aikman, but these clowns really made sure to crush him as best they could.
    Agreed, save for the reclamation chances. Given the right tutelage I feel he can certainly turn into the least one could expect, maybe an Alex Smith. He's been completely neutered and no longer plays the game, he simply tries to square peg/round hole what he is told.

The INT was a perfect example, he simply is going through the motions of "this is where the ball is supposed to go and where the receiver should be based on pre-snap reads" instead of using some modicum of intelligence. When I see stuff like that I think he's just mailed it in. Can that be fixed? Who knows, but it has to start with Sanchez.

The similarity between where he was when he first got here along with Rex's enthusiasm is uncanny compared to how they both are now. They are probably spent here, but I believe they can have some level of success down the road.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    NO!
    the Jets should Tebow buttchez next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dogg View Post
    the Jets should Tebow buttchez next year.
    That would rock .... Keep telling him he will have a chance to compete ... Make him the no. 2 QB ... And then when our No.1 goes down put McElroy in there .... Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    The similarity between where he was when he first got here along with Rex's enthusiasm is uncanny compared to how they both are now. They are probably spent here, but I believe they can have some level of success down the road.
    Exactly. I remember that first win against NE at the Meadowlands, he was like 80% on 3rd down and seemed so cool under pressure. Whats become of this kid is so sad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    yeah, it's the footwork.
    Wow only a Pats fan has common sense...

It tells something.....

But thank you......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

This is my belief now as well and it is sad actually......

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This is my belief now as well and it is sad actually......
    And this is the best reason to discharge Rex ... He will NEVER create a healthy environment for any QB. He does not trust anything on the offensive side of the ball ... Just like his father.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Yes Mark Sanchez can be helped! But are the Jets smart enough to hire the right person to do it.
    Has his eyesight been routinely checked? Maybe he needs glasses or Lasik Eye Surgery.