Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can Sanchez be helped ?

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Is there someone that the Jets can hire to correct Sanchez's footwork and get him straightened out ?
    Norm Chow!

As long as they have 8 million invested in him for next year might as well try and get him back on track.
    You bet. Terrible quarterbacks turn their skill sets around and become awesome QBs in the NFL all the time.

But terrible backups? Never let one start a game in a lost season while backing up the worst QB in the league - mustn't look foolish. Besides, we have 3rd stringers for that.

That said, this is all Sparano's fault. Extend Ryan & Sanchez's contracts now before any other teams swoop in to take them from us. Our QB is poised to blossom.

I know a lot of Jet fans are ready to throw in the towel on Sanchez but I am not. What is needed is someone who can both mentor, teach and really evaluate this kid to see if he can get back to a competitive level. Right now the Jets have done all they can to suck the life out of him and his confidence but as long as we are stuck with him why not at least try and get someone who can help him or really evaluate his talent potential

Is there someone that the Jets can hire to correct Sanchez's footwork and get him straightened out ? As long as they have 8 million invested in him for next year might as well try and get him back on track.
    Sanchez has ZERO field vision. Sanchez pocket instincts are awful and it is highly unlikely that coaching will make a significant difference. Sanchez's decision making is just about the worst I have ever seen in 46 years of watching NFL QBs. That surely can not be coached. Sanchez is one of the most inaccurate starting QBs in the history of this franchise, if not the history of the NFL.

GET HIM OFF THIS TEAM. He is beyond awful.

I know a lot of Jet fans are ready to throw in the towel on Sanchez but I am not. What is needed is someone who can both mentor, teach and really evaluate this kid to see if he can get back to a competitive level. Right now the Jets have done all they can to suck the life out of him and his confidence but as long as we are stuck with him why not at least try and get someone who can help him or really evaluate his talent potential
    Your heart is in the right place. Admirable. But not logical and IMHO, Sanchez's defects are not going to be corrected by coaching. You can't coach field vision or terrible decision making. His instincts are always wrong. He is going to suck under any coaching regime. At best he may become a halfway decent game manager (which he is not even close to becoming yet) but he will NEVER be a leader. He will never be the catalyst to propel the team to winning. He will always need a top defense. He can not make it happen on his own the way other QBs can. THe 2 playoff runs were based on the Mangini personnel around him. Not based on Sanchez's performance.

Get Sanchez off this team. We have seen enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    someone can help him call a cab to take him to the airport
    Well said and I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!

Is there someone that the Jets can hire to correct Sanchez's footwork and get him straightened out ? As long as they have 8 million invested in him for next year might as well try and get him back on track.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9b6jgbNyc

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Anyone?

All League
    It's not worth the investment considering that with the new rookie wage scale you can theoretically take a QB every year until one works out