Thread: Why dont we put blame where most blame is due

Why dont we put blame where most blame is due

I agree that Tanny did some really dumb contracts and a below average offense but let's also remember that there were a lot of players who played well below expectations. Not sure who led the NFL in dropped passes but I would guess the Jets are right up there. Our L/B core suddenly aged and was below average at stopping the run and Sanchez of course regressed. At the start of the season on paper this team should have been able to compete but injuries and sub par playing all collided to provide a bad year. Should Tanny have forseen this ? Well that is his job but he is going to get a lot credit and blame for the failures of a lot of players who just didn't play up to the money they are making.

It's up to the coaches and gm to make sure they get players that perform. You can't forgive them for that.

Rex Ryan is VERY lucky he will be apparently be keeping his job because he deserves to be deep sixed just as much as tanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    It's up to the coaches and gm to make sure they get players that perform. You can't forgive them for that.

Rex Ryan is VERY lucky he will be apparently be keeping his job because he deserves to be deep sixed just as much as tanny.
    +1

I totally agree that they should share the blame. You can't have a HC who hates Offensive football and just completely ignores one side of the ball. Until he realizes that the team with the most points at the end of the game wins we will continue to struggle.

Jets Insider VIP
    I blame rex for putting sanchez out there game after game when it was clear as day even sanchez did not want to play anymore.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I blame rex for putting sanchez out there game after game when it was clear as day even sanchez did not want to play anymore.
    Totally agree, the HC is the only one to blame if players under perform and putting Sanchez in over and over again was criminal.

All Pro
    OK! fair enough let me start first, blame Tannenbaum he sucks/Sanchez he sucks monkey nutzzz, and Ryan he's stubbon as a mule he really sucks there you have it in a nutzz all of them should be banned from Florham Pk.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I agree that Tanny did some really dumb contracts and a below average offense but let's also remember that there were a lot of players who played well below expectations. Not sure who led the NFL in dropped passes but I would guess the Jets are right up there. Our L/B core suddenly aged and was below average at stopping the run and Sanchez of course regressed. At the start of the season on paper this team should have been able to compete but injuries and sub par playing all collided to provide a bad year. Should Tanny have forseen this ? Well that is his job but he is going to get a lot credit and blame for the failures of a lot of players who just didn't play up to the money they are making.

Surely you jest.

It's his job to bring in players who do not play below expectations. It's his job to replace players before they get too old. It's his job to field a viable QB. It's his job to pay players according to what theybring to the table. It's his faut.
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 12-30-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    After game 1 I thought we had a decent team. Didn't Ryan say this was one of the most talented teams he was ever around.

Then RT Wayne Hunter let Sanchez get hit time after time. He was eventually trade but then we lost Revis and Holmes. All of a sudden Hill was starting WR and couldn't handle it. He dropped everything. Keller got injured and Sanchez was a different QB than 1st game. Running game was terrible and we found out that Sparano had a different blocking scheme that the RBs had problem with.

It's been that kind of season. Sanchez is broken. Now what?

Blame ...

1. Sanchez ... For sucking mooseballs.
    2. Tanny for drafting Gholston, Sanchez, Wilson and trading away valuable,picks to do so. and for signing Holmes.
    3. Matt Cavanaugh for destroying a QB
    4. Woody for allowing Suckchez to be treated like a Prince since the draft ... Essentially giving him the keys to the car before learning how to drive. I still remember Suckchez on hard knocks thinking he didn't need advice from Namath. What an ass.
    5. Rex for misplaced loyalties ... There is no room for loyalty when the players you are being loyal to are not getting the job done.