Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65

Thread: Jets hire executive to lead search for new GM

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Island-Florida
    Posts
    300

    Jets hire executive to lead search for new GM

    Jets hire executive to lead search for new GM, source says

    The New York Jets have hired Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry International to lead their search for a new general manager to replace Mike Tannenbaum, according to a league source. Hughes is the vice chairman of the sports sector of the Korn/Ferry, which is an international, executive recruiting company. The Jets also used Korn/Ferry when they hired current team president Neil Glatt.

    It has been reported for the past week that the Jets were planning to move on from Tannenbaum.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...gm-source-says

  2. #2
    So the Jets hired someone, to hire someone...

  3. #3
    They should've hired SAR since he claims to know EVERYTHING.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    So the Jets hired someone, to hire someone...
    Colleges do it all the time when looking for a new coach.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    They should've hired SAR since he claims to know EVERYTHING.
    investment gold.

  6. #6
    woody johnson needs to sell this team.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    Just shows that they don't even know where to begin to look for a GM.

    They should have already had one or two candidates in mind and have called them immediately following their last game.

    But no. Not the Jets.
    Facepalm

  8. #8
    Whoop. Di doo

  9. #9
    MIDDLE MAN
    Last edited by boxman; 12-30-2012 at 07:10 PM.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    so the Jets decide to hire a new GM the right way, not with the impulsive approach that has got them in trouble for 40 plus years

    and here come the SOJF Tabernacle Choir of Disapproval to condemn it


    Just bring in Tuna, dammit

    Just bring in Pollian, dammit

    Just bring in XXXXX, dammit


    unbelievable really

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    Just shows that they don't even know where to begin to look for a GM.

    They should have already had one or two candidates in mind and have called them immediately following their last game.

    But no. Not the Jets.
    hahahah. You think these guys are going to say, Hey Woody... picked your new GM for you. Here he is!

    These guys likely just make the phone calls, set up travel arrangements and visits for the candidates they want to bring in.

    Only the Jets... hiring someone to do their administrative work. The outrage!

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Island-Florida
    Posts
    300
    Google Search...


    Jed Hughes
    Vice Chairman
    Global Sector Leader, Sports
    Consumer
    New York
    Mr. Hughes has distinguished himself as an expert in identifying, assessing, and developing leaders. His relationships within sports and intercollegiate athletics are extensive, having spent twenty years coaching in professional and intercollegiate football and working for five Hall of Fame coaches.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Colleges do it all the time when looking for a new coach.
    So a professional organization is reduced to what colleges do...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    So a professional organization is reduced to what colleges do...
    Hey, spread option began in college, didn't it?

    Also I think the Dolphins did the same thing when they brought Parcells in. He really was just the advisor.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    So the Jets hired someone, to hire someone...
    This brings a question to mind...

    Will the Jets hire someone to fire everyone?


  16. #16
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,119
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    Google Search...


    Jed Hughes
    Vice Chairman
    Global Sector Leader, Sports
    Consumer
    New York
    Mr. Hughes has distinguished himself as an expert in identifying, assessing, and developing leaders. His relationships within sports and intercollegiate athletics are extensive, having spent twenty years coaching in professional and intercollegiate football and working for five Hall of Fame coaches.
    Fine with me; the agents like Sexton can hold sway over such a process.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    So a professional organization is reduced to what colleges do...
    What makes a college less professional outside of the players on the field?

    Business operations have to be similar.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    No one should trust anything Woody does, BUT, we have to understand context.

    First, Woody is a trustfund baby who inherited all his money. He has no sports experience whatsoever. When he bought the team Bill Parcells was in charge and recommended hiring Terry Bradway as his replacement. Mike Tannenbaum was already in the organization when Woody bought the team.

    So Woody has never had to hire a "football man" on his own. Thus, the need for a search firm.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    No one should trust anything Woody does, BUT, we have to understand context.

    First, Woody is a trustfund baby who inherited all his money. He has no sports experience whatsoever. When he bought the team Bill Parcells was in charge and recommended hiring Terry Bradway as his replacement. Mike Tannenbaum was already in the organization when Woody bought the team.

    So Woody has never had to hire a "football man" on his own. Thus, the need for a search firm.
    It says on Mr. Hughes's site that he has assisted the Packers and 49ers before so he has had experience with football teams.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    It says on Mr. Hughes's site that he has assisted the Packers and 49ers before so he has had experience with football teams.
    Which is good.

    Woody has, literally, never before in his life had to hire a football man on his own. He wouldn't have the first inclination where to look.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us