Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets hire executive to lead search for new GM

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not believe any coach gets fired until a new gm is in place.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Typical empty suit sh*t.

Lets have a meeting discuss when we are having the next meeting where we decided when to have the conference about the meeting itinerary....

Sent from a phone using an app

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Typical empty suit sh*t.

Lets have a meeting discuss when we are having the next meeting where we decided when to have the conference about the meeting itinerary....

While getting paid $750/hr to do so....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I think Sparano has already left the building

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    The Jets brain trust:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    Just shows that they don't even know where to begin to look for a GM.

They should have already had one or two candidates in mind and have called them immediately following their last game.

But no. Not the Jets.
    Don't be silly. Korn Ferry will bring a fresh approach from the outside -- a different set of eyes. Besides, who do you want evaluating the candidates....Woody?

Once again, this is a TOP NOTCH recruiting firm. Only those individuals who are not familiar with Korn Ferry are complaining.

SOJFs complaining to complain.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Thats the confusion of this organization. Woody is so flippin confused he probably had to hire a firm to find the firm with sports knowledge to hire the GM to fire everyone else. Bye the time this all takes place all the good GM's will have jobs and the Jets will wind up hiring one that was recently fired not to mention all the decent offensive coordinators and good coaches will be gone. Thats what happened last offseason and the Jets were stuck again with Cavanaugh as QB coach and had to pull some other coaches off the scrap heap. Woody is too cheap to clean house so half the staff will remain in jobs that they dont want collecting big checks they dont deserve. Please sell the team Woody. You are the worst owner in the league!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Wrong. They are paid when someone is placed. Depending on the firm KF is conducting the search for, their fee can be as little as $100K or more than $250K+/search.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing I would like to know is when did Woody hire this firm. Did it just happen or was this done a while ago. It seems to me that would answer when Woody knew his front office was in trouble. I would certanly hope he started this at least a month or so ago if not sooner. Another thing is how much advice will he take under consideration that this firm might reccomend, or are they just there for GM purposes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bongi View Post
    The thing I would like to know is when did Woody hire this firm. Did it just happen or was this done a while ago. It seems to me that would answer when Woody knew his front office was in trouble. I would certanly hope he started this at least a month or so ago if not sooner. Another thing is how much advice will he take under consideration that this firm might reccomend, or are they just there for GM purposes.
    It was reported last week the search was on. Now exactly when did it start No idea.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    So does Woody need this new exec to FIRE SPARANO ? or can he do that one himself? Somebody needs to get fired. Tannenboob wont be fired - he will get a new title. Rex not getting fired. Sparano needs to get fired unless he's also willing to coach a department like special teams or O-Line. Come to think of it the Jets might not fire anybody. Sanchez might be starting come next September. No sense firing him either.
    This firm probobly gave Mr.T. a job & the firm probably has Mr.T. picking the new GM as per Woodys instructions.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It was reported last week the search was on. Now exactly when did it start No idea.
    Thanks. This was the first I had heard of the search.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Who gives a damn? What point are you trying to make in the grand scheme of things?

One set are trust fund babies in football and the other is a trust fund baby in consumer medical products.

The Maras and Tischs knew football going in, Woody didn't. That's the point. Thus, Woody is RIGHT to hire a firm like this to help him hire a new GM.
    Sounds like sg3 wants to rip Woody out of his decadent nest and cast him out into the cold world that we know and endure.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    This firm probobly gave Mr.T. a job & the firm probably has Mr.T. picking the new GM as per Woodys instructions.
    Maybe the firm will hire Sparano as the new GM. That way Woody saves money and we know how much Woody likes saving money. He let Leon Washington walk over 50k.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to give Woody some credit here. At least he is trying to make the best decision at GM for his team. It takes a big man to come out and admit he needs help.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    People can't really be complaining about this. Woody wants someone who knows what they're doing to find a smart guy to run their organization. Would you rather have Woody just choose someone or have a firm who knows what to look for do it? This is common practice in a lot of fields.

People are trained to think everything the Jets do is stupid now. All they did was hire a head hunter. Chill out...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    That's true.

It's not easy to find an inexpensive GM who's willing to share a cubicle with the former GM.
    You mean 2 former GMs and an O-Coordinator that will be given office duty.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bongi View Post
    Have to give Woody some credit here. At least he is trying to make the best decision at GM for his team. It takes a big man to come out and admit he needs help.
    This.

And while we're at it, can we stop acting like Woody bought the team yesterday? It'll be 13 years next month.

All this "he doesn't know football!" nonsense; can we give him the benefit of the doubt that he's most likely learned a few things over the years? That perhaps he's met with and been around enough football minds to know exactly what he is doing right now?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    This.

And while we're at it, can we stop acting like Woody bought the team yesterday? It'll be 13 years next month.

All this "he doesn't know football!" nonsense; can we give him the benefit of the doubt that he's most likely learned a few things over the years? That perhaps he's met with and been around enough football minds to know exactly what he is doing right now?
    Not sure. He did say earlier this season the jets were careless with foot faults.

http://m.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog...byqEISus1i01BK

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Leon Hess had a SB ring with the Jets, Brought in Parcells and always kept Jet season tickets as some of the lowest in the League.

I agree Leon Hess messed up real bad when he fired Micheals, and hired Walton and then Kotite.
    He aso fired a young Pete Carroll to replace him with Clueless Kotite.