Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Devito is as good as gone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Another defender with delusions of grandeur who is responsible for a 1-11 record against teams that will end the season with a winning record since 2010.

Good luck on your next team. Make a few tackles.

SAR I
    You are a miserable person. Top notch troll, miserable human being.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say that what DeVito did was smart; I merely said it was self-serving and ill-timed.

SAR I
    So...

It's easier for you to believe DeVito is selfish and stupid than to believe he knows something about his situation regarding the jets next year that you don't?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ROPE View Post
    Totally agree with this post. Devito is an average D-lineman who just signed his own walking papers. No reason for the tweet. Just adds to this f@cking circus. This team is a disaster. Mike Devito calling shots now? Please.
    yes, he is calling the shots, That what being a FA is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Ok player, Great guy. He'll go to New England and be average just like Shaun Ellis.
    One of my favorite players on the jets. I always hoped he would play for NE.
    Due to the lack of depth he has been playing too much these last two years.
    He should get about 25 snaps, that is it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I want him back. I like the guy.

Point is he's decided to advertise his availability disguised as a disingenuous "I love you fans" Tweet.

He has no idea if the Jets want him back or not. I'm positive that Mike and Rex didn't call Woody from the plane urgently seeing his advice on the "Mike DeVito Situation", then tell Mike he's not welcome back. Mike is saying goodbye in true Jets Insider fashion, hoping that everyone will miss him so much they'll scream to the high heavens to keep him from leaving.

Very selfish move 4 hours after our season ended.

SAR I
    This is the first time you have ever used your intelligence to serve humanity SAR, good post.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    You are a miserable person. Top notch troll, miserable human being.
    Name all the New York Jets that would be definite starters on other NFL teams.

Mike DeVito is in your Top 10? Top 20?

Please. Nice guy, good player, fan favorite, not exactly Lawrence Taylor, not exactly the type of guy that takes out a full page ad in the Times with a, sniff-sniff, poignant letter to the fans.

Actually, he's the Ruby 2 of the Jets. Good poster, nothing exceptional, not really respected, never going to be a moderator.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Another defender with delusions of grandeur who is responsible for a 1-11 record against teams that will end the season with a winning record since 2010.

SAR I
    I like the guy, definitely a hard worker, definitely a 110% effort guy

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    SAR's just upset/offended that Devito thanked all Jets fans in general, and didn't mention him personally by name.

Delusions of grandeur indeed.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, I doubt that Kendrick Ellis will ever be as good as Mike DeVito, and that ain't saying much.
    Another bad draft choice by Tannenbaum. The guy is proving to be too injury prone.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devito was as good as gone before he even stated this.

2/5 of our starting OL is about to hit the market, 3/4 of our LB corps is going to be gutted, and Landry is going to be a FA as well.

Oh, and we've drafted DE's in the 1st round in back to back years. Both of which look like studs in the making.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    God, I really hope this isn't true. As everyone has already said, he's a lunch pail kind of guy. But I think the point everyone is missing is he's OUR lunch pail guy. We essentially created him. He's also likely going to come rather cheap. A perfectly good player to keep in your DL rotation.

My hope is that the new GM recognizes this and resigns him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Does your idiocy ever stop with this team? I mean seriously......

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    You are not a good judge of fat guys. Every team needs a player like DeVito.
    Yeah! For the Fat Guy Touchdown Dance

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We might have to resign Devito. He can play the nose, and Ellis still hasn't made an impact like everybody thought he would

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burger View Post
    Unfortunately, I doubt that Kendrick Ellis will ever be as good as Mike DeVito, and that ain't saying much.
    Another bad draft choice by Tannenbaum. The guy is proving to be too injury prone.
    If he can stay healthy he will be much, much better than Devito. He shows real talent, but you're right - he has to stay in be field.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    God, I really hope this isn't true. As everyone has already said, he's a lunch pail kind of guy. But I think the point everyone is missing is he's OUR lunch pail guy. We essentially created him. He's also likely going to come rather cheap. A perfectly good player to keep in your DL rotation.

My hope is that the new GM recognizes this and resigns him.
    +1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Devito does leave he is no doubt going to the Pats. no doubt. And he will be a positive force on the field and in the locker room, just as he was with the Jets. He's not a top flight talent but the guy can play and the Jets let too many of these leaders go. every team needs a guy like this. The jets will lose a few of them this year (likely devito, moore, BT, maybe Pouha, Bell). where are the leaders coming from next season?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He will be a fine Patriot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is a serviceable nothing more .. Not like we where dominating on RUN D with him . Anyway Space Eaters are not the hardest position to fill and that's essentially what Devito is..

Sucks to see him go since he was home grown.. But he is no where as big of a loss as say Landry would be..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No great loss.The guy is OK, but the Jets have way more to worry about than loosing this guy.