Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Devito is as good as gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Devito is as good as gone.

Michael DeVito ‏@MikeDeVito70
    Jets friends and family, thank you all so much for 6 blessed years. You guys are the best fans in the NFL and I couldn't have done it w/o u!
    Sucks. He was a great leader, and a great voice in the locker room. He's going to go to NE, and haunt us. Guaranteed. Thanks for playing your ass off since 07 Mike.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another defender with delusions of grandeur who is responsible for a 1-11 record against teams that will end the season with a winning record since 2010.

Good luck on your next team. Make a few tackles.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Another defender with delusions of grandeur who is responsible for a 1-11 record against teams that will end the season with a winning record since 2010.

SAR I
    I usually agree with your opinions, but not here. Devito has been a solid player for us. He developed from a un-drafted FA, to a quality starter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to see Devito go but it is the right decision.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked Devito but hes a lunchpail guy who can be easily replaced.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    I usually agree with your opinions, but not here. Devito has been a solid player for us. He developed from a un-drafted FA, to a quality starter.
    devito is a decent player thats it. nothing above the ordinary. the jets cannot be a sanctuary for feel good older players any longer its time to take it to the next level and build a winning team.

thanks mike devito good luck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You disagree with the all and knowing SAR !@@#$?%

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh he'll go to NE and become Joe Klecko II

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the guy, definitely a hard worker, definitely a 110% effort guy, but his timing is very improper.

The Jets haven't said goodbye to him. He's likely in their plans. His Tweet is just a banner ad that reads POTENTIALLY GOOD FREE AGENT AVAILABLE NOW. CALL ME.

It is unknown whether his GM or HC will be back, certainly no one has informed Mike that he's gone since they themselves don't know if they are staying. This is like Fireman Ed, joining the pile-on to draw attention to himself and disappointing Jets fans unnecessarily.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    oh he'll go to NE and become Joe Klecko II
    the kid klecko wasnt half the player his father was.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    You are not a good judge of fat guys. Every team needs a player like DeVito.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    You are not a good judge of fat guys. Every team needs a player like DeVito.
    I agree. I want him back. I like the guy.

Point is he's decided to advertise his availability disguised as a disingenuous "I love you fans" Tweet.

He has no idea if the Jets want him back or not. I'm positive that Mike and Rex didn't call Woody from the plane urgently seeing his advice on the "Mike DeVito Situation", then tell Mike he's not welcome back. Mike is saying goodbye in true Jets Insider fashion, hoping that everyone will miss him so much they'll scream to the high heavens to keep him from leaving.

Very selfish move 4 hours after our season ended.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Point is he's decided to advertise his availability disguised as a disingenuous "I love you fans" Tweet.

He has no idea if the Jets want him back or not. I'm positive that Mike and Rex didn't call Woody from the plane urgently seeing his advice on the "Mike DeVito Situation", then tell Mike he's not welcome back. Mike is saying goodbye in true Jets Insider fashion, hoping that everyone will miss him so much they'll scream to the high heavens to keep him from leaving.

SAR I
    SAR the fact is that agents constantly are in touch with the front office. They know how much the jets want to offer him and obviously he thinks he's worth more.

You have to understand DeVito has not been making big money and this is his one chance in life to cash in. You can't hold it against him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

SAR I

you are a very f-ed up individual

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Yeah, I'm sure GMs across the league are monitoring Twitter to compile their available free agents lists. Never woulda known otherwise.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure GMs across the league are monitoring Twitter to compile their available free agents lists. Never woulda known otherwise.
    I didn't say that what DeVito did was smart; I merely said it was self-serving and ill-timed.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Totally agree with this post. Devito is an average D-lineman who just signed his own walking papers. No reason for the tweet. Just adds to this f@cking circus. This team is a disaster. Mike Devito calling shots now? Please.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the guy, definitely a hard worker, definitely a 110% effort guy, but his timing is very improper.

The Jets haven't said goodbye to him. He's likely in their plans. His Tweet is just a banner ad that reads POTENTIALLY GOOD FREE AGENT AVAILABLE NOW. CALL ME.

It is unknown whether his GM or HC will be back, certainly no one has informed Mike that he's gone since they themselves don't know if they are staying. This is like Fireman Ed, joining the pile-on to draw attention to himself and disappointing Jets fans unnecessarily.

SAR I
    I just had to sign on and say that I'm very happy to AGREE with you for once

The season just ended in miserable fashion and he's already giving his farewell speech on twitter? If his years were so great here, why not wait until he can talk to the new GM about his job? Instead, he's off the races. Totally weird timing, you hit the nail on the head.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok player, Great guy. He'll go to New England and be average just like Shaun Ellis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get it. What did he say that was so terrible that is making you all upset? Just that he enjoyed playing with the Jets and loves the fans?

Gosh how harsh can people be.