Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez: I plan on playing here forever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Same for the dominant running game.

Same for the dominant defense.

Ancient history.

The only difference being that the defense was supposedly stacked for success this year. Their collapse is shocking. The offense's collapse completely predictable.

SAR I
    If Sanchez is always going to need a dominant running game and a dominant defense just to be moderately successful, then why the hell are we wasting our time with this f*cking mook?

We drafted this kid to be the leader of this offense and face of the franchise for the next 10 years. Well, we're 4 full years into his career and he hasn't shown one ounce of improvement.

Look around the league

The NFL is now littered with rookie and 2nd year QB's who sh*t all over Sanchez. Where the hell is Andrew Luck's all-star supporting cast? Or Robert Griffin? Or Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden...the list literally goes on and on.

Why the hell would we want to throw away another season just to delay the inevitable? Get rid of the walking turnover machine and draft another QB. Preferably not another California pretty boy with a fragile psyche who seems more concerned with chasing trim instead of doing everything possible to become the best player he can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If Sanchez is always going to need a dominant running game and a dominant defense just to be moderately successful, then why the hell are we wasting our time with this f*cking mook?

We drafted this kid to be the leader of this offense and face of the franchise for the next 10 years. Well, we're 4 full years into his career and he hasn't shown one ounce of improvement.

Look around the league

The NFL is now littered with rookie and 2nd year QB's who sh*t all over Sanchez. Where the hell is Andrew Luck's all-star supporting cast? Or Robert Griffin? Or Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden...the list literally goes on and on.

Why the hell would we want to throw away another season just to delay the inevitable? Get rid of the walking turnover machine and draft another QB. Preferably not another California pretty boy with a fragile psyche who seems more concerned with chasing trim instead of doing everything possible to become the best player he can be.
    Bingo.

Shouldn't have to surround him with pro-bowlers/elite talent just to get him to quit turning the ball over and play average at best.

On #4 odds are 70% that you're correct and 30% that my pipe dream is correct.

Here's the deal:

We are going to suck next season. We will have a new offensive coordinator. We will have better talent at WR, TE, OL, and RB. The Tebow distraction will be over. Mark Sanchez is on our team next season. The offense has to take steps to improve next season. There are no great QB's out there in FA or the draft. So there's no harm in starting the offensive rebuild with Sanchez under center in '13 to see if he wasn't the problem in '12.

It's a very simple concept. It's not a ridiculous request. And it's going to happen anyway.

SAR I
    The fans and the Jets have seen enough of Sanchez, and he's seen enough of the Jets and their fans. You bring back Sanchez and it sends the wrong message to everyone and is a step in the wrong direction.

Time to move on... Better to start a rookie than Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Bingo.

Shouldn't have to surround him with pro-bowlers/elite talent just to get him to quit turning the ball over and play average at best.
    I think you could say the same thing about the "guru" head coach. Why does he need 2 $10 million dollar CBs and draft picks galore to be a guru. Why not send some of that talent towards Sanchez and the offense. If Sanchez is so "bad" why not give him more talent than the guru rex. Rex has pulled the wool over plenty of eyes but not mine. The guy is a certified nutjob and Sanchez (and others) are taking the fall.

Jets Insider VIP
    SARCHEZ..........LOL

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't disagree. We drafted Sanchez because Favre wasn't coming back, we didn't have a bonafide NFL quarterback on the roster, and it was a terrible free agent year as well.

When we took Sanchez, all the talk was about the fact that he was a safe game manager type who would be the perfect compliment to Rex Ryan's strategy to win games with a dominant D and a pounding rushing attack. No one said we drafted a guy that resembled Dan Marino, no one said we're looking at a dynamic Mike Vick type, no one said he was a can't-miss guy like Peyton Manning.

So, yes, Mark Sanchez needs a dominant D and a devastating rushing attack because a) he is not capable of leading a dominant air attack and b) our GM and HC certainly haven't stocked our offense to be the second coming of Air Coryell.

I agree 100% that today's NFL is all about a fantastic QB and a furious air show. Unfortunately, we have a head coach who thinks the opposite is true. So until he's gone, we're stuck with his strategy, and thus we don't need Dan Fouts because Rex wouldn't know what to do with him anyway.

The single biggest fail on this team this year was the lack of the running game if we're being honest. The D failed, was awful, but was decent enough to get us to 11 wins before a playoff blowout. Shonn Greene just skates on by, but he's the biggest reason we sucked this year. No running game, no play action. No play action, you just took away half of Mark Sanchez' ability. Throw in the awful WR's and lousy OL, disaster.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The D played very well. Our DL started out with 4 guys with 2 years exp between them and Devito who is nothing special. We had 4 starting LBs my 88 year old grandma can out run and a rook. Our secondary was the only thing stacked and we lost our best player early. All and all I think they actually over performed. Next year our DL will all be solid exp players. We will upgrade at least 2 LB spots and still be well off in the secondary even if we loose one or 2 of them.
    I agree, Dreamers. And I'm tired of RR getting all the kudos for the job Pettine did. Surely Rex didn't spend the past 4 years as DC of the Jets instead of learning the offense and learning how to be a Head Coach. If he did, that's just another reason to blow him up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sar just has a fetish for USC QBs.. Leinart, Sanchez.. what's the difference?

i was a Sanchez supporter for 3 years, but anyone claiming that it's 'just the weapons' has no ****ing clue what they're talking about. If it were just the weapons, we'd see Mark actually making good reads. If it were just the weapons we wouldn't see Mark heaving the ball into double coverage. If it were 'just the weapons' we wouldn't see Mark clueless on how to adjust blocking schemes at the LOS when the defense is about to blitz.

Mark has no awareness of the field. he looks like a a D1-AA QB out there against men. Cover it up with a great running game and a defense that can hold you to 10 points a game - great.. but Mark isn't going to suddenly become a good NFL QB. 15-20 range? Sure? For the $$$ we owe him in the next two years- **** no.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The fans and the Jets have seen enough of Sanchez, and he's seen enough of the Jets and their fans. You bring back Sanchez and it sends the wrong message to everyone and is a step in the wrong direction.

Time to move on... Better to start a rookie than Sanchez.
    No. That's the rationale for getting rid of Rex Ryan.

As one of the 82,500 fans who attends 6+ games a year I can tell you that when we boo, we are booing the offense. We're booing the OL that gets Mark hit until he fumbles. We're booing the WR's that drop catchable passes. We are booing the TE's that run bad routes and get Mark intercepted. We are booing the offensive coordinator that shuffles Tebow in and takes Mark out of rhythm. We're booing the HC that prioritized defense too much. We're booing the GM that went to war with this embarassing popgun offense.

Don't underestimate the intelligence of the fans you hear booing on TV. If Mark Sanchez looks good in camp and comes out throwing well in preseason, he'll be cheered very loudly on opening day. Mark Sanchez is a symptom, he's not the problem. Rex Ryan's horrible backwards strategy to win with the '85 Bears defense and the '59 Packers offense is what's making us sick.

SAR I

i plan on becoming the wealthiest person this planet has ever seen. but it's not really up to me unfortunately. of course sanchez wants to be here forever, look at how dumb we are and what we are paying him. how can you blame him?

Jets Insider VIP
    Haven't you and Suzy left yet?

Yall better hurry. Jaguar.com is getting their introductory press conference for your revered St Timmy set up as we speak

Yall don't wanna miss that

No. That's the rationale for getting rid of Rex Ryan.

As one of the 82,500 fans who attends 6+ games a year I can tell you that when we boo, we are booing the offense. We're booing the OL that gets Mark hit until he fumbles. We're booing the WR's that drop catchable passes. We are booing the TE's that run bad routes and get Mark intercepted. We are booing the offensive coordinator that shuffles Tebow in and takes Mark out of rhythm. We're booing the HC that prioritized defense too much. We're booing the GM that went to war with this embarassing popgun offense.

Don't underestimate the intelligence of the fans you hear booing on TV. If Mark Sanchez looks good in camp and comes out throwing well in preseason, he'll be cheered very loudly on opening day. Mark Sanchez is a symptom, he's not the problem. Rex Ryan's horrible backwards strategy to win with the '85 Bears defense and the '59 Packers offense is what's making us sick.

SAR I
    Half-agree. Mark isn't the problem, but he definitely is a problem.

Mark Sanchez is a symptom, he's not the problem. Rex Ryan's horrible backwards strategy to win with the '85 Bears defense and the '59 Packers offense is what's making us sick.

SAR I
    oh, right. if this team had 5 pro bowl receivers, peterson at RB, and 5 pro bowl o-linemen and the best defense in football THEN mark would play a little better. so therefore he's not the problem. great logic there buddy

speak for yourself. mark IS THE problem. he's soft, physically and mentally. he can't throw the ball. he has no pocket awareness, no leadership skills, no work ethic. nothing. if he's lucky he'll end up just like matt leinart and become a career backup. SOMEWHERE ELSE

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    oh, right. if this team had 5 pro bowl receivers, peterson at RB, and 5 pro bowl o-linemen and the best defense in football THEN mark would play a little better. so therefore he's not the problem. great logic there buddy

speak for yourself. mark IS THE problem. he's soft, physically and mentally. he can't throw the ball. he has no pocket awareness, no leadership skills, no work ethic. nothing. if he's lucky he'll end up just like matt leinart and become a career backup. SOMEWHERE ELSE
    lol, no.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Jets will look into the possibility of trading Sanchez, sources have said, but the organizational stance could change if a new general manager is in charge. To trade him, they'd probably have to eat most of the guarantee, plus there would be an estimated salary cap charge of $13 million.

If Sanchez plays for the Jets in 2013, his cap charge would be $12.8 million.

"I mean, I'm contracted here, I want to be here," he said. "That's all I've known is a Jets uniform. I plan on playing here forever, so who knows?"
    Mark Sanchez is going to have one hell of a blooper reel by the time his career is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    You can point to meaningless wins when the Jets had the best defense and running game in the league and carried Mark Sanchez's ass.

But what you can't argue is that Mark Sanchez has zero trade value right now.

Spin it all you want, but that's how the the rest of the league feels about Mark Sanchez's chances of being an effective NFL starter.
    Vince Young looked good a couple yrs ago too,he even carried his team on his back and now can not find a nfl job. 2 yrs ago is a long time in the nfl

All League
    In his first two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like the real deal.

In his second two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like crap.

Every good receiving target left and wasn't replaced. The running game collapsed and wasn't corrected. The offensive line got old and stupid. The coordinator went from bad to worse.

If none of those things happened, if we had consistently good WR's instead of a revolving door, if we had a running game that was respected by LB's, if we had a coordinator that could tie his shoes, if we had an OL that could keep him clean, Mark Sanchez might have developed into a great quarterback.

He's under contract. We're going to see if he's the problem or if he's the solution.

SAR I
    Even if that was true it doesn't negate 4 year veteran Sanchez's rookie like and self inflcited stupidity on display throughout the season. He should still possess the tools and show sound decison making despite having a relatively poor supporting cast...he doesn't and hasn't.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 12-31-2012 at 08:38 AM.

All League

SAR I
    Sooooo none of the boos emanating from those 82,500 fans were intended for Sanchez...ummm ok.

Hill, Holmes, Keller all out, and about 1200 QB hits all in.

Mark Sanchez is a punch-drunk fighter. He needs an offseason to recover and some new tools to work with. Let's see what happens.

SAR I
    Really, did we not do already after last season. Did you see most of his throws yesterday, the receiver were forced to be contortionist trying to catch the damn balls. Sorry Sar but in hind sight the kid was an awful pick and as Pete Carroll said, he was not ready. Not sure what to do with him, but his days as the starting QB of the NYJets should be over. This was the year, his fourth, he needed to step up. This is more so, with the injuries we have, that's what a true leader does. Mark wilted under the pressure and is just not made to be a starter, at least not here.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    10 multiple turnover games this year for Mr. Sanchez. The most in the NFL. <sigh>

Thank God it's now in the past.