Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez: I plan on playing here forever.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    In his first two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like the real deal.

In his second two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like crap.

Every good receiving target left and wasn't replaced. The running game collapsed and wasn't corrected. The offensive line got old and stupid. The coordinator went from bad to worse.

If none of those things happened, if we had consistently good WR's instead of a revolving door, if we had a running game that was respected by LB's, if we had a coordinator that could tie his shoes, if we had an OL that could keep him clean, Mark Sanchez might have developed into a great quarterback.

He's under contract. We're going to see if he's the problem or if he's the solution.

SAR I
    Mark would have NEVER developed into a top QB. He does not have the vision, touch or accuracy and never will.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree 100%. The Jets destroyed the kid. Most important position on the field and they neglected the offense, brought in a terrible OC, and burdened his mind with Tebowmania. SAR I
    Don't blame that sh*t on Tebow, SAR. As you can see from the way this season went, Mark never had to worry that Tebow would replace him as starting QB. And I"m sure Rex let Mark know that before the season even started.

I can accept some excuses for Sanchez, but using the Tebow excuse for the Jets losing season is lame, lame, lame.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Don't blame that sh*t on Tebow, SAR. As you can see from the way this season went, Mark never had to worry that Tebow would replace him as starting QB. And I"m sure Rex let Mark know that before the season even started.

I can accept some excuses for Sanchez, but using the Tebow excuse for the Jets losing season is lame, lame, lame.
    Yea, that's a weak argument. I agree that disrupting the rhythm by bringing in Tim whenever Mark gets going was stupid, but "burdening his mind with Tebowmania"? What in the hell kind of weak-minded scrub must Sanchez be, then?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez - will spend next year on IR. Jets eat the cap money. And cut him in 2 years Knicks did the same thing with Stephon Marbury.

Tebow - traded to JAX where he becomes a JAG.

McElboobs - practice squad

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "In his first two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like the real deal."

Year 1: 13 tds, 18 ints, sacked 34 times, 54% comp, 67 QB rating, 14 fumbles, 8 lost.

No Sanchez was almost as garbagey his 1st year as this year. We just had a great team around him and he some semi competant playoff games, nothing even great, just didn't turn it over multiple times.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    See, that's what gets me when I think "Well, maybe if our receivers were better". I get this feeling that, even with a good core of receivers, Mark is just checked out. It's just like this guy has been completely ruined by this organization.

I'd love for him to be fixed, but I'm just not so sure that he can.
    Can't blame him for checking out... a 25 year old kid has $40 or 25 million, not sure but after 10 who cares, he's getting the sh!t kicked out of him, and he's got to think "Screw this!" I would. We keep thinking being a successful QB is the most important thing in the world...

Is it? He's got family so maybe he's just looking for a graceful exit.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I remember that as well ... Ancient history.
    Same for the dominant running game.

Same for the dominant defense.

Ancient history.

The only difference being that the defense was supposedly stacked for success this year. Their collapse is shocking. The offense's collapse completely predictable.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    You can point to meaningless wins when the Jets had the best defense and running game in the league and carried Mark Sanchez's ass.

But what you can't argue is that Mark Sanchez has zero trade value right now.

Spin it all you want, but that's how the the rest of the league feels about Mark Sanchez's chances of being an effective NFL starter.
    Trade value means nothing because Mark is under contract and had a terrible season.

You think Mark Sanchez is awful and has regressed in the past 2 seasons due to his own abilities. I think Mark Sanchez is good and has regressed because he has gotten no support in the past 2 seasons.

We're going to see how this plays out. Arguing is pointless.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Mark would have NEVER developed into a top QB. He does not have the vision, touch or accuracy and never will.
    Show me your posts from August 2011 stating this.

You know, back when the Jets still had Tomlinson and felt great about Greene and gave a contract to Hunter and added Burress for the redzone and had flirted with Aso and were AFC Super Bowl favorites after having gone on a 16-4 run and sporting a 4-2 playoff record.

Show me where you thought Mark Sanchez lacked vision, touch, and accuracy and never would develop those skills. I'll check back here every few minutes. You can copy/paste the links right here.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does Sooth pay you by the hit or by the word to post this dribble? No one in their right mind would possibly believe that you are for real. Pretty good gig, huh? Stir the pot with your ridiculous ****, then sit back and watch the show. Nice!'

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Can't blame him for checking out... a 25 year old kid has $40 or 25 million, not sure but after 10 who cares, he's getting the sh!t kicked out of him, and he's got to think "Screw this!" I would. We keep thinking being a successful QB is the most important thing in the world...

Is it? He's got family so maybe he's just looking for a graceful exit.
    I completely understand. Being an NFL QB just isn't something everyone is cut out for.

If I were him and I was getting hounded on a daily basis and had people screaming obscenities at me, I'd tell everyone to piss off, take my millions and go home to take care of my family.

Don't see how you can really blame someone for wanting to do that. At the end of the day, this is just a game.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez will never be somebody with a doofus D minded coach in charge. This isn't a coach like BB that would give his QB tools like Gronk, hernandez, Welker, etc. I have watched this entire year and been silent but Rex is a clown. Rex needs to draft D guys to pad his resume and look good.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    "In his first two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like the real deal."

Year 1: 13 tds, 18 ints, sacked 34 times, 54% comp, 67 QB rating, 14 fumbles, 8 lost.
    Ah, show the stats of a 23 year old rookie thrown right into the fire without any clipboard time and no QB mentor on the roster to show him the ropes.

After Mark Sanchez shook the first 10 games of rookie jitters in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year, he went on a tear where he controlled his throws, cut down on the turnovers, and led the Jets on a run winning 16 of 20 games including 2 road playoff wins and was the best Jet on the field in the AFCCG loss at Indianapolis.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nature Boy View Post
    Mark Sanchez will never be somebody with a doofus D minded coach in charge. This isn't a coach like BB that would give his QB tools like Gronk, hernandez, Welker, etc. I have watched this entire year and been silent but Rex is a clown. Rex needs to draft D guys to pad his resume and look good.
    +1

Post more often. Don't be a stranger.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Does Sooth pay you by the hit or by the word to post this dribble? No one in their right mind would possibly believe that you are for real. Pretty good gig, huh? Stir the pot with your ridiculous ****, then sit back and watch the show. Nice!'
    If you're talking to me I don't know what you are talking about.

Mark Sanchez is a lousy quarterback. But at one time he was pretty good and looked promising.

SAR believes that Mark Sanchez is worth another look with an NFL caliber offense to support him, not this heap of sh-t we were forced to watch since Cortland.

Shoot me. Such a bombastic thing to say. Give him a chance this offseason with a new coaching staff, a beefed up OL, and some legitimate NFL WR talent. Ooh, such a ridiculous thing to say. Wow, SAR is crazy.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same for the dominant running game.

Same for the dominant defense.

Ancient history.

The only difference being that the defense was supposedly stacked for success this year. Their collapse is shocking. The offense's collapse completely predictable.

SAR I

The D played very well. Our DL started out with 4 guys with 2 years exp between them and Devito who is nothing special. We had 4 starting LBs my 88 year old grandma can out run and a rook. Our secondary was the only thing stacked and we lost our best player early. All and all I think they actually over performed. Next year our DL will all be solid exp players. We will upgrade at least 2 LB spots and still be well off in the secondary even if we loose one or 2 of them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade value means nothing because Mark is under contract and had a terrible season.

You think Mark Sanchez is awful and has regressed in the past 2 seasons due to his own abilities. I think Mark Sanchez is good and has regressed because he has gotten no support in the past 2 seasons.

We're going to see how this plays out. Arguing is pointless.

SAR I
    Finally can agree on some things:
    1. Mark had a terrible season.
    2. We'll see how it pans out.
    3. Arguing is pointless.

One more for you:
    4. Mark's days of playing for the Jets are over.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're talking to me I don't know what you are talking about.

Mark Sanchez is a lousy quarterback. But at one time he was pretty good and looked promising.

SAR believes that Mark Sanchez is worth another look with an NFL caliber offense to support him, not this heap of sh-t we were forced to watch since Cortland.

Shoot me. Such a bombastic thing to say. Give him a chance this offseason with a new coaching staff, a beefed up OL, and some legitimate NFL WR talent. Ooh, such a ridiculous thing to say. Wow, SAR is crazy.

SAR I
    Had Rex not hogged all the picks for himself and signed 1/3 of the cap to two DBs, we would all probably be talking about how good a QB Sanchez is and how lousy of a defensive guru Rex is. It doesn't seem to hurt BB's ego to draft offensive studs and score more points. BB has it figured out but Rex would rather finish in the top 5 in defense than finish over .500. Send this clown packing and I will be the first to drive him to the border.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Finally can agree on some things:
    1. Mark had a terrible season.
    2. We'll see how it pans out.
    3. Arguing is pointless.

One more for you:
    4. Mark's days of playing for the Jets are over.
    On #4 odds are 70% that you're correct and 30% that my pipe dream is correct.

Here's the deal:

We are going to suck next season. We will have a new offensive coordinator. We will have better talent at WR, TE, OL, and RB. The Tebow distraction will be over. Mark Sanchez is on our team next season. The offense has to take steps to improve next season. There are no great QB's out there in FA or the draft. So there's no harm in starting the offensive rebuild with Sanchez under center in '13 to see if he wasn't the problem in '12.

It's a very simple concept. It's not a ridiculous request. And it's going to happen anyway.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nature Boy View Post
    Had Rex not hogged all the picks for himself and signed 1/3 of the cap to two DBs, we would all probably be talking about how good a QB Sanchez is and how lousy of a defensive guru Rex is. It doesn't seem to hurt BB's ego to draft offensive studs and score more points. BB has it figured out but Rex would rather finish in the top 5 in defense than finish over .500. Send this clown packing and I will be the first to drive him to the border.
    +1

Bless you for your clairvoyance, Brother Nature Boy.

Have a healthy and happy new year. Post more often.

SAR I