Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sanchez: I plan on playing here forever.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I plan on playing here forever Sanchez said.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez equals Wrecks in progress

What did four years of on the job training do for Sanchez as QB? The same results as four years of on the job training for Wrecks as HC. Both regressed. And what do the Jets do? Give them both a fifth year. That is a great way to reward performance. Anyone else in the NFL get that? Only in the Jets universe.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    After his first 10 games of rookie jitters, Mark Sanchez led the Jets to a 16-4 run.

He was good then. And so were legitimate NFL weapons like Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Jericho Cotchery, Ladanian Tomlinson, Tony Richardson, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, and Dustin Keller. All of whom were let go and never replaced and/or got injured and didn't contribute.

It's not like the offense stayed consistent the last 4 years and Mark Sanchez was the thing that sucked; he lost every playmaker he had during our successful seasons. Don't believe me. Ask Mike Tannenbaum, he knows.

SAR I
    I see it very different. Sanchez didnt lead us to anything. He was only average at best. Look at his numbers as a QB.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...s-need-new-qbs

The team carried Mark to those wins. They overcame his pi$$poor play.
    He is not a leader period !!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is our 2013 QB ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Three excellent choices.

I counter with...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Sanchez reminds me of every mexican gardener/landscaper I ever met. They never quit.

They all start off cheap and do a great job, in a few years they are doing a so so job and overcharging you. Eventually you have to fire them and get another.

They never quit and always be more than happy to work for you forever just as long as you overpay them and put up with sloppy work.

Sanchez would have made a good gardener/landscaper.
    Lame analogy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Sanchez is our 2013 QB ...
    "We had a lot of wins together," Sanchez said of Ryan, "and I know there's plenty more to come."

Sanchez also had a message for Jets fans.

"Just hang in there. They've been through tougher times than this," he said, via The New York Daily News. "There's good things to come and on the horizon."

[Good things to come and on the horizon. That sounds like a Jets West t-shirt slogan if I ever heard it.]

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that this season was a disaster and the fans want some justice, but the vehemence against Sanchez has become legendary, almost shameful. I agree with SAR. Remember when Sanchez would run for first downs when the pocket collapsed? They nerfed that. Remember when he would throw the nice balls while rolling out? They nerfed that too. Remember when he actually had time to throw the ball and his receivers ran crisp routes? I do.

Although he made a lot of errors in his early career, the way this team has mismanaged him is criminal. Show me another QB that came into the NFL with as much piss poor handling of his nurturing as Mark. Don't run, check down, a skimmed playbook, OC's that are jokes, a porous O-line, RB's that cant catch a pass, and a group of WR's that would be on any other teams practice squad. Not to mention the absolute media circus that drummed up a QB controversy and turned a lot of fans against him. Combine all of those negative factors and who would succeed?

He is awful now, but he is under contract for one more year and I think that there is a chance that he can turn it around. Get a decent OC, a nurturing QB coach who can repair his confidence, and some WR's that can actually play...

As disgusted as I was by this season, Marks performance was just the cherry on top of a big fat greasy s**t sandwich this team has become. Yet, I still have hope.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

dont always agree with you sar

but sir you are right on the money. This franchise has not given him any support these last two years trying to sign aso as player after player went somewhere else and giving cromartie the money anyway after aso signed with philly. thank god they hit on kerley with the 5 pick in 11 otherwise without holmes we have nobody and where has dustin keller been he said he was going to the pro bowl this season guess he had tickets did he play 3 games this year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- After two weeks of declining to discuss his future, quarterback Mark Sanchez said Sunday he wants to remain with the New York Jets.

"Of course, of course," he said after the 28-9 loss to the Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium. "I mean, this is where it all started, this is where we've had a bunch of fun playing a ton of games, almost 40 wins for Rex (Ryan) and I. We know we can be successful here, so hopefully things work out. If not, I just can't speculate. We'll see."

Sanchez signed a three-year, $40.5 million contract extension last March that would keep him with the Jets through 2016. The deal includes an $8.25 million guarantee for 2013, which means it's highly likely he will return.

The Jets will look into the possibility of trading Sanchez, sources have said, but the organizational stance could change if a new general manager is in charge. To trade him, they'd probably have to eat most of the guarantee, plus there would be an estimated salary cap charge of $13 million.

If Sanchez plays for the Jets in 2013, his cap charge would be $12.8 million.

"I mean, I'm contracted here, I want to be here," he said. "That's all I've known is a Jets uniform. I plan on playing here forever, so who knows?"

Sanchez, who regained his starting job because of Greg McElroy's head injury, was typically inconsistent in the season finale Sunday. He committed two turnovers -- a strip-sack fumble and an interception that was returned 20 yards for a touchdown. Sanchez stared down receiver Jeremy Kerley on the interception, making it easy for Bills linebacker Bryan Scott to pick off the pass.

Sanchez finished the season with 26 turnovers in 15 games (18 interceptions, eight fumbles lost). In the last two seasons, his turnover total was a bloated 52.

"Not my best," he said. "I know I'm better than this. That's what I'll focus on this offseason, getting better."

The Jets (6-10) lost wide receiver Santonio Holmes to a season-ending injury in Week 4. His security blanket, tight end Dustin Keller, missed eight games with injuries. He was surrounded by a patchwork receiving corps. His most accomplished receiver the last three weeks was Braylon Edwards, whom the Jets reacquired off the scrap heap.

Sanchez also dealt with the Tim Tebow distraction. He said "it's not an excuse," but he also didn't sound thrilled with the unusual quarterback dynamic.

"He comes with a big fan following," Sanchez said.

On Sunday, Sanchez was under duress at times and completed only 17-of-35 passes for 205 yards, including a terrific 40-yard pass to Kerley. He was drilled on the play, yet dropped the pass in perfectly on a long sideline route. Such plays happened too infrequently.

"We just didn't execute, and it starts with the quarterback," Sanchez said. "I've got to be better."

Not long ago, Sanchez was the future of the franchise, the first pick of the Ryan-Mike Tannenbaum administration. Now everything is uncertain.

"Coach Ryan is a fighter," Sanchez said. "He wants this thing bad, just like I do. We've had our taste of success here, a couple of deep playoff runs where we were really a quarter or a half away from a Super Bowl, almost twice."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...g-here-forever

News Flash: You will be here forever when Woody hires Santa as the GM, the Easter Bunny as OC and the Tooth Fairy as your QB coach.
    I HOPE NOT, I don't want to see Sanchez in a jet uni again forever!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Three excellent choices.

I counter with...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "We had a lot of wins together," Sanchez said of Ryan, "and I know there's plenty more to come."

Sanchez also had a message for Jets fans.

"Just hang in there. They've been through tougher times than this," he said, via The New York Daily News. "There's good things to come and on the horizon."

You mistakenly omitted the rest of Sanchez's statement:

"Just surround me with pro bowl talent at every position and I'll become the mediocre game manager you all dreamed me to be".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post

"Just surround me with pro bowl talent at every position and I'll become the mediocre game manager you all dreamed me to be".
    Exactly ... Give me the leading rusher in the league, the best offensive line, and an outstanding wideout corps, not to mention one of the best defenses in the league .... And then i will definitely be able to lose a couple AFCCGs for you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post

SAR, for whatever reason, cannot see this. It's truly absurd.