Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 116

Thread: Sanchez: I plan on playing here forever.

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    In his first two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like the real deal.

    In his second two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like crap.

    Every good receiving target left and wasn't replaced. The running game collapsed and wasn't corrected. The offensive line got old and stupid. The coordinator went from bad to worse.

    If none of those things happened, if we had consistently good WR's instead of a revolving door, if we had a running game that was respected by LB's, if we had a coordinator that could tie his shoes, if we had an OL that could keep him clean, Mark Sanchez might have developed into a great quarterback.

    He's under contract. We're going to see if he's the problem or if he's the solution.

    SAR I

    I agree we will find out....people need to come to terms that Rex and Sanchez will be here for another year....

  2. #22
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Mark is not the solution, lol. He's the furthest thing from it.

    That said, let's not act like he's the only thing holding us back. We can blame Mark for his share of follies, but not everything is his fault.
    We have known about the weakness of this offense since July. I'm flabbergasted as to why everyone is going crazy about it here in December when we have been seeing this the entire season. Nothing about Mark Sanchez's performance in Buffalo is any different than any other offensive performance this entire year. Running backs don't run, wide receivers don't catch, OL doesn't block, coordinator is lost, Mark Sanchez takes the blame.

    Mark Sanchez is good when he had playmakers like:

    Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Washington.

    Mark Sanchez isn't good when he has fap like:

    Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene.

    No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t. And I didn't list the offensive line. And I didn't talk about the coordinator.

    If we had replaced these players with higher-quality playmakers we still may not be 100% pleased with Mark Sanchez's progress, but he certainly would be our starting quarterback and we certainly be somewhere near an 11 win team.

    This is the reason why Mark Sanchez will stay with the Jets, why he will get a good look in training camp, and why he will be the starting quarterback in 2013.

    SAR I

  3. #23
    The best Sanchez could hope for here is to be regarded as a "He's a Jet, I'm a fan, but he has the skill of my local HS QB and less brain." He's now the underdog. Having a super high pick spent on a guy who now has to play the underdog is about as useful as drafting Ryan Leaf.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    32,620
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    In his first two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like the real deal.

    In his second two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like crap.

    Every good receiving target left and wasn't replaced. The running game collapsed and wasn't corrected. The offensive line got old and stupid. The coordinator went from bad to worse.

    If none of those things happened, if we had consistently good WR's instead of a revolving door, if we had a running game that was respected by LB's, if we had a coordinator that could tie his shoes, if we had an OL that could keep him clean, Mark Sanchez might have developed into a great quarterback.

    He's under contract. We're going to see if he's the problem or if he's the solution.

    SAR I

    Sure but somewhere along the way he turned into a pussified, turnover machine. He's careless and undisciplined with the football. He was a hell of a lot tougher the first couple of years he was here. Now he's damaged goods.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    In his first two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like the real deal.

    In his second two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like crap.

    Every good receiving target left and wasn't replaced. The running game collapsed and wasn't corrected. The offensive line got old and stupid. The coordinator went from bad to worse.

    If none of those things happened, if we had consistently good WR's instead of a revolving door, if we had a running game that was respected by LB's, if we had a coordinator that could tie his shoes, if we had an OL that could keep him clean, Mark Sanchez might have developed into a great quarterback.

    He's under contract. We're going to see if he's the problem or if he's the solution.

    SAR I
    Looked like the real deal? WTF are you smoking? He never even cracked an 80 QB rating! His best year he threw 17td and 13 int. Every other year he has thrown at least 18 interceptions. HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN AN ATROCIOUS QB!!!!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    In his first two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like the real deal.

    In his second two seasons Mark Sanchez looked like crap.

    Every good receiving target left and wasn't replaced. The running game collapsed and wasn't corrected. The offensive line got old and stupid. The coordinator went from bad to worse.

    If none of those things happened, if we had consistently good WR's instead of a revolving door, if we had a running game that was respected by LB's, if we had a coordinator that could tie his shoes, if we had an OL that could keep him clean, Mark Sanchez might have developed into a great quarterback.

    He's under contract. We're going to see if he's the problem or if he's the solution.

    SAR I
    Did you hit your head or something?

  7. #27

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We have known about the weakness of this offense since July. I'm flabbergasted as to why everyone is going crazy about it here in December when we have been seeing this the entire season. Nothing about Mark Sanchez's performance in Buffalo is any different than any other offensive performance this entire year. Running backs don't run, wide receivers don't catch, OL doesn't block, coordinator is lost, Mark Sanchez takes the blame.

    Mark Sanchez is good when he had playmakers like:

    Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Washington.

    Mark Sanchez isn't good when he has fap like:

    Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene.

    No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t. And I didn't list the offensive line. And I didn't talk about the coordinator.

    If we had replaced these players with higher-quality playmakers we still may not be 100% pleased with Mark Sanchez's progress, but he certainly would be our starting quarterback and we certainly be somewhere near an 11 win team.

    This is the reason why Mark Sanchez will stay with the Jets, why he will get a good look in training camp, and why he will be the starting quarterback in 2013.

    SAR I
    How about this .,,,

    Mark Sanchez is not bad ....


    ... He's horrible. I have never seen a QB with a complete lack of ability to look off CBs and Safeties. He stares down receivers very well.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 12-30-2012 at 09:54 PM.

  9. #29
    Of course he likes it here. In his 1st 5 years he will be like the 3rd highest paid QB in the league on average! He is banging a women old enough to be his mother and is likely the father of Snookies kid! lol He sucks worse then Russell but has less reason too. But he only started like 14 games in College so maybe he needs more time.

  10. #30
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Did you hit your head or something?


    Perhaps I did.

    But I recall a run where the Jets went 16-4 and Mark Sanchez was not a problem at all in any of those 20 games. In fact, he alone pulled out 4 miracle 4th quarter victories, beat the Patriots in the playoffs, opened a season 9-2.

    And I remember opening day 2011, full of optimism, had flirted with Aso and added a few missing pieces, and on that day Mark Sanchez wasn't discussed at all as a potential issue.

    Something went wrong in the middle of 2011. Keller got hurt. Tomlinson got hurt. Burress got old. Wayne Hunter imploded. Shonn Greene got stuck in the mud. Schittenheimer took stupid pills. Mark got smacked around, had no one to depend on, started playing scared.

    And in the next offseason, it's legendary what they did to him. A worse offensive coordinator. A worse set of receiving targets. No improvement to the running game. The biggest QB distraction in the history of the NFL looking over his shoulder and half of ESPN Nation rooting against him.

    Mark Sanchez looked like the second-best QB in Jets history going into the 2011 season. If you connect the dots, see that the issues might be the train-wreck offense constructed by his GM and HC, you may find that he is worth another look in 2013 with a new staff and a lot of new playmakers.

    SAR I

  11. #31
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Sure but somewhere along the way he turned into a pussified, turnover machine. He's careless and undisciplined with the football. He was a hell of a lot tougher the first couple of years he was here. Now he's damaged goods.
    Agree 100%. The Jets destroyed the kid. Most important position on the field and they neglected the offense, brought in a terrible OC, and burdened his mind with Tebowmania.

    He's a tough kid. This will be his toughest test. Let's see if he can bounce back with some quality targets. Steve Young and Brett Favre were once thought to be complete busts and utter jokes early in their careers. They weren't. They were just mishandled.

    SAR I

  12. #32
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    How about this .,,,

    Mark Sanchez is not bad ....

    ... He's horrible. I have never seen a QB with a complete lack of ability to look off CBs and Safeties. He stares down receivers very well.


    There was a time when his GM and HC gave him a quality set of receiving targets, a dependable OL, and a respected running game.

    There's a chance that QB can re-emerge with similar support again. I'd give our odds 1-in-3.

    SAR I

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    There was a time when his GM and HC gave him a quality set of receiving targets, a dependable OL, and a respected running game.

    There's a chance that QB can re-emerge with similar support again. I'd give our odds 1-in-3.

    SAR I
    See, that's what gets me when I think "Well, maybe if our receivers were better". I get this feeling that, even with a good core of receivers, Mark is just checked out. It's just like this guy has been completely ruined by this organization.

    I'd love for him to be fixed, but I'm just not so sure that he can.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,776
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We have known about the weakness of this offense since July. I'm flabbergasted as to why everyone is going crazy about it here in December when we have been seeing this the entire season. Nothing about Mark Sanchez's performance in Buffalo is any different than any other offensive performance this entire year.

    SAR I
    Not true. The offense with Sanchez scored 48 on the same team 16 weeks ago, only difference being Hill and Holmes out.

  15. #35
    Mark Sanchez on his top top day with everything just perfect for him is a mediocre QB. Mark Sanchez on a normal team with the usual challenges that a QB faces is an atrocious QB that should never see a football field. GET RID OF THE BUM!!!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    Perhaps I did.

    But I recall a run where the Jets went 16-4 and Mark Sanchez was not a problem at all in any of those 20 games. In fact, he alone pulled out 4 miracle 4th quarter victories, beat the Patriots in the playoffs, opened a season 9-2.

    And I remember opening day 2011, full of optimism, had flirted with Aso and added a few missing pieces, and on that day Mark Sanchez wasn't discussed at all as a potential issue.

    Something went wrong in the middle of 2011. Keller got hurt. Tomlinson got hurt. Burress got old. Wayne Hunter imploded. Shonn Greene got stuck in the mud. Schittenheimer took stupid pills. Mark got smacked around, had no one to depend on, started playing scared.

    And in the next offseason, it's legendary what they did to him. A worse offensive coordinator. A worse set of receiving targets. No improvement to the running game. The biggest QB distraction in the history of the NFL looking over his shoulder and half of ESPN Nation rooting against him.

    Mark Sanchez looked like the second-best QB in Jets history going into the 2011 season. If you connect the dots, see that the issues might be the train-wreck offense constructed by his GM and HC, you may find that he is worth another look in 2013 with a new staff and a lot of new playmakers.

    SAR I
    I remember that as well ... Ancient history.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    Perhaps I did.

    But I recall a run where the Jets went 16-4 and Mark Sanchez was not a problem at all in any of those 20 games. In fact, he alone pulled out 4 miracle 4th quarter victories, beat the Patriots in the playoffs, opened a season 9-2.

    And I remember opening day 2011, full of optimism, had flirted with Aso and added a few missing pieces, and on that day Mark Sanchez wasn't discussed at all as a potential issue.

    Something went wrong in the middle of 2011. Keller got hurt. Tomlinson got hurt. Burress got old. Wayne Hunter imploded. Shonn Greene got stuck in the mud. Schittenheimer took stupid pills. Mark got smacked around, had no one to depend on, started playing scared.

    And in the next offseason, it's legendary what they did to him. A worse offensive coordinator. A worse set of receiving targets. No improvement to the running game. The biggest QB distraction in the history of the NFL looking over his shoulder and half of ESPN Nation rooting against him.

    Mark Sanchez looked like the second-best QB in Jets history going into the 2011 season. If you connect the dots, see that the issues might be the train-wreck offense constructed by his GM and HC, you may find that he is worth another look in 2013 with a new staff and a lot of new playmakers.

    SAR I
    You can point to meaningless wins when the Jets had the best defense and running game in the league and carried Mark Sanchez's ass.

    But what you can't argue is that Mark Sanchez has zero trade value right now.

    Spin it all you want, but that's how the the rest of the league feels about Mark Sanchez's chances of being an effective NFL starter.

  18. #38
    This is true. Sanchez has always been our biggest weakness on offense. Even when he was good.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    anyone have the dates for Jets West?

    will Braylon attend?
    He'd better if he wants a job.


    (and yes I know you're trolling but I thought I'd take your post seriously for once since nobody here ever does. )

  20. #40
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Not true. The offense with Sanchez scored 48 on the same team 16 weeks ago, only difference being Hill and Holmes out.
    Hill, Holmes, Keller all out, and about 1200 QB hits all in.

    Mark Sanchez is a punch-drunk fighter. He needs an offseason to recover and some new tools to work with. Let's see what happens.

    SAR I

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us